What's new

First Mi-35 and Now $ 900 M Aid? Would it be too much to Swallow?

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan
By The Newspaper's Correspondent

WASHINGTON: An amendment to stop US funding to Pakistan has been defeated in the House of Representatives, which accepted the Obama administration’s argument that doing so would hurt key US interests.

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

But at a separate session, a key congressional committee reduced US aid to Pakistan for 2015 by $65.8 million.

At the House, 320 of the 435 voting members rejected the amendment, proposed by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, to stop American funding to Pakistan. Mr Rohrabacher still managed to get the support of 92 members, although he did not have a co-sponsor.
=====
Is the $65 M Silver lining good enough to ease the pain? There are 900 Million reasons that say that the efforts by Rohrabacher were not good enough.

He supports breakup of Pakistan and making Balochistan a new country which would please the Indians but it does put their claim in an awkward position where they claim to care for Afghanistan & their friendliness with Iran because Grater Balochistan as envisioned by NeoCons contains parts of Iran and Afghanistan as well. Indian conciliates in Afghanistan wont only have to worry for Haqqani network.. but Ayatullah network and Northern Alliance network may also start tearing a new one in to those numerous cultural centers and conciliates that are setup along the Pak Afghan border.

Now, the silver lining. Although Indians can celebrate for taking a chunk of $65million from our freebee but hey.. ten in hand are much better than 1 or 2 in the bush I say ;)

Whats more, when it comes to bypassing those retards like Rohrabacher, the Administration has creative ways to top-up our requirements separately. they call them reimbursements thank you very much.

At least now we can rest this almost few weeks long question that how this Mi-35 purchase will be funded?

Well Uncle Sam is paying up and he is really impressed with Waziristan operation

@niaz @Windjammer @Cheetah786 @DESERT FIGHTER @waz
is US congress trolling the Indians or is it just me?

check the posts below to decide ;)

The indians really her abusive and violent when they are scared ..Ready to piss in their pants ..

Pakistan ain't friends with USA its just a relation of mutual benefit and OHMGEE INDIA IS MILK WASHED RIGHT?

na kabhi aid li, na kabhi koi ghalt kaam kiya. NAA bhai india tou seeeedha Jannat se utra hai na?

Idiots , They have no other business in the world except showering Pakistan with their beautiful allegations and desultory notes.

Pakistan receives aid, so what ..india does too... Pakistan received weaponry so what ..hasn't india been collecting the russian scrap since..idk..oh yeah FOREVER ..

Or yeh aid konsa hum ne kha jani hai, sub un 500 parliamentarians ki pockets mei jaye ga.. humaray hissay tou sirf Qarza aye ga.

Even if we don't take aid, we won't starve to death unlike india.. And oh dear, why are they so self-assumptive... WHO SAID "I'M MR. PAKISTAN AND I AM PROUDLY RECEIVING 900 M OF CHARITY"..
Did anyone say so?

No! Indians have a habit of creating hype and spreading and perceiving a simple statement as a spiced up Biryani..
The kind of people who try to benefit themselves by creating drama...

You are overestimating the impact of a billion dollars of aid to Pakistan by USA on India. I mean, what does a billion do in a GDP of 200 billion USD. And the NW operation is going to cost much more than that to Pak economy. Americans wanted you to do this operation and you are doing it. They better pay you for it. Most Indians wont grudge Pakistan getting a billion USD for an honest day's work in NW
this operation won't hurt our economy but will benefit our economy in the long run, we doing this operation for ourselves not america.

Since nobody has done it already, let me be the first one and congratulate you on this cool aid of $900 million. Going by your happiness, it must be quite a proud moment for you. :lol:
does india not receive aid anymore?

Since nobody has done it already, let me be the first one and congratulate you on this cool aid of $900 million. Going by your happiness, it must be quite a proud moment for you. :lol:
It is

specially for us soldiers both serving and retired

we love to kill the enemies of Pakistan
and we are getting paid for it?

wow, cant get any better than this.

I know the reality of your laughter, you are bleeding your heart out right now.
sadly for your country, we are not only opening up new friendly relations with other countries but also being recognized for our war effort.

I know this must be a kick in your teeth that despite all that Indian propaganda, you failed to completely isolate Pakistan after all and I happy with just two recent examples of Russia and America.. now we will kill your proxies and get paid for it.

while some of you are celebrating the economic and human loss of Pakistan ..we are just getting started now.. dont worry we have those terror camps in Afghanistan in our gun sights.. whats better way to use that US money to take out some Indian run Baloch Samachar and TTP rat nests? :)

It is

sadly for your country, we are not only opening up new friendly relations with other countries but also being recognized for our war effort.

I know this must be a kick in your teeth that despite all that Indian propaganda, you failed to completely isolate Pakistan after all and I happy with just two recent examples of Russia and America.. now we will kill your proxies and get paid for it.

while some of you are celebrating the economic and human loss of Pakistan ..we are just getting started now.. dont worry we have those terror camps in Afghanistan in our gun sights.. whats better way to use that US money to take out some Indian run Baloch Samachar and TTP rat nests? :)
Perhaps your boasts would be better timed Irfan, after you finish off the decade long massive insurgency in your country which has cost Pakistan many billions of dollars. Till then you sound just as credible as the DRDO Chief saying it can export LCA.

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan
By The Newspaper's Correspondent

WASHINGTON: An amendment to stop US funding to Pakistan has been defeated in the House of Representatives, which accepted the Obama administration’s argument that doing so would hurt key US interests.

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

But at a separate session, a key congressional committee reduced US aid to Pakistan for 2015 by $65.8 million.

At the House, 320 of the 435 voting members rejected the amendment, proposed by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, to stop American funding to Pakistan. Mr Rohrabacher still managed to get the support of 92 members, although he did not have a co-sponsor.
=====
Is the $65 M Silver lining good enough to ease the pain? There are 900 Million reasons that say that the efforts by Rohrabacher were not good enough.

He supports breakup of Pakistan and making Balochistan a new country which would please the Indians but it does put their claim in an awkward position where they claim to care for Afghanistan & their friendliness with Iran because Grater Balochistan as envisioned by NeoCons contains parts of Iran and Afghanistan as well. Indian conciliates in Afghanistan wont only have to worry for Haqqani network.. but Ayatullah network and Northern Alliance network may also start tearing a new one in to those numerous cultural centers and conciliates that are setup along the Pak Afghan border.

Now, the silver lining. Although Indians can celebrate for taking a chunk of $65million from our freebee but hey.. ten in hand are much better than 1 or 2 in the bush I say ;)

Whats more, when it comes to bypassing those retards like Rohrabacher, the Administration has creative ways to top-up our requirements separately. they call them reimbursements thank you very much.

At least now we can rest this almost few weeks long question that how this Mi-35 purchase will be funded?

Well Uncle Sam is paying up and he is really impressed with Waziristan operation

@niaz @Windjammer @Cheetah786 @DESERT FIGHTER @waz
is US congress trolling the Indians or is it just me?

check the posts below to decide ;)

Is this the compensation for drone attacks or they are again starting their AF base in Shamsi?

No aid for military or for military hardware

It is

It is good to celebrate Pakistan's policy being successful here, but please do keep in mind that Russia and USA are doing it to serve their national interests, not Pakistan's. Pakistan needs to keep its own national interest first and foremost, always. If they can be aligned with the regional goals of Russia and/or USA, all the better!

What does this has to do with India? You guys are celebrating getting aids? Isn't it pathetic you are depending on aids?

Six decades of handouts can become habits. Then as they say; habit becomes second nature. :D
OTOH; just consider this----- if the $900 million was FDI instead of a cash handout. Would'nt that be more meaningful?

But seriously; neither the cash handout nor the choppers are/will be the end of the problems. Those hard problems will still need to be tackled in the long haul. So the Celebrations will need to wait, ehh @Irfan Baloch?

this operation won't hurt our economy but will benefit our economy in the long run, we doing this operation for ourselves not america.

The Central Government of India doesn't accept any Foreign Aid. That is the official policy . The Foreign Assistance received by India are channelized through NGOs.

It is

Have you yet figured out that they are playing you like a trumpet, just like they did for last few decades?

if, the answer is no then please rejoice in the tidbits that they throw Pakistan's way.

Have you yet figured out what is the ultimate goal of groups like the TTP? it's not to only destabilize Pakistan, it's to destabilze the whole region - their goal is far beyond Pakistan. So you end up running your armed forces to its bones aerial bombing, artillery firing their @ss and your own tribal population and in the bargain killing our enemies again?.

And, in the bargain you end up with what? a billion dollars and a bunch of helicopters? from countries that call themselves our strategic allies?.

It is good to celebrate Pakistan's policy being successful here, but please do keep in mind that Russia and USA are doing it to serve their national interests, not Pakistan's. Pakistan needs to keep its own national interest first and foremost, always. If they can be aligned with the regional goals of Russia and/or USA, all the better!

cant complain when we share the interests and threats in the region.
it is a shock for the haters who tried to bring Pakistan and America on conflict course .. that despite .. challenges.. we stayed on the same side.

when our haters were going overboard in their propaganda against Pakistani forces.. and ISI.. US special ops and CIA personnel were operating together with Pakistani forces as inbeds and have kept that out of public knowledge.

maybe it will be news for you as well, but I wonder how Pakistani and American soldiers might have joked and enjoyed those "shocking" news and analysis that Pakistanis are not doing enough or playing double games.

one thing that is universal about anyone who "works for the country". be it special forces or intelligence that.. he or she is a changed man and whatever happens in the ops.. stay in the ops. A childhood family friend of mine who grew with me but he is always tight lipped about his special ops. specially when I learnt he took part in ops with the Yanki jarheads that took out and blew some really big time nasties in the tribal areas.
haters will hate it but we cant leg go of each other.

maybe it will be news for you as well, but I wonder how Pakistani and American soldiers might have joked and enjoyed those "shocking" news and analysis that Pakistanis are not doing enough or playing double games.

Great post, but it is not the soldiers who played double games with each other. They are too honorable for that. The same cannot be said about the politicians and spooks.

Back
Top Bottom