What's new

First Combat Drill With HAL Tejas In 3 Months.

It's always been right down your ally mate, just google it and reads it to your heart's content. several other sources also reported this. And the weekend warriors were even convinced that we didn't have any BVR capability even in 2002, but i guess oblivion is resorted for some. ;)

Well, the 2 reports are not really that contradictory.. A live fire exercise and Fully operational status are 2 different things..

And PAF is still mostly a WVR force (at least in numbers)..Weekend warriors or not.. Unless I missed some news about recent upgrades...

It's always been right down your ally mate, just google it and reads it to your heart's content. several other sources also reported this. And the weekend warriors were even convinced that we didn't have any BVR capability even in 2002, but i guess oblivion is resorted for some. ;)
Kid,
US Department of State agrees that PAF is a toddler in BVR combat:
13. (C) The sale of new aircraft and 500 AMRAAM missiles would give Pakistan beyond visual range capability, but Pakistan will acquire the ability to employ this capability with either the new buy or MLU aircraft. Canceling the new buy would thus only delay the process by 18 months. Successful employment of this capability by the PAF, however, will take 2-3 years and a significant revision of doctrine and tactics. The Indian Air Force already routinely trains on existing beyond visual range tactics
Cable Viewer

Well, the 2 reports are not really that contradictory.. A live fire exercise and Fully operational status are 2 different things..

And PAF is still mostly a WVR force (at least in numbers)..Weekend warriors or not.. Unless I missed some news about recent upgrades...

Dude i was only going by what's written in the article......not being able to even fire guns until 2015.
the light-weight fighter will be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refuelling only by 2015 at the earliest, say defence ministry sources
As for PAF BVR capability, the only aircraft not capable remain the older Mirages and F-7P version.
The older F-16 after MLU now also have this capability. (IMAGE)

f-16_mid_life_update_shahbaz.jpg

Kid,
US Department of State agrees that PAF is a toddler in BVR combat:

Cable Viewer

Let me enlighten you old timer....A decade earlier, in middle of a stand off with India (2002) PAF inducted some F-7PG fighter/interceptors........not just to fire AIM-9Ps, PL-7s or 550s......since it already had aircraft capable of firing such weapons....get the drift.
Now let's not try and turn this into another PAF V IAF thread.

Dude i was only going by what's written in the article......not being able to even fire guns until 2015.

Didnt a recent news article in Pakistan claim that the complete fighter Plane factory has gone up in smoke at Kamra.. You of all people believing news articles at face value ?? tch .. tch... ;)

As for PAF BVR capability, the only aircraft not capable remain the older Mirages and F-7P version.
The older F-16 after MLU now also have this capability.
Have all the older F 16s been MLUed ?? I dont think all of them have gone thru this yet.. Also, do you have any number wise breakup of current inventory that shows WVR and BVR planes.???

Our MKI inventory itself is numerically (and qualitatively) superior to their BVR capable fleet as of today. In addition we have 50 mirages, 60+ mig 29s and several squadrons of mig 21 bisons, all of which are BVR capable. I think we are pretty safe in terms of BVR engagement capability vis-à-vis Pakistan, which is what that leaked US state dept cable says. Every fighter we induct in future will also be BVR capable, so pak is never going to have an upper hand in that. By 2016, the jaguars will be the only non BVR capable combat aircraft in the IAF.

Windjammer

320 of PAFS 400 FIGHTER ARE MIRAGES & F7s

only BVR capable fighters are F16 & JFT MK1 thunder (and even mk1 JFT its only testing SD10 not operational yet )

Dude, you seem oblivious to the capability of F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE-III standard aircraft.

Windjammer

Are you serious abt this comment
Dude, you seem oblivious to the capability of F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE-III standard aircraft.

Those F7 & MIRAGES are in the same class as MIG21 bison at best

And even the bisons are being retired by IAF by 2017

Back
Top Bottom