What's new

First Combat Drill With HAL Tejas In 3 Months.

its coming secur

its coming

and its a indian design

tejas-350_083111014547.jpg

strictly speaking its French design with Russian, Isreali and American sub-systems

No need to do it yourself if you do not have the capability and it's much cheaper to buy them from a foreign source. Finish up ca first and analyze to see if India can purchase for less cost than development

Tejas is more e pensive than f-22 if you look at the development cost as well as the fact that India will induct limited numbers. This is a big waste.

Please enlighten us :D
I think US has some 180 odd F-22. And if LCA is more expensive than that how come India afford that many Test planes ( I know 8 LSPs and least 10 earlier models ) ??? 40 MK1 on order for IAF and some 8/12 from IN Are you saying India is fu@king rich ???
Well mate CA is not gona exceed the allotted funds unless DRDO guies are born billionaires and spending from their pockets

If you consider the development cot, than more advance foreign fighters are cheaper. Tejas is probably the most expensive fighter in human history, a plane that is taking 30 years to develop.
China is still ahead of us....it took 35 years for them to start inducting their 4th Gen Jet into their airforce....

strictly speaking its French design with Russian, Isreali and American sub-systems
Ya like J10 is Israeli desiegn with Russian engine,Radar and other sub systems are either made in colabaration with russians or simply copied from Israel ....

This news report says otherwise.

Rs 25k cr Tejas won’t be ready before 2015

NEW DELHI: At a time when the US is fast-developing hypersonic bombers capable of flying at 20 times the speed of sound, India's largely home-grown Tejas light combat aircraft will 'not be ready to go to war' anytime before 2015.

The latest assessment of Tejas, which has now clocked close to 2,000 flights in its almost three-decade-long saga, holds the light-weight fighter will be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refuelling only by 2015 at the earliest, say defence ministry sources. That is when the single-engine Tejas will become fully combat-ready after getting the final operational clearance (FOC). The review suggests that the fighter is again headed to miss a deadline. The project was started in 1983 to replace Mig 21s.

Rs 25k cr Tejas won?t be ready before 2015 - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: At a time when the US is fast-developing hypersonic bombers capable of flying at 20 times the speed of sound, India's largely home-grown Tejas light combat aircraft will 'not be ready to go to war' anytime before 2015.

The latest assessment of Tejas, which has now clocked close to 2,000 flights in its almost three-decade-long saga, holds the light-weight fighter will be capable of firing guns, rockets and BVR (beyond visual range) missiles as well as air-to-air refuelling only by 2015 at the earliest, say defence ministry sources. That is when the single-engine Tejas will become fully combat-ready after getting the final operational clearance (FOC). The review suggests that the fighter is again headed to miss a deadline. The project was started in 1983 to replace Mig 21s.

Suddenly the word of Times of India is the gospel for Pakistanis ;)... Any port in the storm mate ???

And India does not plan to go up against the USA with hypersonic bombers anytime soon.. Most of our LCA fleet will be focused against the adversary who still has the major part of its air force incapable of a BVR engagement

Hahaha ok now you trust TOI :D but why not when it say something against Pak :D

And please point me where the article say anything about NO COMBAT DRILL in three months.
If you didn't see the news date in hurry I will like to update you its July,2012.
And IAF has planned this drill as exersice to whole fleet. LCA won't be lone participation.
If you understand this mean IAF has faith in LCA to let it fly with prime assets.

But I guess this wasn't your intention. So please enlighten us about your view :D
And oh yes you missed some part of news. I know it must be accidentally

So far, Tejas has achieved only initial operational clearance-I (IOC-I) to certify it's airworthiness. "The IOC-II for the fighter, which also includes integration of some weapons like laser-guided bombs, was pushed back to December 2012. But now, it will only be possible by July, 2013, or so after over 200 more sorties. FOC will come only two years after that,'' said a source.

India will eventually spend over Rs 25,000 crore in the entire Tejas programme, including the naval variant and trainer as well as the failed Kaveri engine, as reported by TOI. But more than the cost, it's the time taken to develop a fully-tested, weapons-ready fighter that underlines how critical defence projects should not be run.

While it is true that developing a supersonic fly-by-wire fighter from scratch was never going to be easy, the entire project could have been managed much better. IAF, on its part, is supporting the fighter programme since it knows the country's need to have indigenous weapon systems is strategically critical.

i dont know much , but as far i understand is 1st squadron( 16-20 jets) will be ready for induction by 2015.

Suddenly the word of Times of India is the gospel for Pakistanis ;)... Any port in the storm mate ???

And India does not plan to go up against the USA with hypersonic bombers anytime soon.. Most of our LCA fleet will be focused against the adversary who still has the major part of its air force incapable of a BVR engagement

It's always been right down your ally mate, just google it and reads it to your heart's content. several other sources also reported this. And the weekend warriors were even convinced that we didn't have any BVR capability even in 2002, but i guess oblivion is resorted for some. ;)

Back
Top Bottom