What's new

First Cameron Insults, Now UK Media Disfigures Our Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I did advocate tit for tat, it's in the defense and interest of our country. Too many times, other nations take the responsibility of defining and explaining Pakistan to the rest of the world and we stay silent because of inferiority complex sometimes. Just look at our political leadership who is okay with such treatment.

Our leaders stay silent, the writers write, the speakers speak and the activists propagate their beliefs and opinions. To say we stay quiet is a very broad generalisation.

Yes our leaders stay quiet, but WE don't.

because of inferiority complex sometimes.

No, it's not inferiority, its called lax attitude and guilt. The only people who stay quiet are the ones who have some dirt to be exposed.

The ones who are verbose are the ones who care most for their nation and its pride.

Chill out guys....Cameron is new and he is trying to be a hero just like Obama, who said before US elections that he will allow US forces to attack inside Pakistan and now he realized if ISI and Pakistan won't help him he will loose next elections. :cool:

NWO,So let me get this straight, you are defending the artists freedom of expression and speech yet curtailing ours by using statements such as "Bitching".
I'm just saying that the British won't change their ways, and complaining about that is useless. We need to focus on Zardari, who went running to them for most likely some money. Actions speak louder then words.

As for the freedom of expression, we need to be the bigger ones here. We shouldn't be resorting to merely attacking their flags and find random pictures.

Also please try to soften your tone when your speaking to people!
Sorry, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Insulting The Green And The Crescent
First Cameron Insults, Now UK Media Disfigures Our Flag

pak-flag-uk-jul10.jpg

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan—It should be abundantly clear that the British government and media have commenced a campaign against Pakistan both at the diplomatic and propaganda levels. Prime Minister David Cameron fired the first salvo deliberately choosing India so as to have the proper impact in Pakistan. Our state, seeming to wallow in abuse at the hands of the White Man, pussyfooted around these abusive remarks and shamefully President Zardari continued with his private visit to the UK while the Foreign Office woke up only days later to summon the British High Commissioner - when it realised the public outcry was getting stronger. Not that any of this mattered since the British Prime Minister was totally unrepentant and, just to make sure the Pakistanis got the point, he reiterated that he meant what he had said and was neither going to take his words back or express any regret over them. Now where does Foreign Minister Qureshi stand, given how he insisted the Cameron remarks were a mere “slip of the tongue”?

Following Cameron, The Independent (clearly not so independent of UK government links!) newspaper has now seen fit to distort the Pakistani flag in a way that clearly insults the nation. Would they dare to do something like this to the Indian flag? This is a repeat of the blasphemous cartoons targeting Islam in the absurd claims of “freedom of expression”, only this time Pakistan is the target. Everyone knows the national flag symbolises the nation and the British media, by disfiguring the flag, has assaulted the state and nation of Pakistan. How many more insults will our leaders compel us to bear? Is there no end to how much abuse we are meant to take in the post-9/11 era?

western media blame that our media is immature and inexperienced. i think they should learn some manner from us. may be we fight with each other but we never cross the limit and never insult any country like that.

I think its disgusting how 'The Independent' insulted an entire nation. It is different when some uninformed low-life in some country burns another nation's flag, but when the media of a nation does it, it is of a completely different magnitude. I can completely understand and concur with the anger of the Pakistani people.

Satirical cartoons are commonplace and we all laugh when a caricature of some political person is drawn. But for the media to show the caricature of a national flag is an insult to a whole nation. IMO The Independent should withdraw the image and apologise to Pakistan.

I think its disgusting how 'The Independent' insulted an entire nation. It is different when some uninformed low-life in some country burns another nation's flag, but when the media of a nation does it, it is of a completely different magnitude. I can completely understand and concur with the anger of the Pakistani people.

Satirical cartoons are commonplace and we all laugh when a caricature of some political person is drawn. But for the media to show the caricature of a national flag is an insult to a whole nation. IMO The Independent should withdraw the image and apologise to Pakistan.

I agree.. Today's cartoon is still fine but the flag one is downright offensive. I have personally never seen Indian or Pakistani media taking a dig at each other's flag despite such a high degree of animosity..

I don't get it how you people jump to conclusion that the artical is bear truth with out any proof yet when an indian member or a a member who posts an artical that shows the "dark side" of islam you go ahead and say where is the proper proof or a thrustworty source.

anyways moving which brtish newes paper "distorted" the flag as i haven't heard anything or read anything about it here so far.

oh and really i beleive countryizm is a stupid thing.

Countryizm? Is that even a word?

You were lucky .. i had difficulty in understanding most of the words.

I don't get it how you people jump to conclusion that the artical(?) is bear(?) truth with out any proof yet when an indian member or a a member who posts an artical(?) that shows the "dark side" of islam you go ahead and say where is the proper proof or a thrustworty (?)source.

anyways moving which brtish newes (?) paper "distorted" the flag ( or is it image of the flag) as i haven't heard anything or read anything about it here so far.

oh and really i beleive countryizm (?)is a stupid thing.

I can understand why the UK PM Comments are wrong but this flag thing is no big deal.Pakistanis burn UK, USA flags regularly as even some Americans burn their own flag in their country!Freedom of Speech whether you like it or not where as the whole Cameron thing is wrong and we should give strong reaction to that - Don't get your panties in a bunch like Indians generally do.

here comes the bigmouth , why are you involving indians in this and regarding what you said about distortion of national flag, to me its a big deal a countrys flag is its identity its respect a nations flag shows and bears the respect of people for their nation, nobody has a right to distort a nations flag, the cartoon shows how feebleminded are english and their racism, every rightful man will consider this as a big deal

I don't get it how you people jump to conclusion that the artical is bear truth with out any proof yet when an indian member or a a member who posts an artical that shows the "dark side" of islam you go ahead and say where is the proper proof or a thrustworty source.

anyways moving which brtish newes paper "distorted" the flag as i haven't heard anything or read anything about it here so far.

oh and really i beleive countryizm is a stupid thing.

the link was already posted before, i believe. but here it is anyway,

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/the-daily-cartoon-760940.html?ino=3

as u can see, the source is The Independent.

Countryizm? Is that even a word?

I think he meant nationalism.

whats the big deal? so they distorted your flag. its just a symbol of your nation. if they distorted the indian flag i will look for the satire in it. you people take things too seriously. look at the message in the cartoon instead of bashing the cartoonist. whine whine whine.

The emotional side of mine says let us also disrected their flag in newspapers....Start insulting their Queen ....Their PM etc etc.....

But Two wrongs dont make right.....So keep your calm......Get together ....Record your protest infront of British embassy (Because i dont think our leaders will do anything).....And tell them by calling themselves most civilized doesn't make them civilized.....

where is the source of this news?
would love to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom