What's new

First Cameron Insults, Now UK Media Disfigures Our Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you be more specific here.....

I meant that Indians also do not bother about other countries' f
lags being mishandled or even they do insult and burn these flags so your selective criticism of Pakistanis is uncalled for here.

Exactly thats what I am saying...Pakistanis don't bother about other countries flags being mishandled...so why should world care about their sentiments attached to their national flag.

And who is stopping Pakistani leaders to create a similar hue and cry over this incident..... but then again .....the money is supposed to come form there so can't create ruckus right now.

NO one is asking the world and YOU to care or raise voice.

link please

Here is the original link to the cartoon as it appeared on The Independent. I wanted to find out if it actually was true or not as some people were wondering, so decided to find out.

The Daily Cartoon - Opinion - The Independent

The cartoonist is Dave Brown, he is known for his controversial cartoons like the one which he won the 2003 Political Cartoon of the Year award for, where he depicted Ariel Sharon as a monster eating Palestinian babies - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Brown_(cartoonist)

PS: Some of his cartoons are good, and certainly true to an extent. In the first link check out the 1st, 6th and 8th cartoons

I meant that Indians also do not bother about other countries' flags being mishandled or even they do insult and burn these flags so your selective criticism of Pakistanis is uncalled for here.

Please read my posts again sir/madam. I simply stated you do it so why cry when world does it.

NO one is asking the world and YOU to care or raise voice.

The feeling is mutual. Thank you.

On a side note, those common people on street burning flags of different countries during protests and the same insulting act by a learned foreign media like the media outlet like The Independent are two different things.

The Independent only degrades itself by this action by coming on a par with illiterate protesters

Nothing big, what do you expect from a country that wear their flags on their backsides:
istockphoto_1565104-proudly-british.jpg

The origins of the Limey flag are steeped in occult history. If you want a logical explanation of their flag, it symbolizes the "double cross", an insult to Jesus peace be upon him and wink and nod to the Jews who turned him over to the Romans. Our flag is on a whole different level. Be proud of it, and when someone insults it don't feel inferior or too shamed to insult them back. But use facts.

Nothing big, what do you expect from a country that wear their flags on their backsides:

:P i was about to say the same but then the picture i have is of a white woman wearing UK/US flags as mmmmmmmmm :blink:

Its their culture. Don't be bashing it. And I bet you I can find some Pakistani doing the same thing.

Ok, listen up people. Americans don't give care that this is happening to the Pakistani flag. They would care if it happened to their flag. Why? BECAUSE ITS THEIR COUNTRY, AND THEIR DAMN PROUD OF IT! Thats why Pakistani are riled up about this, but not so much if it happens to, say, the Korean flag.

As well, you have something called the freedom of speech. The artist is free to do this. So, stop bitching about the artist or the cartoon. Instead, we should be focusing on the real problems. You know, like Mullah Omar, the recent flooding or Zardari and his ***** ***.

Our flag is on a whole different level. Be proud of it, and when someone insults it don't feel inferior or too shamed to insult them back. But use facts.

??

There is no inferiority here. It my friend is called tit for tat.

I can understand why the UK PM Comments are wrong but this flag thing is no big deal.Pakistanis burn UK, USA flags regularly as even some Americans burn their own flag in their country!Freedom of Speech whether you like it or not where as the whole Cameron thing is wrong and we should give strong reaction to that - Don't get your panties in a bunch like Indians generally do.

its true Pakistanis do that but our national newspapers or media does not F**k with their flag !

It clearly looks like something red matchbox or something........:confused:

PS:there is a limit to flaming this not the time nor the place. If i were you i'd edit my post :pop:

@ontopic
Like always just leave it to the media,to add more fuel to the fire. :flame:

Last edited:
Its their culture. Don't be bashing it. And I bet you I can find some Pakistani doing the same thing.

Ok, listen up people. Americans don't give care that this is happening to the Pakistani flag. They would care if it happened to their flag. Why? BECAUSE ITS THEIR COUNTRY, AND THEIR DAMN PROUD OF IT! Thats why Pakistani are riled up about this, but not so much if it happens to, say, the Korean flag.

As well, you have something called the freedom of speech. The artist is free to do this. So, stop bitching about the artist or the cartoon. Instead, we should be focusing on the real problems. You know, like Mullah Omar, the recent flooding or Zardari and his ***** ***.

NWO,

???????????

What planet are you on? It's not "bashing", it's called tongue in cheek humour my friend!

They would care if it happened to their flag. Why? BECAUSE ITS THEIR COUNTRY, AND THEIR DAMN PROUD OF IT!

SO ARE WE!

As well, you have something called the freedom of speech. The artist is free to do this. So, stop bitching about the artist or the cartoon. Instead, we should be focusing on the real problems.

So let me get this straight, you are defending the artists freedom of expression and speech yet curtailing ours by using statements such as "Bitching".

Also please try to soften your tone when your speaking to people!

Now where does Foreign Minister Qureshi stand, given how he insisted the Cameron remarks were a mere “slip of the tongue”?

what do you expect from our government which is actually supporting the BRITISH and actually putting words in their mouth!!! and calling it a slip of tongue!!! we will be dumb to expect our government to make a strong statement!

and this silence from us will slpwly lead to more and more provocation from the british silence only emboldens the bully!

??

There is no inferiority here. It my friend is called tit for tat.

While I did advocate tit for tat, it's in the defense and interest of our country. Too many times, other nations take the responsibility of defining and explaining Pakistan to the rest of the world and we stay silent because of inferiority complex sometimes. Just look at our political leadership who is okay with such treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom