What's new

First Armed UAV has been Successfully Tested

That's reaper It's bigger and heavier than the predator we are talking about more than 2 tons vs more than half a ton for the predator.

Anka is comparable to the predator, Ch-4 and the Shahed-29. not bad at all if it is in service.
The next Anka variant will be 1.5 ton, against reaper which is 1.7 ton!
Basically, they have to have local engine to have that capabilities, thats what i mean!
I think Turkey gets its strong turboprop engines through Hurkush train aircrafts.. It use 1600 shp turboprop engine.. They most probably test it how to increase the aircraft woth modifications to high attitude..

The next Anka variant will be 1.5 ton, against reaper which is 1.7 ton!
Basically, they have to have local engine to have that capabilities, thats what i mean!
I think Turkey gets its strong turboprop engines through Hurkush train aircrafts.. It use 1600 shp turboprop engine.. They most probably test it how to increase the aircraft woth modifications to high attitude..
Why not scale it down to about %66 percent and standardize it among our MALE UAVs?

ANKA, Bayraktar, even Herons could run on the same engine it'd be great.

We'd be in an unmatched level of self reliancy. Even Israel is using American Rotax engines in their Herons
think about it :)

I ain't sure about predator but reaper(the one that matters) has 950shp turboprop

We started off Anka with diesel and I think that was our biggest mistake.
I don't know who made that mistake SSM or TAI but we're still paying for it. That much is Certain.

If that mistake hadn't been made ANKA project would be over by now and we'd be working on a stealth UCAV

It wasn't a mistake, they knew Diesel engines were the way to go for extended loitering times and cost of operation. What they didn't foresee is the Diesel engine they were basing the Aerial Vehicle on was on the verge of bankruptcy. So, they thought hey. These Phuckers are buying Mercedes engines and modifying it to be airworthy, why the phuck aren't we doing this schit ourselves. :-) hence TEI 'developing' diesel engine

It wasn't a mistake, they knew Diesel engines were the way to go for extended loitering times and cost of operation. What they didn't foresee is the Diesel engine they were basing the Aerial Vehicle on was on the verge of bankruptcy. So, they thought hey. These Phuckers are buying Mercedes engines and modifying it to be airworthy, why the phuck aren't we doing this schit ourselves. :-) hence TEI 'developing' diesel engine
it wasn't thielert's bankruptcy that killed it... it was the fact that 2.0L engine was underpowered. It couldn't climb high enough for strategic purposes of TurAF. If the engine was good enough we could buy the licence and produce it here.

I could name 10 companies that could do the production.

Not only that we now have more payload to deal with, SATCOM antenna has been added. It's clear that we need a higher displacement engine.

And this question is open for anyone to answer.
What the fvck happened to the Gören project?

Last edited:
Uncle Sam must regret not selling us Predators.
oh... US Congress has much bigger things to regret [cough][cough] Iraq war [cough]
:lol:
congrates to Turkish brothers..
Thanks bro, every success of ours in this field means more access for pakistan to high tech military equipment :)

TB-2 with 4 guided bomb

Thx Allah !

CW_IzMNWEAAs_SW.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Now it is time for making a swarm of Bayraktars and attach them to their master ANKA with satcom.

Back
Top Bottom