What's new

First Armed UAV has been Successfully Tested

Well, I saw the list of suppliers, and I wonder how many % of Bayraktar is Turkish made, I know we've had this issue once before, but what I'm interested in knowing is if we're improving and becoming more and more self reliant.

Except engine?

It's a simple joke. Pancar Motor.
PANCAR MOTORLAR

No domestic engine up to now. There are 3-5 serious global engine manufacturers for diesel piston aircraft engines.

KOC , Sabanci and the players are not interested to invest in R&D.
We are in free competitive economy you can't punish them.

Last edited:

According to @Nutuk they are developing a bigger and more advanced version, much closer to the other advanced MALE drone equivelants. Perhaps with this new development they could opt for the domestic engines of TEI. However i doubt they will allow compition for the TAI Anka. Gosh this is just great! competition within the Turkish defence industry is exactly what we need.

you can't punish them

taxes 16 % for normal business
7 % for food and drinks
1 % for domestic future engeneering and use of 80 % domestic recources

and then you have their punishment.. but actually no one would do such a thing except me

According to @Nutuk they are developing a bigger and more advanced version, much closer to the other advanced MALE drone equivelants. Perhaps with this new development they could opt for the domestic engines of TEI. However i doubt they will allow compition for the TAI Anka. Gosh this is just great! competition within the Turkish defence industry is exactly what we need.

Competition is good, but co-operation is even better. Whoever wins, contracts should be drawn up to share wealth between both companies. Since Anka is government funded and not a private project, government should have Baykar Makina and Vestel producing parts as well.

Anka use 155hp engine whereas the US one 900hp. Recently i saw that the CHinese one use 700HP. Thats why probably they work hard to have bigger engine which will add MMW radar and anti tank missiles...

Competition is good, but co-operation is even better. Whoever wins, contracts should be drawn up to share wealth between both companies. Since Anka is government funded and not a private project, government should have Baykar Makina and Vestel producing parts as well.
I think it's Impressive Baykar came as far as they did with the meagre resources available to them. Their UAVs must be bought I don't care by which branch but Army or Jandarma preferably.

Karayel seems like a better choice for the navy and I think It's almost certain that TurAF is going to buy the ANKA

Anka use 155hp engine whereas the US one 900hp. Recently i saw that the CHinese one use 700HP. Thats why probably they work hard to have bigger engine which will add MMW radar and anti tank missiles...

Those drones are probably a whole different class on its own bro. The US predator drone also uses an 100hp engine as far as i know.

Those drones are probably a whole different class on its own bro. The US predator drone also uses an 100hp engine as far as i know.
I ain't sure about predator but reaper(the one that matters) has 950shp turboprop

We started off Anka with diesel and I think that was our biggest mistake.
I don't know who made that mistake SSM or TAI but we're still paying for it. That much is Certain.

If that mistake hadn't been made ANKA project would be over by now and we'd be working on a stealth UCAV

US one 900hp
That's reaper It's bigger and heavier than the predator we are talking about more than 2 tons vs more than half a ton for the predator.

Anka is comparable to the predator, Ch-4 and the Shahed-29. not bad at all if it is in service.

fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com-.-vatanmediafile-.-Haber598x362-.-2015-.-12-.-18-.-milli-iha-ya-yerli-fuze--1900269.Jpeg.jpg

milli-iha-ya-yerli-fuze--1900279.Jpeg

milli-iha-ya-yerli-fuze--1900281.Jpeg

milli-iha-ya-yerli-fuze--1900282.Jpeg

Bayraktar Tactical UAV has been successfully tested with two laser guided Mızrak missiles. Missiles has been fired from 8 km distance at 5 km altitude.
These missiles are Turkish equivalent of US made Hellfire.

The design look unique.Not a copy i think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom