What's new

Filipino Maids/Nannies working in Pakistan! What do you think?

-Its a growing phenomenon that has grown in the last 10 years
-Middle class and Upper classes preferring Filipino maids and nannies
-salary is around $400 per month (Approx. 62,000 PKR)
-people are apparently hiring them because they speak English with kids
-Now at least workers are legally working in Pakistan on Work Permits!
-Can we train local maids/nannies so we can save foreign exchange?
-Some are eventually settling in Pakistan for good!
-Philippine embassy is also regulating work

View attachment 755953

Seriously is something wrong here ?

And? They are highly professional and hard working. Hopefully treated better here than GCC.
Pakistani labor is leasr professional and will NOT ever stop talking about their familial problems (most often indicating they need financial help)

Dude you seriously want my mother to ask, this nanny turned his wife to ask how did your husband last wife died?

Sorry bro, that was an inappropriate joke. My apologies.:ashamed:

Filipinos in America are well respected and have one of the highest income amount all ethnic groups. It felt like half of the nurses in the U.S are Filipinos. It's a high paying job but very stressful job especially during the pandemic.

But Filipino Maids/Nannies on the other hand goes mainly to middle east and Hong Kong, where most of
abuse happened. Hispanic nannies are more popular in the U.S. Maybe the rich Pakistani families hiring Filipino Maids instead of Pakistani maids because of status symbol?

Last edited:
This is true sadly. But they are also paid very little in comparison to the Filipinos.

A Pakistani maid will be paid not even 20000 rupees so compare that to $400 can you blame them for stealing?

Plus Pakistani use the Filipinos as a symbol of pride and success. I know many such maids in Islamabad and trust me even gay men are being imported and working in Pakistan.

Pakistani maids are usually untrained they do not even know how to work, they steal, they even do not learn even after repeatedly guiding them because they are slacker. those who are trained are paid better. you cannot compare Filipino maid to locals, they are well trained.

and the kind of work a Filipino does, a local maid is paid around 20k for it or more.

Filipinos in America are well respected and have one of the highest income amount all ethnic groups. It felt like half of the nurses in the U.S are Filipinos. It's a high paying job but very stressful job especially during the pandemic.

But Filipino Maids/Nannies on the other hand goes mainly to middle east and Hong Kong, where most of
abuse happened. Hispanic nannies are more popular in the U.S. Maybe the rich Pakistani families hiring Filipino Maids instead of Pakistani maids because of status simple?
Yes, this is what I was thinking that elites are hiring them as a status symbol. Those who are talking about the unprofessionalism of local labor are talking about people who hardly make 15k a month. Just give an advertisement mentioning the salary of 60k for a nanny and you will get CVs from postgraduates

As long as they are treated well. I’ve lost count of the many stories of nannies, house help being beaten and abused in other Asian countries.
Philippine are generally nice folks.

What’s that all about bro?
Philippines is a fantastic country. I have been there. Very nice kind people in general. Their work ethic is excellent.
Pakistans upper classes are cartoons. They just like drama. I have no idea why you would import maid who are non Muslim and male overtly guys? The ladies working in Pakistan tend to focus on teaching children dance and other cultural thing they know from Philippines. Sure they speak fairly good English but not like us. However, when you look at some of the things children are exposed to I wouldn't encourage this. However Muslims from Philippines are very Conservative in general and I don't know Pakistani families don't ask for them?
Yes, this is what I was thinking that elites are hiring them as a status symbol. Those who are talking about the unprofessionalism of local labor are talking about people who hardly make 15k a month. Just give an advertisement mentioning the salary of 60k for a nanny and you will get CVs from postgraduates
I totally agree. We abuse our own and pays 5 to 600% more to foreigners and expect the same service from our own on peanuts.
I don't blame locals for stealing even though its a terrible act

Pakistani maids are usually untrained they do not even know how to work, they steal, they even do not learn even after repeatedly guiding them because they are slacker. those who are trained are paid better. you cannot compare Filipino maid to locals, they are well trained.

and the kind of work a Filipino does, a local maid is paid around 20k for it or more.
People work for money. This is a fact. No one works because they enjoy it.
Now advertise for a local nanny for $400, I guarantee you you will get excellent candidates who will work hard learn and will want to keep their job and ensure the family are happy with them. Our mindset is wrong. We treat servant like rubbish. We had servant at home and they ate what we ate. My mother was so kind to them. Even after my mother passed away her servants who had moved on still visit us and we see them as an extention of our family. Call the khala etc.

abuse happened. Hispanic nannies are more popular in the U.S. Maybe the rich Pakistani families hiring Filipino Maids instead of Pakistani maids because of status symbol?

Np, no offense taken :)
Honestly i doubt it would be a status symbol, but it could be all i knew was this one nanny turned wife which happened to become our neighbors, other than that I haven't see others.

They are professional and know their job well. Some of the South Asians i.e. Pakistanis, Indians consider them sex slaves due to their own narrow mindedness but i have found the Filipinos as the best people to trust. Arabs entrust their expensive oil, gas and chemical plants to them. They are working on technical posts as permanent employees.

According to the owner of MANSOL's owner Khaleequr Rehman, their government has established world class training institutes to train their citizens for every kind of trade that is in demand from South East Asia to Gulf and from Europe to America. They know which country is going to install a new refinery and their trained and experienced labor is already available to get employed. Unfortunately our back to back governments including current govt have no idea how to get their citizens employed on the well payed jobs throughout the growing economies.

I have worked in a turnaround of Gulf's best petrochemical plant. More than 50% employees were filipinos and the image of Pakistani labor was not better in the eyes of these mates. One of the filipino technician said to me, "Abuzar! before i met you, i used to consider the Pakistanis as worst people to deal because of their ill commitments and unprofessional attitude and other characteristics".

Now, we have to train our youth according to the demands of new trends and then we have to help them through our foreign mission to get employed. If a country employs 10 Indians then it is our right that we should send 2-3 Pakistanis in the same country. Otherwise, whether it is IK or NS, everyone is failed!

However Muslims from Philippines are very Conservative in general and I don't know Pakistani families don't ask for them?
Yes, they are. But what Muslim sends his daughter or wife to another country to work in another household?

Philipino maids are a status symbol and known for their hard work (they are literally everywhere, as truck driveres in Russia, as crew members of a ship, nurses in the USA...). They are mostly nice people but unfortunately they often have a subservient attitude towards Whites.
It felt like half of the nurses in the U.S are Filipinos.

This right here is the crux of the problem with Pakistani labour generally. It's untrained. There is limited sense of professionalism and most of them seem to think the world owes them a living and are working reluctantly like hostages to their own financial situation.

There is a huge business opportunity here that the Pakistani "Tajar" community are missing out own. Training and development. Take this example - you make a company providing nanny services or cleaning services, or maids, drivers etc. Clients get assigned an individual who is on a salary paid by the company. Clients pay the company for the services directly. If your driver is off, the company is responsible for providing an alternative. If your cleaner leaves, the next day another one arrives knowing full well the rota, requirements and having the same skill set.

Clients are confident in getting a professional, continual service, as well as having someone to complain to. Employees know full well they will get a salary every month, they will get training etc. The company takes 20% off the top after all expenses for their own profits. Yes they are more expensive than local maids, but they are providing a world class service.

Back
Top Bottom