What's new

Fighter plane, frigate and Tanks for armed forces: Planning minister

Plz someone provide some source/proof of BD getting f-18's thx.

Its a really good news , i think BD must not repeat Pakistan's mistakes and join us In Thunder program because BD would benefit from it and this is a real cost effective solution for BD hardware needs.

As the Thunder technology is getting better day by day ie incorporation of French avionics and MBDA mica and PL-12 BVRAAM and AIM-120c AAMRAAM. it will turn out to be a lethal bird.

Bangladesh Navy Orders Two AgustaWestland AW109 Powers

Good news indeed. AFAIK, this is the first time BN will have an airborne platform. All the best! :)

Good news indeed. AFAIK, this is the first time BN will have an airborne platform. All the best! :)

Thanks.

Not exactly the first time,just recently,about 5-6 months ago,BAF trained BN for new aviation wing.And according to reports,Z-9 Harbin Helicopters are already on duty with BN.(Although I am not totally sure,in that case you are right :) )

But nevertheless,a good news showing progress.These choppers will help aid rescue missions,also recon. :tup:

Last edited:
Plz someone provide some source/proof of BD getting f-18's thx.

There's no solid confirmation,but only speculation.

You can consider we are probably evaluating it.Considering the reports and pictures that BAF pilots in US trying out F-18.Don't yet consider we are buying anything.

Thanks.

Not exactly the first time,just recently,about 5-6 months ago,BAF trained BN for new aviation wing.And according to reports,Z-9 Harbin Helicopters are already on duty with BN.(Although I am not totally sure,in that case you are right :) )

But nevertheless,a good news showing progress.These choppers will help aid rescue missions,also recon. :tup:

Yah, BN is already operating Z-9 Harbin Helicopters....its used by our brothers in the PN as well.....:yahoo:

Here you go:-
Harbin Z-9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!!!

And here are some of AW 109 Power's specification:-

Key Data:
Crew-1 or 2
Maximum Total Seats-8

Dimensions:
Overall Length with Rotor Turning-13.04m
Overall Length with Rotor Stationary-11.11m
Maximum Height-3.50m
Maximum Cabin Width-1.59m
Main Rotor Diameter-11.00m
Tail Rotor Diameter-2.00m
Cockpit and Cabin Volume-5.10m³
Baggage and Cargo Compartment Volume-0.95m³

Weights:
Maximum Gross Weight Internal Load-2,850kg
Maximum Gross Weight External Load-3,000kg
Empty Weight-1,576kg
Useful Internal Load-1,274kg
Useful External Load-1,424kg

Engines:
Type-2 x P&W PW-206C / Turbomeca Arrius 2K1
Take Off, 5 minutes-2 x 477kW / 500kW
Maximum Continuous Engine Rating-2 x 423kW / 426kW
Maximum Contingency Rating, 2.5 Minutes-546kW / 560kW
Twin Engine, Maximum Continuous Rating-671kW
Single Engine, Emergency (2.5 Min) Rating-478kW
Single Engine Maximum Continuous-417kW
Fuel Capacity-3 cells (605l), 4 cells (710l), 5 cells (870l)

Performance:
Operating Conditions- -40°C to +50°C
Never Exceed Speed-311km/h
Maximum Cruise Speed-285km/h
Rate of Climb-9.8m/s
Hovering in Ground Effect-5,060m
Hovering Out of Ground Effect-3,600m
Service Ceiling-5,970m
One Engine Inoperable Max Rate of Climb-4.6m/s
One Engine Inoperable Service Ceiling-3,990m
Maximum Range (160USgal fuel)-660km
Maximum Endurance (160USgal fuel)-3.27 hours
Maximum Range (230USgal fuel)-965km
Maximum Endurance (230USgal fuel)-5.04 hours

Featured Suppliers:

Aerolite - Interior Aeromedical Systems for Patient Transportation
Data Device Corporation - MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429 Aerospace Products
TITAL - Titanium Investment Castings, Aluminium Investment Castings, HERO Premium Casting® and Rapid Prototyping
Wheelabrator Group - Peening and Surface Engineering Solutions.

For more, please check here:-
http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/agusta/

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Really happy to see things getting pace. I hope this carries on with some more impressive purchases by the GoB. :)

Cheers!!!

I anyway have a feeling that attack helicopters would have been better.....would have been multi-role in purpose.....

Really happy to see things getting pace. I hope this carries on with some more impressive purchases by the GoB. :)

Cheers!!!

If purchase of 2 helo's is a fast pace then best of luck.

Yah, BN is already operating Z-9 Harbin Helicopters....its used by our brothers in the PN as well.....:yahoo:

Here you go:-
Harbin Z-9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!!!

The source in wiki is ***************

please come up with a solid proof. BD mainstream media must have got this.

Even the official BN website is quite about this.

Sincerely,

GB

Well, yes....there is even the slightest chances that the fighters may turn out to be F-7..... But honestly, recent activities makes me think differently.... I supposedly consider the fighters to be F-18 because of the pilot training.....MIG procurement of burmese......etc.

I mean whats the motive behind sending young pilots for F-18 training....it could not be just a "experience of a lifetime" stuff for them....that too in US.... time consuming.... expenses behind the training for whoever is paying......so these things just dont add to say that its for fun.....theres off course a reason behind it....and thats what we have to wait for and see.........thus in my view, F-18 is on line i believe......:police:

Cheers!!!

Nothing on the F-18 is proved hence don't make me start again.

Sorry for being a party spoiler since it is your country that would never allow us have such potential.

My country is not stopping BD from anything.

World class corruption in BD is not created by my country. We don't help BD for one of the most corrupted country in the world.

Don't be a cry baby an blame everything on India.

If BD has willingness nobody can stop it.

I am a bit confused here. Are we talking about F/A-18 C/D's from USN/USMC reserves or new F/A-18 E/F's for bangladesh? If its the latter, then I honestly feel that BAF should consider other cost effective options such as the su-27/30 family.

Nothing on F-18 is proved yet. Its all daydreaming.

Which version you propose on Su-27/30?

GB

If purchase of 2 helo's is a fast pace then best of luck.

The source in wiki is ***************

please come up with a solid proof. BD mainstream media must have got this.

Even the official BN website is quite about this.

Sincerely,

GB

You really do have problems with us...dont you GB??? :hitwall:

If your 'scholar' brain missed it....let me point out that i DID NOT say....buying 2 helo's is a fast pace in order to "develop our whole military".....fast pace is meant by the fact that this purchase is being done in a relatively quicker time since the announcement.....that is what i meant by "fast pace" GB....dont forget we arent India or China....or do you still need a 'SOLID PROOF' on that :disagree:

If you are not satisfied with wiki....suit yourself....still, i will try for another link and if i dont find any, i will withdraw what i said.....moreover i am quite sure, even leon said that on the basis of wiki information as even he isnt sure....till then, why dont you try answering what has been asked to you before....did BD Media report anything on C-802, BEFORE the day it was test fired??? Just to show how much our media is allowed to publish....

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Nothing on the F-18 is proved hence don't make me start again.
GB

My God, seriously i want watever you are smoking....

If you carefully notice, i used the words "Suppsedly consider"..."and thats what we have to wait for and see"...."in my view"

Did i or any other BD member anywhere on earth say we "ARE" buying F-18s....??? Please do answer this question of mine. I really want to know what makes you say that we are ASSURING the procurement....everyone here is speculating/predicting, no one confirmed the purchase....and as far as your belief is concerned about the F-18 trainings and stuffs, no one is forcing you to believe dude, its all your choice.... after all they say..."sone wale ko jagaya ja sakta hain, jagne walo ko nahi....."

Hence having said so, do you think i even give a slight damn about whether you start or not....after all thats what you have been doing throughout the thread....its like, we are doing the same thing....just that i am thinking straight....and you are taking your logic 360 degree around your brain and ending up at the same point where i am standing....:rolleyes:

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom