What's new

Defence purchase govt’s priority

Name calling does not help your cause. Those junk you mentioned in your post are pretty useless by today's standards. Buks are going to be sitting ducks for Indian Air Force.

buk has many version, so it depends on which one you are picking, like su30 and su30mki or mig29s and mig29smt are not same

anyway i am sorry if i hurt your feelings

Name calling does not help your cause. Those junk you mentioned in your post are pretty useless by today's standards. Buks are going to be sitting ducks for Indian Air Force.

Russia developed the Buk and Georgia used it against Russia and Russia failed to come up with a countermeasure to jam a missile system Russia itself developed....Buks have shot down drones,su-25s and tu-22 bombers....they are REALLY good!

i think it is not a good time for Bangladesh to go for arm race and it should focus only their economy only and after five year the priority will be Air force (Which can support both army and navy) then Navy (to hold your water route well) and then army (the most expensive unit of whole three department)

Lol, take it easy. You know it's true. It's all a political stunt to keep the naive citizens happy. If it's something we can't use to defend ourselves against India or Burma, why waste money? Makes sense?

Read:
Justifying expenditure on defence hardware, former army chief Maj Gen (retd) Mahbubur Rahman said, “Considering our geopolitical, geostrategical, geoeconomical and geographical context, the purchase was very much important to strengthen our armed forces.”

He said Bangladesh’s neighbours India, Myanmar and China have manifolded their military strength.

I don't know if it's just me, but that part just made me LOL...

Bit of a misleading statement.

Also, if we read carefully about the F-7BGI part; it doesn't mention anything about being "stopgap". That implies that term "stopgap" was merely propaganda usage.

The AL will never arm the air force with aircraft which can send cold-feet to the Indians.

Is there politics here? Most certainly.

They bought MiG-21's back in the 70's, and buying the same crap in the year 2013. But then, what do we care as to what happens with our tax money right?

Finally, the report about the government negotiating with the US about submarines is wrong. The US will never offer Bangladesh that kind of equipment. The only realistic option is China.

first tell me what do you know about Belarus defence industry ? what do they produce ?

Belarus don't manufacture any major weapon systems of their own.

Most of their current equipment are from the Soviet-era.

Back
Top Bottom