What's new

Female pilots achieved yet another landmark F.P. Report

i used to play falcon 4.0 like anything perhaps one of very few legit games i own :p , yeah i have HOTAS setup (Saitek) along with rudder padels (Thrust Master), unfortunately its gaining dust in my room :(

Tried playing online back in those days but dialup just wasn't up to the mark, never tried again :p

If they come across a foe they will engage him, without any delay. Would you consider it a combat?

that can be considered combat (since interception is part of aerial combat), but not full combat duty. full combat duty involves offensive operations as well. do female PAF pilots go on offensive combat duty like CAS, CAP, strike etc

that can be considered combat (since interception is part of aerial combat), but not full combat duty. full combat duty involves offensive operations as well. do female PAF pilots go on offensive combat duty like CAS, CAP, strike etc

SU 47: I am not sure if CAP is offensive. From my point of view.

When an aircraft poses a definite threat, the AAW coordinator must decide which defense to use. The first line of defense is the on-station combat air patrol (CAP). If the CAP is in the target area, the relative speeds of the CAP and target may indicate a possible intercept. In such cases, the coordinator may order the AAW unit’s CAP air controller (aircraft or surface ship) to vector the CAP to the target. On-station CAP aircraft orbit at a station between the inner and intermediate surface picket lines, roughly 30 miles from their controlling units. CAP can miss the target for several reasons. Patrolling aircraft may be out of position, relative speeds may work against an intercept, or poor visibility and/or radar reception may make the CAP useless. When CAP proves ineffective, the AAW coordinator may employ long-range missiles or launch additional interceptor aircraft. During CAP intercept attempts, shipboard weapons direction systems direct fire control radars aboard missile ships to the target. When a ship is ready to engage a target with missiles, it notifies the AAW coordinator and may order one or more missile launches. If more than one ship is prepared to assault a target with missiles, the AAW coordinator must decide which ship, or ships, will take part in the attack. The coordinator must consider, among other factors, which ship is in the best position for a kill and what type and number of missiles it has aboard

Yeah i appriciate the achivement of the female pilots but i hv a question
is it really an achievment?
wat i think is 'this is not about flying an aircraft, this is about combat'. and i cant believe that a female can be good fighter such as a man why bcoz she lacks agression. this is From God. what we train is not a war, and wat is a war we cannot train. see them when they will fight against the enemy.

You fly on Falcon 4.0? Do you have allied force? I do...though I don't have a HOTAS joystick system so at the moment I'm not flying.

There's dozens of US and Turkish squadrons. Unfortunately nobody in Pakistan flies online, of course because internet is so slow there.

Here is one such online squadron: Home of the 388th Virtual Fighter Wing: Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

This post might help you on the skins... :cheers:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/11515-paf-f-16-skin-falcon4-ff-af.html

:pakistan::pdf::pakistan:

wat i think is 'this is not about flying an aircraft, this is about combat'. and i cant believe that a female can be good fighter such as a man why bcoz she lacks agression. this is From God. what we train is not a war, and wat is a war we cannot train. see them when they will fight against the enemy.

Aggression then you haven't met my wife:lol: You are one of those people who think man is every thing and for justification bring God into it.
We fighter pilots didn't go out and find gladiators as wife they were simple ladies but during the war those simple lady had the courage to leave us at our house gates and she knew that he might not come back. When our bases were attacked we were in Air fighting them our wives on the other hand took care of them selves bombs fell right left and center but they had the courage to take care of them selves and sometime run towards the base with first aid and help the first injured man they saw. There were times when we came home and our spouses were not in the house instead they were attending the wounded at the base.

And please goto the intro section and introduce your self properly, before you right another thread.

I fully support your idea.

While there are always exceptions to all rules but rules are set over the general situation and not the rare cases. For those rare exceptions, special cases can be raised.

Those special cases then should not be limited to gender only. Male candidates should also be allowed to become special cases like ignoring some medical problem for his exceptional talent or skill or knowledge.
But all the speical cases should first prove that they have the necessary know-how, dedication and knowledge to become a successful fighter pilot.

Coming back to general situation, women not only lack aggression but they also lack shrewdness and mostly dont have strategic thinking.

Its not the time of doing new experiments for PAF. PAF is already a smaller force threatened/challenged by Indian AF, which is superior not only in quality but also quantity of hardware. Sometimes we say we are a poor nation, with economic problems and then we are here recruiting women while the bigger IAF has still not plans for women induction. Indian AF seems more serious in their profession.

Everyone knows that the job of GDP is not only flying/fighting. They have command and admin duties also. Now everyone knows that officers also perform night duties. These night duties include night flying and night security duty officer. Now these women are not BURDENED with night duties and their male counterparts have to suffer.

Maternity leaves are another problem. 3 months long leave and BURDEN shifts to male fellows. 3 months are leave but what about the other 6 months of pregnancy.....whats the PAF policy for a pregnant fighter pilot???? Shall she be allowed to rest for 9 months???

Even after the baby birth, if she has to do night flying, she shall have to leave her husband/children behind for the night. Imagine a small baby without mother. Shall a mama fighter pilot be allowed to stay at home at night till her baby is One year old??????

This all seems ridiculous..........a nation with meager resources is simply doing luxuries of Mughal era..........

Here I want to add yet another benefit, but I am not dead sure of it.....however I have seen a case like this myself therefore I can post it.

An advantage of the induction of lady officers is that a good number of the pilots shall be on leave any time, if the lady officers marry male colleagues of the Air Force.

I heard that If the husband of the lady officer is going to foreign for a course, his wife being an officer too, can go with him. Thus leave is also granted to the wife lady officer. She can get the leave even if her husband is in Army or Navy.

If the male pilots marry lady pilots, then what shall be the scenario......

when PAF shall send its fighter pilots abroad for courses, their wife pilots shall automatically go on leave with their husbands and Pakistanis would be left to the drones, as usual.

Its also possible that when its the turn of lady officer to go abroad for the courses, her husband would also get the leave and it would be a happy life.

Women as fighter pilots in PAF

Women in Pakistan Airforce are serving in different ground branches for long. These branches include Education, Administartion, Accounts, Legal, Met Department, Engineering & Medical (from Army on deputation) etc. Performance in these branches of Airforce of these ladies has remained first rate. Then few years back, women were also inducted in Flying. None of the first four celebrity like female pilots (courtesy immence media coverage) made it to fighter coinversion. Then within one year of induction/introduction of women in flying, one lady officer grabbed covetted Sowrd-of-Honour, in open competition, which is not understood, that how miracle has happened that training of lady cadets along with male colleagues have matured so much.. that women have outrun all male colleagues.
My opinion on that........
Now this all was done in line with pursuing the policy of Enlightened Moderation, to show to the world that women are equally empowered to men in Pakistan.
it is important to understand, what we want..
(1) We want to train good professional pilots, so that our aircarft are flown by good professional hands?

(2) We want that our aircarft are flown by good lady pilots. Irrespective that we still have vaccancies for good male pilots.

I dont think, since women are equally sharing the responsibilty in PAF ground branches well, we still need women in flying ranks.
In our society, Pakistani woemn are still struggling for their rights,as they are stiil victom of inequality. News of women burried alive are stiil fresh. By showcasing some examples of women in flying fatigues, we cannot label Pakistan as a modern day Islamic country, like Turkey.

So PAF as well as Army (there was a talk, that women pilots are being inducted in Army Aviation:cheesy:) should refrain from such stunts or 'Shubda Bazi' to induct women in active combat branches. Pakistani women deserve respect and dignity, and conducive enviroment are there in PAF ground branches, as well as Services branches of Army.

i always wish to fly high on the sky but i am happy that not i but some womens like me can do this now i would join PAF IT branch inshallah to serve my country. pakistan zinda baad.

i always wish to fly high on the sky but i am happy that not i but some womens like me can do this now i would join PAF IT branch inshallah to serve my country. pakistan zinda baad.

welcome aboard sister! well we have one more lady in defence.pk. :pakistan:
please open a intro thread in "members introduction" section.

not only you but our whole nation dream to become a fightr pilot. but prob is we have shortage of jets.i hope pakistan air force think seriusly to buy 140 million jets so every pakistani has his own:enjoy:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom