What's new

Feeling dead inside.

The bolded part is high chance of clinical depression

Recommend you see a psychiatrist soon, and in meantime engage in physical exercise as much as possible

I guess chemical depression is the same thing?

If so, anti-depressives may be temporarily indicated @Avicenna bhai? Like Xanax etc.? Of course it depends upon proper diagnosis and prescription, there are many types of anti-depressive drugs.

But like @Avicenna bhai said, burnout is high probability. Taking a sabbatical helps. Been there, done that. Gotta re-charge at some point.

In the subcontinent desis always had family members for giving each other therapy before - not so much the norm anymore.

I guess chemical depression is the same thing?

If so, anti-depressives may be temporarily indicated @Avicenna bhai? Like Xanax etc.? Of course it depends upon proper diagnosis and prescription, there are many types of anti-depressive drugs.

But like @Avicenna bhai said, burnout is high probability. Taking a sabbatical helps. Been there, done that. Gotta re-charge at some point.

In the subcontinent desis always had family members for giving each other therapy before - not so much the norm anymore.

I think he stated he is 17.

Who hasn't felt down at that age?

But I mean, as @Syama Ayas noted he may have clinical depression.

For that, he would need a proper evaluation.

Also, we don't really know what he has going on in his life.

One problem is, and I could be wrong, South Asia probably doesn't give appropriate importance to mental health.

So help in that respect, may be suboptimal as compared to if he were in South Africa or the "West"

But even so, physical activity helps at least somewhat.

Last edited:
Care to share what exactly happened last year which caused all this?
If it's related to someone you loved very much then temporarily join me in the mehfil ,it will help you definitely 😉
View attachment 785135View attachment 785136
@Imran Khan you too can join
My mother forced me to change my school plus corona.
I think he stated he is 17.

Who hasn't felt down at that age?

But I mean, as @Syama Ayas noted he may have clinical depression.

For that, he would need a proper evaluation.

Also, we don't really know what he has going on in his life.

One problem is, and I could be wrong, South Asia probably doesn't give appropriate importance to mental health.

So help in that respect, may be suboptimal as compared to if he were in South Africa or the "West"

But even so, physical activity helps at least somewhat.
I am in Pakistan not in South Africa.

Care to share what exactly happened last year which caused all this?
If it's related to someone you loved very much then temporarily join me in the mehfil ,it will help you definitely 😉
View attachment 785135View attachment 785136
@Imran Khan you too can join
@Sifar zero after couple of these mehfils-

FYI you know these audience members were very drunk his qawallis were famous for him and his fans bringing huge amounts of liquor and passing it around during these qawalli sessions - logic was as the evening goes on they'll like the music more

He is 17........
alright kiddo - you should wait than

Last edited:
Thing is I am not weak but I have remained strong for too long.

Last edited:
Thing is I am not weak but I have remained strong for too long.

Get into lifting weights my friend.

Trust me.

Also, visualize a good life in 5 years.

And work towards it.

Goals!

You will be fine inshAllah.

Hey fellow PDF members.
I want to share something with you guys that is troubling me since the last year.
I used to be a happy and hardworking student until last year I have been feeling depressed and down almost every second.
I have no hope in life and I have lost my appetite as well.
Only Allah knows how much I gave suffered in the past year I have lived with Sabr but I cant anymore. My grades have taken a deep dive and I have barely passed in most of my exams. I dont know how much I can take up with this.
Today I am a shadow of my former self being only a miserable man with no aspirations in life.
Watch videos of UG krishnamurthy and read his book ' Thought is your enemy'( he didnt write the book..his followers did by compiling his conversations).
I guarantee you, you will be a changed man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom