What's new

Feeling dead inside.

I don't know how old you are , but if you are a teen, this may be hormonal disorder. Many teens suffer this as part of growing up.
Should go away once you cross 21.
It may be a good idea to get some blood tests done, focused on hormonal disorders.
@Slav Defence

Hey bro.

I agree with @Syama Ayas

It does seem that you may have clinical depression given you are taking that med along with the lack of appetite.

Maintain your physical activity.

Take up lifting weights.

Seriously, the endorphin rush will lift your mood.

Also, seek mental health professional help.

Depression is real and you can be helped.

Here in the US, you'd be surprised at the numbers of people with anxiety/depression.

It's common and you would probably benefit from professional help.

I take it you are from South Africa so things may be better for you there as opposed to someone from the homeland.
I am in Pakistan.
I don't know how old you are , but if you are a teen, this may be hormonal disorder. Many teens suffer this as part of growing up.
Should go away once you cross 21.
It may be a good idea to get some blood tests done, focused on hormonal disorders.
@Slav Defence
I feel lonely I guess.

Hey fellow PDF members.
I want to share something with you guys that is troubling me since the last year.
I used to be a happy and hardworking student until last year I have been feeling depressed and down almost every second.
I have no hope in life and I have lost my appetite as well.
Only Allah knows how much I gave suffered in the past year I have lived with Sabr but I cant anymore. My grades have taken a deep dive and I have barely passed in most of my exams. I dont know how much I can take up with this.
Today I am a shadow of my former self being only a miserable man with no aspirations in life.

PM if you can. It's not a thing to be taken lightly. It's not a lack of "faith" issue as some think that you should do more namaz. That is also important. But often it's more biological than its spiritual. Depression is a medical issue. And just like you cannot fight a medical sickness with namaz only.... It needs medical intervention.

My recommendation is to seek a professional (even an online session) that gets to the root cause of your depression, I would avoid too many medical drugs but counseling for sure. Then just unplug for while. If you can travel to to another place, where you are away from everything and everyone you know. So you can find some rebalance in life and reorientation. Make sure you do this after your counseling so you do not do more self harm in your mediation.

Just my honest advice. ..

Hey fellow PDF members.
I want to share something with you guys that is troubling me since the last year.
I used to be a happy and hardworking student until last year I have been feeling depressed and down almost every second.
Only Allah knows how much I gave suffered in the past year I have lived with Sabr but I cant anymore. My grades have taken a deep dive and I have barely passed in most of my exams. I dont know how much I can take up with this.
Today I am a shadow of my former self being only a miserable man with no aspirations in life.
I also have seriously low days. Not married so feel lonely and fear of ending up lonely scares the crap out of me. So try to be regular in your Salah and also read Quran with translation plus take help from a doctor. Don't shy from going to a Doctor. May ALLAH heal you and help you and make you stronger and get you out of this. Ameen.

Don't worry just do not overthink everything it's simple, spend more time around family and loved ones, which should help lift your mood or enjoy outdoor activities with friends. This too shall pass, at the end of the day your health is more important than stupid grades, enjoy life while it lasts. I have been through worse yet still standing, however, my story is not related to grades but ill leave it at that, just enjoy yourself pal life is too short for worrying especially about grades.
Hey fellow PDF members.

Hey fellow PDF members.
thats anxiety/depression. in todays materialistic world almost everyone is suffering from it. indulge urself in extra curricular activities. Offer Namaz. Read books or play some outdoor sport.

Hey fellow PDF members.

Just hormones.

You need to relax and stop thinking about your future. What is written in Qismat will happen and you can't change it. Stop trying to control your future.

Prayers and Holy Quran will help tremendously but read it with translation and tafsir.

If you feel lonely, spend some time with your family. Or friends. Or play some online games and make friends there.

At this age, we tend to overthink.

Hey fellow PDF members.
Has something bad happened in your personal life? What is making you unhappy?

Hey fellow PDF members.
There may be some reasons.
Either you are bullied?
Either you are doing what you have no interest?
You are doing (studying) something against your will?
Situation of your house hold (sudden changes or economic difficulties)?
Etc these all things can effect a person.
Brain is complicated thing. There are things that we think don't bother us but they do consciously or subconsciously.
Elimate the reasons.
Do lots of physical exercises.
And stay away from the things that bother you. There are things in your life that may have effected you but you don't know. You need to identify them and make peace with them..
Feeling and emotions makes you alive, yes. Buy too much of them is a curse too. Sometimes I think those without them are so lucky. This world is not for sensitive people.
I have suffered a very long term depression myself. Telling you from my own experiance. Dont push people away. Do lot of physical exercise.
Pray to Allah. Have faith.
And elminiate the things that are bothering you from you life.
Dont think about the consequences. If you don't like the subjects, leave them midway. No matter whatever good collage you go or what would you do later.
It is better to waste an year or 2 then be sad all life.

Hey fellow PDF members.

Bro are you being forced into adopting a life style which is defying Fitrah ?

Bro are you being forced into adopting a life style which is defying Fitrah ?
Sorry wdym?
There may be some reasons.
Either you are bullied?
Either you are doing what you have no interest?
You are doing (studying) something against your will?
Situation of your house hold (sudden changes or economic difficulties)?
Etc these all things can effect a person.
Brain is complicated thing. There are things that we think don't bother us but they do consciously or subconsciously.
Elimate the reasons.
Do lots of physical exercises.
And stay away from the things that bother you. There are things in your life that may have effected you but you don't know. You need to identify them and make peace with them..
Feeling and emotions makes you alive, yes. Buy too much of them is a curse too. Sometimes I think those without them are so lucky. This world is not for sensitive people.
I have suffered a very long term depression myself. Telling you from my own experiance. Dont push people away. Do lot of physical exercise.
Pray to Allah. Have faith.
And elminiate the things that are bothering you from you life.
Dont think about the consequences. If you don't like the subjects, leave them midway. No matter whatever good collage you go or what would you do later.
It is better to waste an year or 2 then be sad all life.
Bro I think you misunderstood.
I have no problem with studying I just feel lonely and alone.
I keep up making scenarios in my mind to keep myself sane.

Last edited:
A lot has happened in my life since corona.
well bro if your not comfortable sharing that here, you should talk to a mental health professional. It sounds like you are depressed. You need to be able to deal with the stuff affecting you.

Understand that grades do NOT define you. Some of the best innovations have come from people who were earlier considered failures or who dropped out of college. Don't be so hard on yourself. Relax. Take a semester off if you can. Recalibrate.

Talk to someone who will listen, even if it's a friend. Watch comedies, not sad stuff. Listen to uplifting music, not depressing, slow songs. Go for runs, work out, hike.

@Sifar zero, I second that.

Other than that, adopt two baby cats ( they need to have each other for comfort ) and make them a comfortable and secure shelter on your terrace. An cleaned oil drum covered by a reasonably-high plastic dome that is closed on three sides and the open side being covered by a metal grill with multiple spaces for the cats to enter and exit. And some flower pots in front of the grill to allow the cats to rush inside if attacked by crows and other birds. Feed them with chichade once a day and other foods the other two times if they want to. When you spend time with them as much as possible, giving them utmost love and protection like you would do for your children, their nature and affection will calm you down.

And read sci-fi books like from Ben Bova, Frank Herbert ( the Dune series ) etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom