What's new

Feeling dead inside.

Hey fellow PDF members.
I want to share something with you guys that is troubling me since the last year.
I used to be a happy and hardworking student until last year I have been feeling depressed and down almost every second.
I have no hope in life and I have lost my appetite as well.
Only Allah knows how much I gave suffered in the past year I have lived with Sabr but I cant anymore. My grades have taken a deep dive and I have barely passed in most of my exams. I dont know how much I can take up with this.
Today I am a shadow of my former self being only a miserable man with no aspirations in life.
see a psychologist nothing wrong in that , just like other organs brain can also malfunction a times get professional help

Hey fellow PDF members.
I want to share something with you guys that is troubling me since the last year.
I used to be a happy and hardworking student until last year I have been feeling depressed and down almost every second.
Only Allah knows how much I gave suffered in the past year I have lived with Sabr but I cant anymore. My grades have taken a deep dive and I have barely passed in most of my exams. I dont know how much I can take up with this.
Today I am a shadow of my former self being only a miserable man with no aspirations in life.
When you enjoy too much but nothing left to enjoy more it's time to return to your creator.
Go with tablighi jamaat for 40 days you never ever depressed in your life again.

Hey fellow PDF members.
Love hurt?

I feel the same way sometimes and just hide in the bathroom for an hour from my wife and kids xD

sorry , just trying to cheer you up

i read through what others have said and most of it is very true and helpful so i will not add on it

take care

Hey fellow PDF members.
Uninstall all social media apps from your phone.

Enjoy the outdoors, go for a trip for at least a week. Sit beside a river for a day, let the noise of the rushing water massage your brain. Join a boxing club, the adrenaline rush will fix you up in no time. Same for any other contact sport.

Our bodies are not made for cubicles or for staying put in one place. Humans have evolved as hunter gatherers; and our fight and flight mechanism is exceptional. What happens when it doesn't get triggered often? Depression. The brain doesn't know what to do anymore.

Hey fellow PDF members.

ye mulak ki dastaan ha ya apki apni?

@Sifar zero, I second that.

Other than that, adopt two baby cats ( they need to have each other for comfort ) and make them a comfortable and secure shelter on your terrace. An cleaned oil drum covered by a reasonably-high plastic dome that is closed on three sides and the open side being covered by a metal grill with multiple spaces for the cats to enter and exit. And some flower pots in front of the grill to allow the cats to rush inside if attacked by crows and other birds. Feed them with chichade once a day and other foods the other two times if they want to. When you spend time with them as much as possible, giving them utmost love and protection like you would do for your children, their nature and affection will calm you down.

And read sci-fi books like from Ben Bova, Frank Herbert ( the Dune series ) etc.

10000% agreed. Excellent point.

@Sifar zero
Brother what are you studying?
Anyway, I am 37. Did BSc at 24. Did MS in 4 years, and got fully funded PhD at 33 after marriage. Anyway, consistency is more important. For job, you need just one skill. My CGPA in BSC was 2.79. My frnd CGPA was 2.86 something. He is Asst Prof now. My teacher GPA was 2.5 from GIKI. He did extremely well in Master and PhD in Italy.
A year loss, low grades doesn't matter anyway. your hard work, consistency and skills matters. Just be expert in one thing.
When you enjoy too much but nothing left to enjoy more it's time to return to your creator.
Go with tablighi jamaat for 40 days you never ever depressed in your life again.
Straight 40 days!!!! Man you are demanding.
Love hurt?
Nope. depression he says.. low grades, some meds and feels lonely.

Namaz plus watching stand up comics helped me along with regular talks with a doc ... George Carlin, Jimmy Carr should keep you amused for days if not hours, all the best to come out of this

Hey fellow PDF members.
Are you experiencing this since lockdown times?

Love hurt?
No.
Are you experiencing this since lockdown times?
Yes.
@Sifar zero
Brother what are you studying?
Anyway, I am 37. Did BSc at 24. Did MS in 4 years, and got fully funded PhD at 33 after marriage. Anyway, consistency is more important. For job, you need just one skill. My CGPA in BSC was 2.79. My frnd CGPA was 2.86 something. He is Asst Prof now. My teacher GPA was 2.5 from GIKI. He did extremely well in Master and PhD in Italy.
A year loss, low grades doesn't matter anyway. your hard work, consistency and skills matters. Just be expert in one thing.

Straight 40 days!!!! Man you are demanding.

Nope. depression he says.. low grades, some meds and feels lonely.
I am studying A levels.
Grades are not what depress but other things I feel lonely and have severe mood swings as well.

I am in Pakistan.

I feel lonely I guess.
OK, at 17 yo hormonal disorders are quite common. Get hormones checked, and I don't know how that can be done.
The one easy thing that can be done is to start with a blood test for Vitamin D.
If you are a night owl and don't see much daylight, chances are that in addition to hormonal disorders, you also have an acute Vitamin D deficiency. That causes swear depression.
That will be a good start. It's just a blood test.

Salaam sifar,

I felt the same as you at your age. Felt depressed all the time, didnt want to go out and what not. Sucks. Its just a thing some people go through during their teens for some reason. We get the big sad.

For me, my escape from it was playing games. Games such as say war thunder, team fortress 2 etc. Games that you are good at and know you will have fun in. Games that satisfy when you win or dp something like killing someone in MP. Doom 2016 and Doom eternal are also very good ways to raise your serotonin levels. A very very very effective way..... I spend too much time on that game. But if i was you i would do something similar to playing games. Go out for walks if thats your thing. Play sports, watch movies etc. You do you.

But remember. The most important part is to pray to Allah regarding this. I did it, and now im semi upset instead of being fully upset :D

You will be fine. Be strong o7

Back
Top Bottom