What's new

Federalism ‘may be’ on 2023 agenda: Turkish PM

Surenas

Reaction score
Recalling that the Ottoman Empire was a state founded on a federal system, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan suggested that implementation of a federal system might come onto the agenda as of 2023, the centennial anniversary of the foundation of the Republic of Turkey.

Erdoğan said the opposition had suggested at the time that the law would turn Turkey’s governing system into a federal one. “They are criticizing without having knowledge, there is no federal system being brought. However, strong states would not be afraid of this anyway. The Ottomans had a federal system as a strong state. If I’m in power in 2023, this system may be discussed,” Erdoğan was quoted by party sources as saying.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/fe...3-agenda-turkish-pm.aspx?pageID=238&nid=43796

Long live Erdogan the Great!

This is very, very bad

It may not take that long
In what way would it be bad? I haven't been following this issue and don't really have an opinion about it. But politicians need to discuss this in a proper way. If it is beneficial for us, than why not you know.

I know the reason Erdogan wants a change is because he doesn't want bottlenecks in politics. I remember hearing an AKP politician saying that Turkey fared the worst during coalition governments, and because of this reason they were interested in a change in the system. Personally I understand the reason for wanting the change. Which system is the best for Turkey? I don't know.

What @Surenas posted is just a doom & gloom piece. It's not the first, it most definitely won't be the last we will hear and read stuff about this (especially in Turkey). Stuff like, 'Turkey will be split' and 'supreme athority in one man's hands, dictatorship, padishah etc.' are all just scare tactics and propaganda to scare people.

At the end of the day, we got to look at what's gonna change, and what it is going to change into. Look at the examples, and base our opinions according to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the best way of running a country with the "state president system" is bringing the federalism. Too bad :hitwall:

You know something i dont know?
If you are refering to the upcoming election,they will win again i think.
All i know is that we're up against devious SOBs and they will manipulate the public into thinking that this is a good idea.
In what way would it be bad? I haven't been following this issue and don't really have an opinion about it. But politicians need to discuss this in a proper way. If it is beneficial for us, than why not you know.
How can disintegration be good? Of fvcking course it's bad. Since when we are a multinational empire? He wants to divide Turkey in fvck knows how many pieces and as a Turk I can't accept this lunacy.
federal-turkiye-cumhuriyeti-0610101200_m.jpg

FEDERAL TÜRK?YE CUMHUR?YET?

I see SEVR all over again!

Beyler, bütün federal devletlerde eyaletlerde özerklik ilan etme şansı vardır, tabii bunun için başkanlık sistemi gerekir. Yani bildiğiniz bu sistem gelecek, federalizmle birlikte doğuda bir kısım özerklik ilan edecek kürt devleti kurulacak, ve SONUNDA ATALARIMIZIN BIZE BIRAKTIGI BU GÜZEL ÜLKEYI BÖLECEKLER.

we should hang this erdogan like old times Menderis.

no i dont but if this peace of **** wants to destroy the unified country Turkiye then we should act like the old times.

The article doesn't say much beside that the Ottomans had it too. Does anyone know what Erdogans reasons are?

The article doesn't say much beside that the Ottomans had it too. Does anyone know what Erdogans reasons are?
All i know is that federalism will lead to the devide of my country.

Back
Top Bottom