What's new

Favourite Dog Breed

The Sarail Hound:

sarail4.jpg

sarail2.jpg

This dog has a unique combination of strength and speed. Great for dog races :D

Has a life-span of 8-14 Years, and apparently a top speed of 55 km/h.

“There are not many breeds matching the speed and strength of the Sarail Hound”
-General M.A.G Osmany (1981)

The Sarail Hound:

This dog has a unique combination of strength and speed. Great for dog races :D

Has a life-span of 8-14 Years, and apparently a top speed of 55 km/h.

“There are not many breeds matching the speed and strength of the Sarail Hound”
-General M.A.G Osmany (1981)

We have something similar in india . Caravan hounds/rampuri hounds/mudhol hounds and pashmi .

cash...JPG

2795268105_07153e4c3e_z.jpg

Alabai .

Central asian wolf hunting breed . Was used to create russian ovtcharka

CentralAsianOvtcharkaTurkmenAlabaiDagar2.JPG

Centralasianovcharka.jpg

turkmen_alabai.jpg

Bakarwali breed... it only found in hilly areas...its a very dangerous dog...its a say that 2 bakarwali dog can fight a tiger,,
bakarwal8.jpg

South Russian Ovtcharka

South-Russian-Ovcharka-Alex-Snow-Rose.jpg

IMGP1644.JPG

Don't go by their cute appearance . They are devilish and can give rottweiler run for money if they get mad .

Bakarwali breed... it only found in hilly areas...its a very dangerous dog...its a say that 2 bakarwali dog can fight a tiger,,

Its a Medium height very aggressive dog used by Bhakarwalis and is genreally found in Kashmir and Himachal .

All Sheepherd dogs are very aggressive except Brits .

They bred out aggressive Behavior and got intelligence as a byproduct i guess :rofl:

Although Border Collie doesn't have to face wolf like north indian , caucasian , russian , balkan or east european breeds .

And Any of the above mentioned sheepherds can nail bhakarwal as breeding of bharwals has not been as proper and correct as above mentioned sheepherds

Black Russian Terrier

BlackRussianTerrierBojaiCrookBoris3.jpg

220px-Czarny_terier_rosyjski_64.jpg

Maylish_37p.jpg

They were bred as military dogs so don't do by their cute appearance

I had caravani dog during my childhood. It is very powerful runner and very faithful dog.

Very True . They are characteristic of greyhounds . Sad they are ignored for foreign breeds . we have lost many Indian dog breeds specially in south India and many other are on verge of extinction.

Had a Dalmatian for four months when i was a kid , presented by vet doctor to my dad .

Then my father gave him up to our neighbor for free since my sister was too scared of dogs and that was her matric exam year.:cry:

My one of the favorite Sheepherd is Maremma Sheepdop A.K.A. Italian Cane da pastore Maremmano-Abruzzese, .

These dog right from the age of 6 to 8 weeks live amongst sheeps , cattles and such and consider them their family . And they move with them sleep with them and even protect them from foxes , wolves and such .

This trait is extremely rare in Shepherds . Normally shepherds Protect their territory whereas Maremma's protect their families :) .

ettore_sheepdog_10.jpg_w450.jpg

20090319223948_231008_1.jpg

maremma-dogs-large.jpg

_59724244_img_3550.jpg

chicksapril18043.jpg

Mama sheep trusting her foal to a dog
20090319223948_231130_2.jpg

And when the threat comes they corner the sheep and stand between threat and sheeps

maremma.jpg

Dutch Sheepdog

The Dutch Shepherd Dog is a breed of dog. The breed is an old herding breed of Dutch origin. In the old days shepherds and farmers needed a versatile dog, a jack-of-all-trades, with few demands and adapted to the harsh and meager existence of that time.

Dutch%20Shepherd-watermarked-1248017586.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

Dutch-Shepherd-Dog-Puppies-4.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom