What's new

FAQs on India's Massive 34% Hike in Military Spending

Ok before i proceed, i would like to tell you that from you posts i see that you are in the habit of extrapolating too much and generalizing issues to such an extent that sometimes you include the entire nation or a religion into it.
The last six decades we also seens India devaloping ,many middle class men like me has better future and poverty is reducing since independence..Dont act like you guys are saints..more agreession is coming from your side too...
We are not saints. We mau be as bad as you are. There is nothing much of a comparisions in this thread, and it is this that many india memebrs on this thread have failed to understand. This not a thread where we would like to compare inda and Pakistan's military budget, instead we are interested in discussing why one of the highest military spender and a golbal super power dreamer cant feed its people.

No doubt india has come a long way, so did we. Oopps, i compared again. Anywaz, yes indeed india has achieved alot, find its place in BRIC, ruling the world of IT etc etc, but then again the question remains that despite of all these gains, how exactly the poor of india benefited?

That my friend, is the question of the day!

Who is worried about the existance..we are here and will be here..hope you are not one of the followers of those who want to do peshap in ganges..
Well, when huge countries like india talk like a cry baby and fear from a country not even half of its size and whom it threatened to break in halves, that my friend is getting 'worried'.

And oh yes, nah nah...i am not one of them who would like to pollute a water source and that to the one which is already quite polluted.

My moto is; live and let live, and that's been the crux of my discussion here. Stop fingering everybody around you!

Its not about fear mongering..its about be prepared..we dont want to be caught offguard..If you are not feared about us then why you are buying and devaloping weapons??
Well that's what i am trying to say here. india has all the right to be prepared, but against the real, actual and existent threats, NOT against unknown, self-created and self-propagated fears!

Once..how many time we offered you hand of peace and how many times you backstabbed us be it Parliment attack,kargil war mumbai attacks..peace process with you always costs us inncocent civilians.I wanted peace but i am sure this time the same thing also going to happen..because your leaders dont want peace they need some one to make your people hate and divert their your anger against them...And about the upper hand in Afgan good luck with it :angel:
:lol:

You need to check the indo-Pak history one more time. It always has been india that backed out from dialogues, not Pakistan.

You need to understand that Pakistan is a poor country, as you are and has its owb internal and external problems bug enough to engulf it. We would be fools if we would finger someone 'great' as india and create more problems for ourselves. We want to have a peaceful coexistence and that can only come if india starts minding its own business which entail lesser military spending and more feeding the poor.

BTW, you still need to prove alot about the parliment and the mumbai. We feel sorry for the deaths and we condemn such acts, as no one can understand them better as we ourselves have been victim to these horrific acts. try to understand this and thinsg would be clearer.
Nudge?you nudge cost us 100's of solidiers whos widows and children still missing their husbands and father...i am not talking about the efficency of Indian military..we shown our efficency good enough against you..i am poiniting out the so called sincerity of your leaders towards peace process..I am sure that the coming peace process is also the repetition of all that..Your leaders only good at talking peace in media and masses in true they dont want peace at all..
Pot calling the kettle black.

as i said, you need to go through the indo-pal relations once again. Rigid stands on Siachen, Kashmir etc, backing out from dialogues at will and creating false reasons to eat us out is what india has mastered over time, not Pakistan.

See the same thing happening to Pakistan just now..now your country is realising not to play with fire...Unfortunately our country loss a great leader and your country is loosing innocent civilians..but i dont think you will never learn..Still JuD is a charitable organisation for you ..:disagree:
Yes we did.

But we did 'create' taliban by ourselves. That was what the world desired and we just helped. You need to understand that. We didnt create the monster to subdue a country as opposed to what india did when it trained LTTE so that she can pressurize a sovereign state. Seriously, india has to stop thinking on these lines only then it can concentrate more on their 'actual' enemies and fears and in turn can feed its poor.

Dont be in a fools paradise..US is not going to withdraw from Afgan anytime soon..They know the serious out come of it..If no one is buying it then why they allow us to work over there...Karzai will always prefer India over Pakistan and that make your country piss faced all the time..and last time i checked lakhvi and others are under trial regarding Mumbai attack
Ofocourse the US is not going to withdraw 'anytime soon', but guess what, it surely will in the times to come. 2011 is the start date. We know karzai will always like to sit in the indian laps, we dont mind that until this intercourse doesnt yield bast**ds who would threat us.

BTW, why wouldnt karzai like to be helped by Pakistan? A neighboring country whom the world recognize (as it did in that NATO conference) to be the best placed and sourced to help rebuilt Afg? It's sheer common sense, nothing else.

We damn care who rules Afg. Gen Kiyani has put this beautifully:Pakistan means by this is not any greed for Afghan territory, but an abiding interest in "a peaceful, stable and friendly Afghanistan". Nothing less, nothing more; Pakistan has strategic interests in a peaceful and stable Afghanistan, irrespective of who rules it.

This is on record now, if we, as you all have been claiming, play nasty, the West can always snub us!

So its nothing but scaremongering on india's part.

Last edited:
Yes, we know that. If you subtract the US funding, Pakistan can be ousted from top 50 too

Pakistani economy is at number 43 and India is at 12( as per 2009 List by the CIA World Factbook)

India have money to spend on their defense needs and they are spending. If Pakistan also have money, India cannot stop him from spending it. India can just cry for foul if Pakistan increase their defense budget.

You forgot to mention that our economy is 10 times larger than yours. By that regard the US should spend only 8 billion on its military same with China.

India is bigger country than pakistan interms of almost everything.... so the spending will be big. The real consideration will be with the % spending....
^^ Looks like it was right on target.

Anywaz, those comparing india with the US must be knowing that in America 46 percent of children under the age of three are NOT undernourished (which indeed is just a 'lil better than Sub-Saharan Africa where about 35 percent of children are malnourished). :tdown:

^^ Looks like it was right on target.

Anywaz, those comparing india with the US must be knowing that in America 46 percent of children under the age of three are NOT undernourished (which indeed is just a 'lil better than Sub-Saharan Africa where about 35 percent of children are malnourished).
By xeric : Looks like it was right on target.

Same feelings here :wave:

Last edited:
Ok before i proceed, i would like to tell you that from you posts i see that you are in the habit of extrapolating too much and generalizing issues to such an extent that sometimes you include the entire nation or a religion into it..

I want to make myself clear..i never wanted to insult your country nor wanted to insult any religion..but i dont want accept some guys twisting the religion to suit his points..And if i offened you some way then i apologise for it ..
We are not saints. We mau be as bad as you are. There is nothing much of a comparisions in this thread, and it is this that many india memebrs on this thread have failed to understand. This not a thread where we would like to compare inda and Pakistan's military budget, instead we are interested in discussing why one of the highest military spender and a golbal super power dreamer cant feed its people.

ok i will try to keep it only to India ...

No doubt india has come a long way, so did we. Oopps, i compared again. Anywaz, yes indeed india has achieved alot, find its place in BRIC, ruling the world of IT etc etc, but then again the question remains that despite of all these gains, how exactly the poor of india benefited?
That my friend, is the question of the day!

Thats what i am saying sir..let me tell about my personal experience.I mentioned it some other thread too.My dad has to be in Saudi for most of his life time to support his family and for the marriage of my sisters..As growing up i only have two choices either get a govt job or go to middle east to get what ever job they offer..BUt thanks to IT and other devalopments in Indian i dont even had to go out side my state..I had a wonderful job so that i can send some money to take care of my parents and live my nonsense life..this kind of stories can be hear frm many people like me in my country ..how their lives changed due to some measures taken by our government..And as for those poor people certain steps also taken by the governent ensure job for them ..google it and you can find it..due to enormous population the governemt failed to bring growth to the remote areas..but thanks to naxalism govt is forced to look in to this areas to eliminate naxalism.

Well, when huge countries like india talk like a cry baby and fear from a country not even half of its size and whom it threatened to break in halves, that my friend is getting 'worried'.

And oh yes, nah nah...i am not one of them who would like to pollute a water source and that to the one which is already quite polluted.

My moto is; live and let live, and that's been the crux of my discussion here. Stop fingering everybody around you!

Come on xeric ..even if India is a big country we are also humans..we are also having emotions and we dont like our country to be attacked bt what ever non state actors..its our frnds,our relatives ,our civilians who will die by some actions done by your non state actors and taking some action against them is too much to ask from your country if you wish to have peace with us??

Well that's what i am trying to say here. india has all the right to be prepared, but against the real, actual and existent threats, NOT against unknown, self-created and self-propagated fears!

yes there is a self created fear is enjoying our hospitality here ..his name is Ajmal Kasab and he is from you know where.. so cut those bullshits

You need to check the indo-Pak history one more time. It always has been india that backed out from dialogues, not Pakistan.

You need to understand that Pakistan is a poor country, as you are and has its owb internal and external problems bug enough to engulf it. We would be fools if we would finger someone 'great' as india and create more problems for ourselves. We want to have a peaceful coexistence and that can only come if india starts minding its own business which entail lesser military spending and more feeding the poor.

BTW, you still need to prove alot about the parliment and the mumbai. We feel sorry for the deaths and we condemn such acts, as no one can understand them better as we ourselves have been victim to these horrific acts. try to understand this and thinsg would be clearer.

What were the reasons for India to backing off mate??

Lahore meet result Kargil attack

Agra summit result Parliament attack

Last summit resuly mumbai attack

Do you really expect our leaders to be have a smiling photo session while our brothers are dying out there??dont talk about history of our peace process mate ..its like digging your own grave yard

yes we both have lot of poor ..i also more concrend about daily food than new shiny weapons bought by my country but your country is showing fingures to us mate like members like sayeed and lakhvi to have a mass fund raiser in your country to have jihad against my country,..if you genuinely want peace try to control them..

There is nothing to prove my mate..everything is clear..your establishment knows it and thats why they taken action against Lakhvi and others..hope its a good step from ur side..

Pot calling the kettle black.

as i said, you need to go through the indo-pal relations once again. Rigid stands on Siachen, Kashmir etc, backing out from dialogues at will and creating false reasons to eat us out is what india has mastered over time, not Pakistan.

last time checked deaths of our soldiers and civilians are not a false reason to back out from a dialogue ..Whats the purpose of peace if our civilians are getting killed anyway ...
Yes we did.

But we did 'create' taliban by ourselves. That was what the world desired and we just helped. You need to understand that. We didnt create the monster to subdue a country as opposed to what india did when it trained LTTE so that she can pressurize a sovereign state. Seriously, india has to stop thinking on these lines only then it can concentrate more on their 'actual' enemies and fears and in turn can feed its poor.

What about LeT,JuD..is this organisations created by aliens??

Ofocourse the US is not going to withdraw 'anytime soon', but guess what, it surely will in the times to come. 2011 is the start date. We know karzai will always like to sit in the indian laps, we dont mind that until this intercourse doesnt yield bast**ds who would threat us.

BTW, why wouldnt karzai like to be helped by Pakistan? A neighboring country whom the world recognize (as it did in that NATO conference) to be the best placed and sourced to help rebuilt Afg? It's sheer common sense, nothing else.

We damn care who rules Afg. Gen Kiyani has put this beautifully:Pakistan means by this is not any greed for Afghan territory, but an abiding interest in "a peaceful, stable and friendly Afghanistan". Nothing less, nothing more; Pakistan has strategic interests in a peaceful and stable Afghanistan, irrespective of who rules it.

This is on record now, if we, as you all have been claiming, play nasty, the West can always snub us!

So its nothing but scaremongering on india's part.

lets forget afaghn we can discuss it in another thread ..shall we? lets talk about India and its military and poor

I want to make myself clear..i never wanted to insult your country nor wanted to insult any religion..but i dont want accept some guys twisting the religion to suit his points..And if i offened you some way then i apologise for it ..

ok i will try to keep it only to India ...

Thats what i am saying sir..let me tell about my personal experience.I mentioned it some other thread too.My dad has to be in Saudi for most of his life time to support his family and for the marriage of my sisters..As growing up i only have two choices either get a govt job or go to middle east to get what ever job they offer..BUt thanks to IT and other devalopments in Indian i dont even had to go out side my state..I had a wonderful job so that i can send some money to take care of my parents and live my nonsense life..this kind of stories can be hear frm many people like me in my country ..how their lives changed due to some measures taken by our government..And as for those poor people certain steps also taken by the governent ensure job for them ..google it and you can find it..due to enormous population the governemt failed to bring growth to the remote areas..but thanks to naxalism govt is forced to look in to this areas to eliminate naxalism.

Come on xeric ..even if India is a big country we are also humans..we are also having emotions and we dont like our country to be attacked bt what ever non state actors..its our frnds,our relatives ,our civilians who will die by some actions done by your non state actors and taking some action against them is too much to ask from your country if you wish to have peace with us??

yes there is a self created fear is enjoying our hospitality here ..his name is Ajmal Kasab and he is from you know where.. so cut those bullshits

What were the reasons for India to backing off mate??

Lahore meet result Kargil attack

Agra summit result Parliament attack

Last summit resuly mumbai attack

Do you really expect our leaders to be have a smiling photo session while our brothers are dying out there??dont talk about history of our peace process mate ..its like digging your own grave yard

yes we both have lot of poor ..i also more concrend about daily food than new shiny weapons bought by my country but your country is showing fingures to us mate like members like sayeed and lakhvi to have a mass fund raiser in your country to have jihad against my country,..if you genuinely want peace try to control them..

There is nothing to prove my mate..everything is clear..your establishment knows it and thats why they taken action against Lakhvi and others..hope its a good step from ur side..

last time checked deaths of our soldiers and civilians are not a false reason to back out from a dialogue ..Whats the purpose of peace if our civilians are getting killed anyway ...

What about LeT,JuD..is this organisations created by aliens??

lets forget afaghn we can discuss it in another thread ..shall we? lets talk about India and its military and poor

Before we say anything else, you must understand one thing very clearly. What country would that be who being unable to provide safe drinking water to its people would like to get into an arms race? Which country would like to 'bleed' its neighbor that is bigger, stronger and wealthier but forget to see towards its own plight? What could Pakistan have exactly gained from the Parliment, mumbai etc, except that we had to en-mass troops on border to strain our already weak economy, except to get ourselves declared as a terror sponsor, except to give an excuse to the world that we have no control over fanatics? Why would we do that? Instead shouldnt we like to live peacefully and prosper?

But what if we look towards india, who have always liked to throw its influence on the entire region so that it can have a reason to expand and take the crown of a regional super power. To wield influence one got to have stronger military, and to have stronger military one needs to have more money, and to divert more money, one needs to have a reason-a reason. i'll not say more as i dont want to screw the already derailed thread.

Simply, i dont understand the reason why would india compete with China? Why cant it just live? Well the border issues, why it is only india that have border issues all along its history? You and i know exactly that all of india's neighbors have issues and problems with you. So is there a problem in all of them or is it only india that has the problem? It's not that hard to figure that out. So my dear, it is this fact that bothers all of us, because it is detrimental to the regional peace and had been and would in future lead into arms races, rivalry, proxy wars, military stand offs and ultimately war!

This, my friend, has to stop, else we give a damn about what india spends or burns.

Before we say anything else, you must understand one thing very clearly. What country would that be who being unable to provide safe drinking water to its people would like to get into an arms race? Which country would like to 'bleed' its neighbor that is bigger, stronger and wealthier but forget to see towards its own plight? What could Pakistan have exactly gained from the Parliment, mumbai etc, except that we had to en-mass troops on border to strain our already weak economy, except to get ourselves declared as a terror sponsor, except to give an excuse to the world that we have no control over fanatics? Why would we do that? Instead shouldnt we like to live peacefully and prosper?

But what if we look towards india, who have always liked to throw its influence on the entire region so that it can have a reason to expand and take the crown of a regional super power. To wield influence one got to have stronger military, and to have stronger military one needs to have more money, and to divert more money, one needs to have a reason-a reason. i'll not say more as i dont want to screw the already derailed thread.

Simply, i dont understand the reason why would india compete with China? Why cant it just live? Well the border issues, why it is only india that have border issues all along its history? You and i know exactly that all of india's neighbors have issues and problems with you. So is there a problem in all of them or is it only india that has the problem? It's not that hard to figure that out. So my dear, it is this fact that bothers all of us, because it is detrimental to the regional peace and had been and would in future lead into arms races, rivalry, proxy wars, military stand offs and ultimately war!

This, my friend, has to stop, else we give a damn about what india spends or burns.

India throws its influence around for legitimate reasons. Never started wars: India. Thank you.

Because Indians and humans in general are usually competitive. A cold war will be good for the development of India. Politicians will fast forward projects so we don't look bad in front of China. Mankind went to the Moon because of the space race during the Cold War. A healthy but competitive relationship with China is best.

Simply, i dont understand the reason why would india compete with China?
Why cant it just live? Well the border issues, why it is only india that have border issues all along its history? You and i know exactly that all of india's neighbors have issues and problems with you. So is there a problem in all of them or is it only india that has the problem? It's not that hard to figure that out. So my dear, it is this fact that bothers all of us, because it is detrimental to the regional peace and had been and would in future lead into arms races, rivalry, proxy wars, military stand offs and ultimately war!

hey man why you compete with India ?

We are 10000 years old nation thats why we compete china. We have written examples of that.

India always
through its influence into whole region because your country inside INDIAN SUBCONTINENT.

can you explain me what is your identity now ?

country of alquida ?
sorry to say but it is..........

and what abt us ............ Largest democracy....

Please dont compare with us but ur failed after Jinnaa.
never stable and never political stability. i mean you can see about hashar of J.L Bhutto

i beleive ThAT YOUR HISTORY IS 5000 YEARS OLD AS PER YOUR GREAT HISTORY MAKER WITHOUT INVOLVING INDIA. BUT ONLY AS ISLAM. OKEY YOU ARE GREAT BUT WE HAVE WRITTEN EXAMPLES OF OUR HISTORY ABOUT OR MORE THAN THAT 10000 YEARS OLD SO WHY WE CAN'T COMPARE CHINA WHO IS DEVELOPING SINCE 40 YEARS AND WE ARE ABUT TO 20 YEARS AND YOU NOW ARE ON AID ?

YEAH WE HAVE PEOPLE BELOW POVERTY LINE BUT WE ARE NOT ON AID

BEEKH MANGNE SE TO ACHHA MARJAANA THIK HAI WO BHI AMERICAN SE

THINK MAN TODAY'S NIGHT OR FOR NEXT 5 YEARS YOU ARE EATING BIRYANI GIVEN BY AMERICANS AND YOUR COUNTRY MEN TALKING ABOUT INDIAN POVERTY ATLEAST WE ARE NOT ON AID AMERICANS NOT MAKING ANY LAW'S SPECIFICALY FOR INDIAN POOR CITIZENS BUT ONLY FOR YOUR COUNTRY MEN

Last edited:
^^ What is this rubbish? Delete your post before your @ss gets banned.

Simply, i dont understand the reason why would india compete with China? Why cant it just live?

Your answer is in your own post

But what if we look towards CHINA, who have always liked to throw its influence on the entire region so that it can have a reason to expand and take the crown of a regional super power.

Alas, PRC distress with India is based on correct presumption that only India can challenge its sphere of influence.

Well the border issues, why it is only india that have border issues all along its history?

Biased thinking. China had order issues with 12 neighbors excluding India and Bhutan.

Just like British India who made Indian map and demarcated country boundaries which china disapproves, same durrand line is regarded as unfair by Afghanistan. But it has no govt and power to raise its issues. That's why Pakistan is afraid of Afghanistan's resurgence.

You and i know exactly that all of india's neighbors have issues and problems with you. So is there a problem in all of them or is it only india that has the problem? It's not that hard to figure that out. So my dear, it is this fact that bothers all of us, because it is detrimental to the regional peace and had been and would in future lead into arms races, rivalry, proxy wars, military stand offs and ultimately war!

If you happen to end your obsession with India and look around Asian continent, can you recall friendly neighborhood around you or PRC?

> Afghanistan or > Iran or > Ofcourse not India

> mangolia or > Korea or > Japan or > Thailand or > Russia or >Vietnam? or > Singapore or > Taiwan/ROC ?

Naughty you, Caught again cherry picking India :lol:

Certainly you need to increase your apetite. Buckle along and get ready for a roller coaster ride sweetheart. Me and Asian Robinhood Mr Haq have some more left in us. :lol:

Last edited:
Gosh! Why cant people see that they are being ignored!!

Anywaz..

Your answer is in your own post
We term this as ranting, i dont what you call it.

And that's not the way to quote someone, we call it manipulation.

Alas, PRC distress with India is based on correct presumption that only India can challenge its sphere of influence.

Oh...now you said it. Hmm... so you are being fed by the US as a counter weight to China, but Alas!!, during the process you are letting your millions starve to death!! :rolleyes:

Biased thinking. China had order issues with 12 neighbors excluding India and Bhutan.

Just like British India who made Indian map and demarcated country boundaries which china disapproves, same durrand line is regarded as unfair by Afghanistan. But it has no govt and power to raise its issues. That's why Pakistan is afraid of Afghanistan's resurgence.

How many wars did they have?

If you happen to end your obsession with India and look around Asian continent, can you recall friendly neighborhood around you or PRC?

> Afghanistan or > Iran or > Ofcourse not India

> mangolia or > Korea or > Japan or > Thailand or > Russia or >Vietnam? or > Singapore or > Taiwan/ROC ?

Naughty you, Caught again cherry picking India :lol:

How many of these were 'self-created'?

Certainly you need to increase your apetite. Buckle along and get ready for a roller coaster ride sweetheart. Me and Asian Robinhood Mr Haq have some more left in us. :lol:

Sweetheart, wow, save it for your 'lil girlfriend or wife whatever!!

You have born here yesterday and you plan to take me for a fringing ride! Beware, dont get you @ss kicked half way in!

Last edited:
Oh...now you said it. Hmm... so you are being fed by the US as a counter weight to China, but Alas!!, during the process you are letting your millions starve to death!!

The Indian military budget is NOT at the expense of its poor.

Gosh! Why cant people see that they are being ignored!!

Grateful for your generosity shown to this irritating petulant amateur.
Believe me, i didn't asked for this verbal diatribe in the first place.

Sweetheart, wow, save it for your 'lil girlfriend or wife whatever!!

You have born here yesterday and you plan to take me for a fringing ride! Beware, dont get you @ss kicked half way in!

Let me worry about that. I mean its my @ss not kashmir baby :lol:

Here are my 2 million and some words on this

India's defence spending as a GDP%

Population below national poverty line

Net Net

1. Is threre a poverty problem in India - Yes
2. Are we doing something about it - Yes
3. Are there positive results - Yes
4. Could they have been better - Yes
5. Is our defence spending in line with our GDP growth - Yes
6. Do Pakistanis think that we spend too much on defence - Yes
7. Does India care about this thought of Pakistanis - No
8. Is our strategy of poverty elimination right - Time will tell. We think we are on the right track. Lets check back in another 20 years

Back
Top Bottom