What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Well dont know how effective they are but Indians spend more on fairness products than they do on Coca Cola. Read the article and you will realize that its not only facial color that matters. lol:o:

India's unfair obsession with lighter skin | World news | The Guardian
lol ew

I just booked this :tsk:
Last year, public outcry erupted after a cosmetics firm launched a cream to lighten the skin around the vagina.

You cant help but laugh at this.

Btw the journo who wrote that article looks like a total babe :love:
Monisha-Rajesh--003.jpg

Last edited:
I love brown. I hate white. I despise black. Now call me racist.

people forget,,Its always

DARK Tall & Handsome....

It goes with guys. Dark / brown guys look manly. Fairy guys look gay / feminine.

As of girls, light brown, medium figure (not chubby, not skinny) and long hair excites me most.

BTW - this is one thing that was told to me when I auditioned for photo-shoot. The director was an East Asian and she was quite direct. "Dark skin does not reflect light well when it comes to camera lenses and that's why we prefer a model more fairer than you. For your color tones, we will have to use extra reflector lights to brighten you up"

It took me by a HUGE surprise but I did try to understand her POV . But that's it.. trying to understand.. NEVER understood.

There is nothing wrong with trying to be a shade or two lighter. Its personal choice.

Do you ever see debate about why White people always try to tan their skin?Color their hair black to blonde, blonde to black?Wear contact lenses? Does it mean that white people suffer from inferiority complex and they are tryna look like brown people?

I reckon all this has got nothing to do with inferiority complex, or after effect of colonization or other more complex explanations that people came up with in this thread.

Its more to do with the human desire to stand out, to be unique, to get noticed! If them majority of the population is mocha brown in color, and your skin is milky latte, you ll stand out and get noticed, and who doesn't like that!

But discrimination based on skin color, that is definitely wrong.

There is nothing wrong with trying to be a shade or two lighter. Its personal choice.

Do you ever see debate about why White people always try to tan their skin?Color their hair black to blonde, blonde to black?Wear contact lenses? Does it mean that white people suffer from inferiority complex and they are tryna look like brown people?

I reckon all this has got nothing to do with inferiority complex, or after effect of colonization or other more complex explanations that people came up with in this thread.

Its more to do with the human desire to stand out, to be unique, to get noticed! If them majority of the population is mocha brown in color, and your skin is milky latte, you ll stand out and get noticed, and who doesn't like that!

But discrimination based on skin color, that is definitely wrong.

Thats true to a certain extent though mate. People can tan naturally, cant really say the same about lightening your skin. I think the issues with darker Indians wanting to lighten up goes beyond just cosmetic wants. It says a lot about the people psyche.

You people need to get a life if you have time discuss something like this!!!!!

Originally

Talking of the sub continent

Lower classes worked out in the sun so their skin became dark(er) or tanned. Those who were rich or had wealth and power spent less time out in the fields or sun & thus would tend to have lighter or less tanned skin.

The subcontinent apart from internal battles/wars has always had land invasions from the west

So If you believe in the aruan invasions, followed by the various islamic invasions, ending with the British Occupation all the invaders/rulers of India tended to be lighter skinned then the masses.

So its a possible combination of all these factors which has been futher made worse by modern media which is western orientated.

On a slightly different note out of the people of the subcontinent it is the kashmiri's, pathans, punjabi's, northern pakistani's which tended to be the tallest or strongest/most fair hence that could have a influence as well

I love brown. I hate white. I despise black. Now call me racist.
racist! because you told us to call you so

No one prefers extremely white skin colour. It just that people don't like to be extremely dark. I personally find yellow to be the most attractive skin colour.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom