What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Its not just girls but guys also have this desire of to be accepted by majority :D but it become more worry for girls in case of arrange marriage because then fair skin play role in deciding who is beautiful and to get rejection because of dark skin is disrespect to their dignity

Yeah that becomes a real concern for people then.

In Nepal our perception of whats considered beautiful is ever more messed up. Imagine people who look like me try to model themselves into looking like Korean pop stars lol ffs.

what about billboards.. no less than obama is featuring the ad campaign in pakistan.
FairAndLovely.jpg

LOL

what about billboards.. no less than obama is featuring the ad campaign in pakistan.
FairAndLovely.jpg
I agree with you I am not denying there aren't any but honestly I haven't seen one, like I said to the other guy you need electric to watch tv which is a commodity here.

We have smuggled items that will blow your mind away that you won't find in big shopping malls in big cities but what good are they if you can't power them.

In Nepal our perception of whats considered beautiful is ever more messed up. Imagine people who look like me try to model themselves into looking like Korean pop stars lol ffs.
seriously? how the hell you get korean look ..you need operation for that.
did you mean hairstyle... dress etc? o_O

Its not just girls but guys also have this desire of to be accepted by majority :D but it become more worry for girls in case of arrange marriage because then fair skin play role in deciding who is beautiful and to get rejection because of dark skin is disrespect to their dignity

Well arrange marriage is a good thing then otherwise some guys and gals would die single.

Well that ain't love is it that is just lust, I agree with you on that but that clearly shows the shallowness of that person.
we are talking about arrange marriages where love happen after marriage and where desi girls have to go through this traditional arranged marriage process of having inspection and then acceptance or rejection of people came to visit them. sometime family dismissing the girls for few hurful reasons like she is not fair, she is tiny, her nose is not straight etc

seriously? how the hell you get korean look ..you need operation for that.
Google K-pop.
joinsmsn-com-ukiss.jpg

I guess the Tibetan looking ones can pull it off. Not the ones that look like me :lol: and MOST CERTAINLY not the ones that look like Biharis LMAO. But it happens. Lately due to Anti- Indian sentiments , the kids in Nepal have been drawn more towards East Asian pop culture than Bollywood.

Well arrange marriage is a good thing then otherwise some guys and gals would die single.
I am not against arrange marriage. I am just against the strict criteria of selection which desi women go through while for desi men there is no such thing if they have good job or status

we are talking about arrange marriages where love happen after marriage and where desi girls have to go through this traditional arranged marriage process of having inspection and then acceptance or rejection of people came to visit them. sometime family dismissing the girls for few hurful reasons like she is not fair, she is tiny, her nose is not straight etc

fully agree with you apart from the word desi cuz I hate that word watani is a brilliant word lol.

You touched a good point here. Light skinned according to who really right
WHat I have noticed is that North American Blacks do not have such mentality.

Unfortunately that is not exactly true. Dark skinned blacks can be treated just as poorly by light skinned ones just as the Indians do to each other. Spike Lee's "School Daze"'touched on it and caused a big uproar in the black community.

Unfortunately that is not exactly true. Dark skinned blacks can be treated just as poorly by light skinned ones just as the Indians do to each other. Spike Lee's "School Daze"'touched on it and caused a big uproar in the black community.
Hm , I always thought the opposite for some reason. Is this the case all over America you think?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom