What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Dude in my community we have blonde and blue eyed people but that doesn't make them clever, Srilankan might look like he has just come out of a furnace but his brain power is unquestionable.

In anger we use racial slur but we all know colour don't mean Shyte.
THats what I was getting at. But when you are fed the same propaganda for generations , your mindset will be effected no doubt.

These labor workers probably look around and notice that all the "land owners" happen to lighter than they are. I think INITIALLY lighter tone indicated that you worked indoors, while darker skin meant that you were a farmer / hard labor of some sort. It must have evolved from there on.

THats what I was getting at. But when you are fed the same propaganda for generations , your mindset will be effected no doubt.

These labor workers probably look around and notice that all the "land owners" happen to lighter than they are. I think INITIALLY lighter tone indicated that you worked indoors, while darker skin meant that you were a farmer / hard labor of some sort. It must have evolved from there on.
I read somewhere that same used to be in victorian era britain. Those women working outside where tanned easily associated with lower class.

I dont know why women here put red color in their cheeks though, what does it mean? More blood in cheeks? It does not even look good.

Not in our country well from what I have seen, colour doesn't matter a punjabi will marry me cuz am decent and not cuz I am green eyed pukhtoon and likewise I will do the same.

Not in our country well from what I have seen, colour doesn't matter a punjabi will marry me cuz am decent and not cuz I am green eyed pukhtoon and likewise I will do the same.
Bro, I am certain they have fair and lovely ads in Pakistan aswell.

its not about being clever but about our sense of beauty.
Earlier we used to prefer fuller women, now thin women are in demand. :)
However association of skin color with sense of beauty simply does not go away.
Nothing like a fuller woman keeps you warm in the winter.

This skin obession has less to do with to be white or black but has more to do with desire to be loved and to be accepted/respected by others especially in case of girls :)

Wow you really have ample knowledge about how girls desire to be accepted lol. Though respected i won't say because one can be respected regardless of one's complexion.

Well like i said earlier we all have different opinions some think it has nothing to do with a slave mindset and some just think that is the main culprit. Good you can surely start a campaign due to your obvious admiration for dark skin tone lol
Khade khoora and there was me thinking u liked me cuz of my skin colour looks like I got that wrong lol.

I cant find my self being attracted to women who are taller lying down than they are standing up.

Wow you really have ample knowledge about how girls desire to be accepted lol. Though respected i won't say because one can be respected regardless of one's complexion.
Its not just girls but guys also have this desire of to be accepted by majority :D but it become more worry for girls in case of arrange marriage because then fair skin play role in deciding who is beautiful and to get rejection because of dark skin is disrespect to their dignity

They probably do but where I am I haven't seen one honest to god.

Ps you got to have electric to watch tv and that is a commodity here.
what about billboards.. no less than obama is featuring the ad campaign in pakistan.
FairAndLovely.jpg

Its not just girls but guys also have this desire of to be accepted by majority :D but it become more worry for girls in case of arrange marriage because then fair skin play role in deciding who is beautiful and to get rejection because of dark skin is disrespect to their dignity

Well that ain't love is it that is just lust, I agree with you on that but that clearly shows the shallowness of that person.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom