What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Blame advertisers and empty headed, insecure men for that.

You can't blame the advertisers as they will advertise according to the demand and trend.

If I didn't want a firearm there wouldn't be no Darra simple as that.

You can't blame the advertisers as they will advertise according to the demand and trend.

If I didn't want a firearm there wouldn't be no Darra simple as that.

See my last comment i have said the same thing myself.

Yea thats true eh. You ask any random commoner from south asia about what he thinks of the UK and the US. And most likely he will tell you that its a land where everyone is a genius, obedient, rich.

Oh I also think bollywood plays a huge role in shaping peoples (misguided) opinion on beauty . Often you come across these butt ugly desi girls who think they are all that because they happen to be like a shade or 2 lighter than the rest of the people. Heck there are few of those in Bollywood even .

Well we all have different opinions here. Some do think it has nothing to do with the British imperialism whatsoever but i personally believe thats very much the main factor here. Advertisers capitalise on the attitudes and socially acceptable opinions prevalent in a particular society so i am not necessarily blaming them only. The main culprits are the masses themselves and deeply entrenched mindsets and biases are not easy to alter.

You can't really say the British because it was always before that aswell as South Indians wanted to be fair like North Indians who in turn wanted to be like those in what is pakistan and those in pakistan wanted to be fair like afghans and Iranians so on and so on.

I prefer dark skinned girls but such is the curse.

and I believe its inherent bias in our society nothing to do with colonial past. Fair and handsome is a relatively recent phenomena, and one can blame either advertisers or girls for that. lolz.

Actually you are right...or maybe at least a combination of both. Even some Asians are having eyelid operations to have them "fixed" (as they feel they are "broken") I'd blame that squarely on advertisers/media saying what is beautiful and what is not.

So I'll cut the Brits some slack on this one. (Even though the US feels obligated to play the world's policeman trying to undo the messes caused by colonialism - and yes we're blaming the Brits for it..you guys sit tight on your damn little island and let us sort it all out)

You can't really say the British because it was always before that aswell as South Indians wanted to be fair like North Indians who in turn wanted to be like those in what is pakistan and those in pakistan wanted to be fair like afghans and Iranians so on and so on.

You touched a good point here. Light skinned according to who really right?

WHat I have noticed is that North American Blacks do not have such mentality. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that they are a catalyst of western pop culture.

You can't really say the British because it was always before that aswell as South Indians wanted to be fair like North Indians who in turn wanted to be like those in what is pakistan and those in pakistan wanted to be fair like afghans and Iranians so in and so on.

Well like i said earlier we all have different opinions some think it has nothing to do with a slave mindset and some just think that is the main culprit. Good you can surely start a campaign due to your obvious admiration for dark skin tone lol

Some dark/brown skin people have very attractive features so its not colour but features of skin that make you attractive in my personal opinion . Media is also responsible to create this obsession with fair skin as we see most of these Bollywood actress/models get ten layers of make up just to look fair on screen. Indian local hero is also surrounded by white/European extras

It also depend on preferences of people and they should also have freedom to decide what is attractive or unattractive for them. There is nothing much we can do if a black/Asian guy find white girl attractive or if a white girl want to date with black guy. We cannot force them to like certain skin/race :)

Actually you are right...or maybe at least a combination of both. Even some Asians are having eyelid operations to have them "fixed" (as they feel they are "broken") I'd blame that squarely on advertisers/media saying what is beautiful and what is not.

So I'll cut the Brits some slack on this one. (Even though the US feels obligated to play the world's policeman trying to undo the messes caused by colonialism - and yes we're blaming the Brits for it..you guys sit tight on your damn little island and let us sort it all out)
who will sort your issues out when sun sets on your empire... I dont have much hope on chinese... :hang2:

You touched a good point here. Light skinned according to who really right?

WHat I have noticed is that North American Blacks do not have such mentality. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that they are a catalyst of western pop culture.
Dude in my community we have blonde and blue eyed people but that doesn't make them clever, Srilankan might look like he has just come out of a furnace but his brain power is unquestionable.

In anger we use racial slur but we all know colour don't mean Shyte.

Fighting India's ugly fancy for fair skin

Activists launch "Dark is Beautiful" campaign to counter deep-rooted bias towards lighter complexion.

201391995618918734_20.jpg

lol. Indians hate themselves because they think they are fugly looking people. These Indians suffer from an inferiority complex.

I have even seen some South Indians on Pakistan Defence Forum, claiming to be some sort of decedentts of white people, ( who turned black some how).... They come up with some bizarre delusional schizophrenic BS theories for their claims. Its because Indians have an inferiority complex and hate themselves.

Indians have derailed many threads on Pakistan Defence Forum into a fair and lovely campaign because of their self hating inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Dude in my community we have blonde and blue eyed people but that doesn't make them clever, Srilankan might look like he has just come out of a furnace but his brain power is unquestionable.

In anger we use racial slur but we all know colour don't mean Shyte.
its not about being clever but about our sense of beauty.
Earlier we used to prefer fuller women, now thin women are in demand. :)
However association of skin color with sense of beauty simply does not go away.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom