What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Not really,Assamese are very very well integrated with India and they are proper Hindus.

The other states are different but nothing stops them.

Is a way to appreciate her beauty and nature,chillax.

I in fact would appreciate it if you went ahead with this! You'd know then that barriers like Hindu/Muslim are in the mind alone.:agree:

what do u mean?

This friend of mine is a proud algerian/arab and then Muslim.

Make the local mullahs have priorities like her.

None respects someone who dont respect themselves.

anyway dont change topic.

Let's not kid ourself.

The North-East might as well be invisible for the rest of india.

Danny Denzongpa is from Sikkim. He is one of the legendary actors of Hindi movies. He was also the main villain in Rajnikanth's Endhiran.

villain10.jpg

According to me, this particular obsession has its roots in the "slave mindset" that the people of this particular region have developed due to the so called superior "White masters" who ruled over them. If it won't be about the skin tone of an individual we would find some other reason to look down upon others. Human beings like to impose their own respective concepts of beauty and morality on others. It is in no way limited to a particular region.

The problem is much older.

what do u mean?

This friend of mine is a proud algerian/arab and then Muslim.

Make the local mullahs have priorities like her.

None respects someone who dont respect themselves.

anyway dont change topic.

What has self-respect got to do with an inter-faith/inter-cultural fling?

Anyways, as you say, let's not go there.

I dont think I will blame british for this. Fair skinned women and slightly dark skinned men are desirable in India, thats what many of our folk songs and local sayings say.

BTW Indian idea of beautiful skin color is not pale white of british, rather a few shade darker. I am pretty sure most Indians find the reddish color(seen many germans with that skin) white skin repulsive, I do.

Indeed. Very right observation.

yea she is like the Amitabh for all us Paharis.

I can only imagine how much harder it must be for the ones with mongoloid features to break into the industry.

Its weird, it shouldn't be cause they are heaps talented. There was Danny Denzongopa back in the days, and more recently this Bihari Chinese:partay: guy got a bit of fame.

Meiyang-Chang-Jhalak-Dikhla-Jaa.jpg

Meiyang Chаng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yea she is like the Amitabh for all us Paharis.

I can only imagine how much harder it must be for the ones with mongoloid features to break into the industry.

I guess it might be equally difficult for an Indic guy to break into the Hong-Kong film industry, even if he speaks flawless Mandarin/Cantonese.

What has self-respect got to do with an inter-faith/inter-cultural fling?

Anyways, as you say, let's not go there.

I appreciate your sentiments.

I have a Ghanaian class mate and she is so pretty.

Mixing the genes is good for Humanity ;) if you catch my drift.

@Indischer Now you have me fantasising about goodlooking Black Women

are you happy now :angry:

I bet you guys didnt know this but Danny was a popular play back singer in Nepal.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

I guess it might be equally difficult for an Indic guy to break into the Hong-Kong film industry, even if he speaks flawless Mandarin/Cantonese.
no doubt about it. Maybe they might get roles that involve an actual Indian character.

Ravi,

I come from Kanyakumari District.My parents speak both Malayalam/Tamizh and my grandparents spoke sanskrit and telugu apart from these languages.

Trivandrum used to a very cosmopolitan place.

Actually even normal Tamils from other parts of TN know Mammoty/Mohan Lal/Suresh Gopi/Mukesh and many watch Malayalam flicks.

Malayalam actors are there in every single Tam movie and Tamils actors in Malayalam flicks.

Is very normal.

I appreciate the sheer antiquity of Tamil culture.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom