What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Our perceprion of beauty is definately shaped by the enviroment.
Case point:
images

Its common knowledge that this guy gets his share of female fans (of all races). Could he have made it in the film industry in Mumbai? I asked for my cousins opinion from back home, and wouldnt you know it... she didn't find him attractive. (to be fair she didnt tell me it was because of his skin color).

Perhaps in north America darker skin is seen as a masculine trait... but I doubt people from sotuh asia feel the same.

he wouldn't have made it even in tamil/malayalam/south indian industries for a different reason.

kuchooo kuchooo :P

if you compare redlight area with your own Indian red light areas you will see the same :)

everyone has a make up sense but its the quality of products/ besides resources which makes the difference on both sides.

You indeed wont see a malu aunty having as classy make up as a bollywood item.

So dont generalise.

Pakistani women have quiet a good sense of everything provided they have resources same for your women

u have no idea,trust me.

often u might want to save us husband from vultures.

This guy is a champ.6.3 Muslim Rajput from rajasthan.

Raja.Pak,might be your relative.

forget all that,the most talented actor of his generation along with manoj bajpayee,they can slam the attention away from every other guy in the frame.

Last edited:
he wouldn't have made it even in tamil/malayalam/south indian industries for a different reason.

Is it because he is lanky and has a bony face? South Indian actors all tend to be a bit pudgy?

I am not denying that there will be some dark/brown skin women in Pakistan with obsession of having fair/white skin. Most women use these sunscreen lotions not just for fairness but to remove dimples on their faces. The general populations of Pakistan are much more fairer than Indians and its very common to observe. Indian women are also more skinny and chubby. To be light or fair skinned in Indian society is a sign of superiority whereas to be dark skinned is a sign of inferiority. Low castes and dalits in Indian are mostly dark people that's why this skin colour stigma and racism exist more in Indian society. Ghandi expressed these views very passionately on his crusade to equality in India.

North indians and kashmiri are also right to claim that they are more fair than dark south Indians and brown rajastani people. I can even tell the difference. The south Indians have more of the aboriginal populations of India except that some South Indians (from Brahmin castes) have ancestry from the North which is why they can look similar to North Indians.

Nope,i knew your pedestrian brain had to show up somewhere and it did.

Is it because he is lanky and has a bony face? South Indian actors all tend to be a bit pudgy?

No,Sendhil looks very good and has excellent skin to be frank.

In Bollywood u have to have the punjabi looks to become a hero,even people like Abhimanyu Singh/Sushant Singh(The other one,not the Kai Po Che One) and many other people dont get good roles even if they look good.

I mean in which place would you find a self made vegetarian pehelwan like Puneet Issar being a Villain and a Charsi Mulatto Amitabh being a superstar.

Sendhil's problem is there is no meritocracy in South Indian films,full of nepotism all fugly sons of older filmstars get the roles ahead of many many good looking folks.

it even happens that sometimes the villains which often turn out to be Rahul Dev/Mukesh Rishi/Manoj Bajpai/Prakash Raj turn out to be more good looking than the Heroes.

Lebanese put too much make up, lol. Most natural are Saudi Arabian and Palestinian....I know some who are very natural and still look like teenage girls in their 30's. :)

That's what I want. :)

I have an Algerian friend here,she is 32 but looks 18.

Oh my,what a cutie.I often tell my husband if i had seen her before i met him,i might have different ideas.

No,Sendhil looks very good and has excellent skin to be frank.

In Bollywood u have to have the punjabi looks to become a hero,even people like Abhimanyu Singh/Sushant Singh(The other one,not the Kai Po Che One) and many other people dont get good roles even if they look good.

Thats not always true. People like Ajay Devgan or Sunil Sethi don't have "Punjabi" look. Even Anil Kapoor I reckon looks more South Indian than Punjabi.

The kinds of actors in all four film industries of South differs.

Yeah I have noticed. But in terms of looks i reckon there are average South Asian blokes who look much better than them movie stars. As bronxbull said, its full of nepotism.

no mustache no party!

Nope.

Thats not always true. People like Ajay Devgan or Sunil Sethi don't have "Punjabi" look. Even Anil Kapoor I reckon looks more South Indian than Punjabi.

Yeah I have noticed. But in terms of looks i reckon there are average South Asian blokes who look much better than them movie stars. As bronxbull said, its full of nepotism.

Oh seriously,there are so many folks who look much much better.

You can go to a village,all blokes are fit/they dont smoke/drink and eat food at right times,lead disciplined life and u can see them brimming with good looks,girls even more so.

This is regardless of caste but it is true that most castes are vegetarian and even the meat eaters eat only mutton and that too two meals a week.

Ajay Devgan is fine,he is a great actor and has survived.

Shetty used to have a great body but his time as a lead is short lived.

And Anil Kapoor south Indian? seriously?

Royda,anda hogya kaa?

no way man.

I can understand Ram Kapoor but not Anil.

Sendhil's problem is there is no meritocracy in South Indian films,full of nepotism all fugly sons of older filmstars get the roles ahead of many many good looking folks.

it even happens that sometimes the villains which often turn out to be Rahul Dev/Mukesh Rishi/Manoj Bajpai/Prakash Raj turn out to be more good looking than the Heroes.

And Bingo!

And finally regarding looks,

One cant do anything about how one looks,but one can lead a clean healthy lifestyle.

Abhor from smoking and drinking,eat at the right times.

Dont eat these silly frozen meat,eat sea food that too fresh from the sea.

Try not to eat too much fried food.

everyone knows the answers,the clean lifestyle of a dark skinned person ll score over the make up of a fair skinned person anyday.

discpline and abstinence alone gives strength and power not indulgence.

And Anil Kapoor south Indian? seriously?

Royda,anda hogya kaa?

no way man.

I can understand Ram Kapoor but not Anil.

I don't know, to me he looks a lot like Rajinikanth. Had he been a couple of shades darker both would look like brothers.

And Bingo!

Malayalam is much better in this regard also,there are many good newcomers like Nivin Pauly and even the sons like Prithviraj or even Dulquer Salman are not too bad.

Tamil also is getting better with people like Vijay Setupati and a few other self made newcomers in town.

I know,u wouldn't know most of these names but it is a problem.

I don't know, to me he looks a lot like Rajinikanth. Had he been a couple of shades darker both would look like brothers.

Btw,Rajnikanth is a Maratha and has great amazing features like nose and forehead compared to his counterpart Kamal hassan who might be a great Verbose SOB but in front of the camera even he is second fiddle to Rajnikanth.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom