What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

no doubt about it. Maybe they might get roles that involve an actual Indian character.

No but HK may not have people of many Races but India does,I mean these Manipuri/Naga/Pahari Mongloid chaps fight wars for you and one thinks how can they can they not play protagonists in a movie.

Bhachung Bhutia is Mongloid.

I am in my early 20's.

No need for signifiers lol.

appreciate the sentiment.

No,thats normal.

I can call u thambi then.

I appreciate the sheer antiquity of Tamil culture.

I appreciate their doggedness in preserving their culture. They might come across as obstinate, refusing to learn Hindi and all that, but I guess it's necessary sometimes to show that one isn't a pushover.

I appreciate their doggedness in preserving their culture. They might come across as obstinate, refusing to learn Hindi and all that, but I guess it's necessary sometimes to show that one isn't a pushover.

The Hindi Zealots were to be beaten.

And the imposition of Hindi is against the spirit of india. Let people learn it on their own. Commercial success now depends a lot on it.

No but HK may not have people of many Races but India does,I mean these Manipuri/Naga/Pahari Mongloid chaps fight wars for you and one thinks how can they can they not play protagonists in a movie.

Bhachung Bhutia is Mongloid.

No,thats normal.

I think the problem is , most people in India would rather see people who look like themselves on TV. This has to do (imo) a lot with the fact that the mongoloid Paharis are not quite adapted/assimilated with the mainland lifestyle and culture.

And the imposition of Hindi is against the spirit of india. Let people learn it on their own. Commercial success now depends a lot on it.
Its not just the south who has these sentiments either. Often its assumed that hindi speakers = northerners... this is something that ticks me off.

@bronxbull

You must mean the travancore area when it was progressive and cosmopolitan.

I appreciate your sentiments. Wish us kerlaites could be that welcoming again.

the matter is not mongloid.

The matter is about 3-4 states in North East,especially Nagaland alone.

@bronxbull

You must mean the travancore area when it was progressive and cosmopolitan.

I appreciate your sentiments. Wish us kerlaites could be that welcoming again.

I dont have any problem even today in Travancore but yeah Kerala has issues otherwise,which strictly dont affect us.

Most anti hindi folks are Telugu/Kannada Castes,The Tamil castes want to and do learn Hindi.

I can say me learning Hindi certainly helped me, but I also share your position on this issue & hence my admiration of Tamil doggedness.

If it was up to me, I'd declare English as the sole Official Language of India. It's the only language understood by many from Kashmir to Kanyakumari & from Nagaland to Gujarat. What's more, every Indian will find it equally difficult/easy to master, which is not the case with Hindi.

Most anti hindi folks are Telugu/Kannada Castes,The Tamil castes want to and do learn Hindi.

But most of my Tamil friends aren't good with Hindi. They always say that Hindi wasn't a mandatory language to be learned in Tamil Nadu, as against Hindi being mandatory in Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh up to 7th standard.

I dont have any problem even today in Travancore but yeah Kerala has issues otherwise,which strictly dont affect us.

Hate to talk politics here, but I think the main problem is a communist party that is becoming slowly irrelevant due to their antiquated views and a still militant adherence to marxism.

During the 1950's, they carried out essential social reforms.

I can understand Tamil, but not speak it properly :-)

Even though there might be some issues, for some reason, this is just me, I think of Tamil Nadu as our big brother =D

One of my Tamilian friends fondly speak of mallu girls in Tamil cinema =D

But most of my Tamil friends aren't good with Hindi. They always say that Hindi wasn't a mandatory language to be learned in Tamil Nadu, as against Hindi being mandatory in Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh up to 7th standard.

I have the same problem with Hindi. And so do some of my malayalee friends as well.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom