What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

Fair and Lovely wo bhi lagate hain but badnaam hamein karna chahte hain. :omghaha::omghaha:

:azn: fark yeh ha k tum logon ki jalti ha mantay howay k tum log issi pe chal rahay ho hehehehehe

hum to badshah log hain openly confess kartay hain

fair_%2526_lovely_men.jpg

Relax . I am NOT obsessed rather the opening thread tells the opposite. Let me just copy and past the opening thread paragraph here

-----------------------------
Activists launch "Dark is Beautiful" campaign to counter deep-rooted bias towards lighter complexion.

201391995618918734_20.jpg

Rosalyn D'Mello, a journalist based in India’s capital New Delhi, still recalls how her family and friends used to mock her because of her dark complexion when she was a young girl.

"They used to call me kaali (black), ‘blacky’ and even ‘negro’ because of my dark skin," she said.

"My mother was cruel about my skin shade. She wanted me to use 'Fair and Lovely'," a skin lightening cream," D’Mello said. "I don’t believe in the norm that equates beauty with skin colour."

Millions of Indians, overwhelmingly women, face biases like D’Mello on a daily basis.

To counter deeply held cultural perceptions on race and beauty, Women of Worth (WOW), a non-governmental organisation based in the southern city of Chennai, promoted a campaign called "Dark is Beautiful" with renewed vigour in August to highlight the issue. "

-------------------------------

So its you Indians who are obsessed and i am only supporting the cause to end this obsession :)

-----------------------------------

:) Good he has looks and to model in advertisement

And you are obsessed with our supposed "obsession"! ;)

Give it up. Nothing to do with you.

owwwwwwwwwwww desis are backis whats the big fuss about it ?

why dont you accept the reality in the first place?

if you are not obsessed with skin then why you feel offended when i call desis as black and as racists towards their own people because of the same skin-obsession.

on the one hand you guys are biggest market for skin whitening products while on the other hand you are not willing to accept the fact you yourself is obsessed with skin color .

I have no issue with accepting that skin obsession does exist in my country.

Its time for you to do away with your own insecurity viz a viz black skin before blaming others for calling you blacki

I wish I was black. :(

Are you happy now ? you made me sad.

What's wrong with dark skin nobody knows.

Although I am happy that there is now a growing counter culture among Indians now going the other way

btw, I am waiting for that post on yours of ancient hinduism or India :)

I wish I was black. :(

Are you happy now ? you made me sad.

btw, I am waiting for that post on yours of ancient hinduism or India :)

:) a person who have good manners is what count.

black/white/brown it does not matter. Skin is to perish one day your deeds wont. thats what i believe and what my religion teaches me.

I always feel its time for us desis to retain our skin color with pride. We dont need to hide behind excuses.

That's why every Pakistani tries to prove that they are snowwhites. :omghaha:

Here is another sample
Care%20Fariness%20Vanishing%20Cream%20in%20Pakistan.jpg

we have good share of buyers of these products its just that Indian population is far bigger than ours :)

so why you need to even hide behind finger pointing ?

black/white/brown it does not matter. Skin is to perish one day your deeds wont. thats what i believe and what my religion teaches me.

I always feel its time for us desis to retain our skin color with pride. We dont need to hide behind excuses.

This is why fairness obsession angers me.

It implies Indians are insecure about their skin colour.

Hopefully the next generation of Indians will be judged on the content of their character and not the skin colour

@Spring Onion I am still waiting for that article :laugh:

And you are obsessed with our supposed "obsession"! ;)

Give it up. Nothing to do with you.
Are you implying that we must NOT discuss it on this forum ? when specially you came to the forum and also you have this drive to fight skin obsession is going on in India and is reported by the world.

come on its height of your own lack of courage to speak up

:) he has a face to model :)))))))))))))))))))

You try to hide behind these comments but people who have seen you over a period know that you try to act racist on the basis of color.

And therefor you invite the contempt back on yourself and your race.

There is no need to be racist to anyone on the basis of origin.

Are you implying that we must NOT discuss it on this forum ? when specially you came to the forum and also you have this drive to fight skin obsession is going on in India and is reported by the world.

come on its height of your own lack of courage to speak up

Obsession is different from discussion.

:) he has a face to model :)))))))))))))))))))

He is fugly.

This is why fairness obsession angers me.

It implies Indians are insecure about their skin colour.

Hopefully the next generation of Indians will be judged on the content of their character and not the skin colour

@Spring Onion I am still waiting for that article :laugh:

:) racism will take thousands years to go .

About article yes will post . let me finish my office work then will either PM you or post here.

You try to hide behind these comments but people who have seen you over a period know that you try to act racist on the basis of color.

;) i dont TRY to be racist . i openly exhibit it when i have to show racism.

And therefor you invite the contempt back on yourself and your race.

You can attack my race and me as much as you can ;) that doesnt affect me or change facts.

There is no need to be racist to anyone on the basis of origin.

good advice when are you acting on it.

Obsession is different from discussion.

The moment you start discussing it instead of personal attacks (which is your hallmark), the you will see a meaningful discussion coming up.

He is fugly.

everyone has right to his/her opinion

we have good share of buyers of these products its just that Indian population is far bigger than ours :)

so why you need to even hide behind finger pointing ?

People use fair and lovely in India no Indian deny this but the problem is delusionist Pakistanis think they are snowwhites and they don't use fair and lovely. All of you try to Push Pashtuns as the general Pakistanis to outsiders instead of Punjabis & Sindhis who form bulk of Pakistan's population.

Back
Top Bottom