What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

because even he hates us biharis. :D
and even he has a bad sense of humour :P

But i don't hate Biharis. You guys contributed so much to our heritage, culture and history

You make me sad now :(

But i don't hate Biharis. You guys contributed so much to our heritage, culture and history

You make me sad now :(
mazaak kar raha tha yaar. :D
and of course,and the maurya empire with patliputra (patna) united india for the first time,with south india as tributary states :P

Having Nandita Das as your profile pic. That is just unfair (pun intended)
Oh and I hate the word Wheatish. Bet you 10 bucks it is a word invented by Indians to say 'not dark'

Could be.
But i love the golden color that Indian gals have.I dont know of any other word which comes close to describing their color...so wheatish it is.:-)
Nope dusky is not the word.:disagree:

Last edited:
:) a person who have good manners is what count.

black/white/brown it does not matter. Skin is to perish one day your deeds wont. thats what i believe and what my religion teaches me.

I always feel its time for us desis to retain our skin color with pride. We dont need to hide behind excuses.

Tauba tauba! Itni munafiqat? ;)

:) a person who have good manners is what count.

black/white/brown it does not matter. Skin is to perish one day your deeds wont. thats what i believe and what my religion teaches me.

I always feel its time for us desis to retain our skin color with pride. We dont need to hide behind excuses.

what do you mean by that springy :D, nobody can hide their skin color :sarcastic:. Indians have all type of skins white, pale, wheatish, black etc.....etc.....

:D chal dil pe na lay kia howa jo kalay hain par dil walay hain

Today there is a survey which concludes that Indians are big hearted ...... aaaaand Majority Pakistanis are completely wrong ..... :haha:

what do you mean by that springy :D, nobody can hide their skin color :sarcastic:.

:D i meant we should stop attempting hehehe

Today there is a survey which concludes that Indians are big hearted ...... aaaaand Majority Pakistanis are completely wrong ..... :haha:

yeh i stumbled upon one having 16-part heart :D

:D i meant we should stop attempting hehehe
yeh i stumbled upon one having 16-part heart :D

USA and other westerners do tanning and Sub continent people use fairness creams ....... :D.

Wheat is sexy !!!!!....... they say "Tall and Dark handsome guy" !!!! :rap:

Yeah, you may be right!!!!!! ....... :D

USA and other westerners do tanning and Sub continent people use fairness creams ....... :D.

Wheat is sexy !!!!!....... they say "Tall and Dark handsome guy" !!!! :rap:

Yeah, you may be right!!!!!! ....... :D
:D guyssssssss?? bheeeeeeeeeensssssssssssssss who is talking about GUYYYYYYYYYYY

abay guy gaye ki tarha kala kalota bhee ho to chalta ha desis main.

and wheat is grainy not sexy .

:D guyssssssss?? bheeeeeeeeeensssssssssssssss who is talking about GUYYYYYYYYYYY
abay guy gaye ki tarha kala kalota bhee ho to chalta ha desis main.

and wheat is grainy not sexy .

Wheatish with some sweat on the body ,after some physical work and a look at him will make Girl hormone levels rise and touch the maximum ...... :haha:.

lol hate to break it to the "wheatish" brothas out there ... but that still falls under "brown" :D

chtuy1.jpg

Do you guys think he lightened up significantly? I would love to read about his experience on how people percieved him before and after the "makeover"

Last edited:
@levina Peter O'Toole's looking rather pretty. :laugh:
Oh yaar....I am supposed to be protesting against the obsession for fairness creams that ppl have.And Nandita das's pic is what came to mind then.
Post#311 on this thread Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India | Page 15

I guess I should change my pic now....let me think of something better.

How about Devyani Khobragade? :tup:

No not Devyani......
Nandita Das started a campaign called "stay UNfair...stay beautiful" against the fairness creams.So my profile pic had to be her..

523989_400699503375491_1256334106_n.jpg

And i have not undesrtood why ppl (not just in india...but world over )love fairer skin???
Look at Chitrangada Singh,Deepika Padukone....hmm Freida Pinto...Biapsha Basu...they all look pretty without the added fairness.

And I guess lord Krishna and Rama were also supposed to be dark.

No not Devyani......
Nandita Das started a campaign called "stay UNfair...stay beautiful" against the fairness creams.
And i have not undesrtood why ppl (not just in india...but world over )love fairer skin???
Look at Chitrangada Singh,Deepika Padukone....hmm Freida Pinto...Biapsha Basu...they all look pretty without the added fairness.

And I guess lord Krishna and Rama were also supposed to be dark.

I think the associated connotations of white as symbol of cleanliness and black/brown as symbol of dirt is what extends into the aspect of beauty too. To me, a darker guy just has higher melanin in his skin, that's it!
Personally, to me skin colour is never an issue...but I prefer facial symmetry, as in I can't normally picture a wide-nosed, large eyed, square jawed Woman as beautiful. :meeting:(pardon me on this)

Back
Top Bottom