What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

People love white skin! Aint nutin wrong wit dat!

Bild8.jpg

shirley_picnik.jpg

2itq52g.jpg

But there is a huge difference between worshiping ( for the lack of better word) and admiring lighter features you know.

I guess, as long as you're not motivated to join the KKK or Aryan-Brotherhood, it's ok to be a little racist on the inside.:laugh:

As if you dont know...8-)

So if I call you as a Brownie - Would that be considered racist even what I'm really trying to say in a hurried manner is 'Levina Apa - Go bake me a Brownie' ? :undecided:

This obsession of looking white/fair suggest that the person is trying to eradicate their racial characteristics and replace them with those of another racial or ethnic group. It is self hatred that would drive a person to do so

look at these super stars of Bollywood promote white lotions/creams lol

normalgarnierulpcorg100.jpg

[video]

[video]
[/video]

I am not denying that there will be some dark/brown skin women in Pakistan with obsession of having fair/white skin. Most women use these sunscreen lotions not just for fairness but to remove dimples on their faces. The general populations of Pakistan are much more fairer than Indians and its very common to observe. Indian women are also more skinny and chubby. To be light or fair skinned in Indian society is a sign of superiority whereas to be dark skinned is a sign of inferiority. Low castes and dalits in Indian are mostly dark people that's why this skin colour stigma and racism exist more in Indian society. Ghandi expressed these views very passionately on his crusade to equality in India.

North indians and kashmiri are also right to claim that they are more fair than dark south Indians and brown rajastani people. I can even tell the difference. The south Indians have more of the aboriginal populations of India except that some South Indians (from Brahmin castes) have ancestry from the North which is why they can look similar to North Indians.

See often I hear people say that there is a notable difference in the skin tone between the Brahmins and the people that they are surrounded by. Maybe there is some truth to this, but I think its but the difference is exaggerated imho.

Brahmins in south India being from the north is something which the colonialists started. Being colour conscious that they were, the elite groups just perpetuated those viewpoints.

I have seen people of the so called lower castes who were lighter than I am.

Well till not so long back Caucasians were considered the "whitest, most blooming and most delicate skin".Europeans with darker skin were considered "dirty whites".lol.

Is that lady in your avatar an Indian actor? :what:

Yes she's an Indian actress.
So if I call you as a Brownie - Would that be considered racist even what I'm really trying to say in a hurried manner is 'Levina Apa - Go bake me a Brownie' ? :undecided:

Why cant you call it a cookie???
You are racist.:p:

See often I hear people say that there is a notable difference in the skin tone between the Brahmins and the people that they are surrounded by. Maybe there is some truth to this, but I think its but the difference is exaggerated imho.

Brahmins in south India being from the north is something which the colonialists started. Being colour conscious that they were, the elite groups just perpetuated those viewpoints.

I have seen people of the so called lower castes who were lighter than I am.
We were making generalization and off course there is some exception that few low caste and dalits might have fair skin..depend how they were born and who was their father :)

These people have no sha
We were making generalization and off course there is some exception that few low caste and dalits might have fair skin..depend how they born and who was their father :)
lol sneaky remarks there!
But I think worst are those offenders who choose to promote the bleaching products. Basically its saying that "you lots who employ me through your hard earned money are not good enough... but here maybe this'll help"

Back
Top Bottom