What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

@Ayush I'm so disappointed in you - Why are you like @Dillinger @Aamna14 & @Marshmallow so ashamed of your brown complexion that you feel the need to get your skin bleached with dozens of whitening products applied to it ? :(

Kaleiii ho tou kiyaa hovaa Dil Waleiii ho ! :D

Come to think of it - Tu tou kalaa bhii nahin haiii achaa bhalaa complexion haiii teraa phir bhiii Fair & Lovely for Men lagataa haiii ? :undecided:

And even @Dillinger has a good terracotta colored complexion - a little lighter than the reddish terracotta that looks so...so very awesome on a person but he too wallows in self-pity & self-hate all the time thinking why was he born with this complexion ? :unsure:

Then you've got people like @Aamna14 & @Marshmallow - Brownies the both of them are but as I always tell them the Almighty made them Perfect but they still hate their Complexions ! :hitwall:

It goes with guys. Dark / brown guys look manly. Fairy guys look gay / feminine.

As of girls, light brown, medium figure (not chubby, not skinny) and long hair excites me most.

Question is Bangali Bud, do they find you attractive?! Are you all that what a lady is looking for?! Remember: it goes 'Both ways'!

Our perceprion of beauty is definately shaped by the enviroment.
Case point:
images

Its common knowledge that this guy gets his share of female fans (of all races). Could he have made it in the film industry in Mumbai? I asked for my cousins opinion from back home, and wouldnt you know it... she didn't find him attractive. (to be fair she didnt tell me it was because of his skin color).

Perhaps in north America darker skin is seen as a masculine trait... but I doubt people from sotuh asia feel the same.

Our perceprion of beauty is definately shaped by the enviroment.
Case point:
images

Its common knowledge that this guy gets his share of female fans (of all races). Could he have made it in the film industry in Mumbai? I asked for my cousins opinion from back home, and wouldnt you know it... she didn't find him attractive. (to be fair she didnt tell me it was because of his skin color).

Perhaps in north America darker skin is seen as a masculine trait... but I doubt people from sotuh asia feel the same.

I would have to dispute your notion that 'Perhaps in north America darker skin is seen as a masculine trait', absolutely NOT.
All I can gather that you probably have not lived and/or interacted that much in N.America!

Ok, Well.....Darker skin with of course attractive features are synonymous with looking & having healthy skin.....and a multitude of other criteria......
Furthermore, women unlike our parts of the world & also 'desi' ladies, inclusive of the Sub Continent, also have so called 'developed the beer goggles'
! (So to speak)
Since everybody is free to 'date, copulate, establish a relationship & enter into matrimony' anybody they like....And with Anti Race, Caste & hence color laws in place.....
It all boils down to personality traits of the partner.....Professional Capabilities & how he treats his woman....

Whereas, in the Sub Continent we are mostly concerned with Caste, color, dowry, wealth, materialistic & color amongst other traits.......

I would have to dispute your notion that 'Perhaps in north America darker skin is seen as a masculine trait', absolutely NOT.
All I can gather that you probably have not lived and/or interacted that much in N.America!

Ok, Well.....Darker skin with of course attractive features are synonymous with looking & having healthy skin.....and a multitude of other criteria......
Furthermore, women unlike our parts of the world & also 'desi' ladies, inclusive of the Sub Continent, also have so called 'developed the beer goggles'
! (So to speak)
Since everybody is free to 'date, copulate, establish a relationship & enter into matrimony' anybody they like....And with Anti Race, Caste & hence color laws in place.....
It all boils down to personality traits of the partner.....Professional Capabilities & how he treats his woman....

Whereas, in the Sub Continent we are mostly concerned with Caste, color, dowry, wealth, materialistic & color amongst other traits.......

I was not making a concrete statement but rather presenting the discussion with a possible reason as to why/if people perceived darker skin differently ( vs back home).

Studies have shown that ovulating heterosexual women prefer faces with masculine traits associated with increased exposure to testosterone during key developmental stages....[26] The degree of differences between male and female anatomical traits is called sexual dimorphism.

Testosterone has been shown to darken skin color in laboratory experiments.[78] In his foreword to Peter Frost's 2005 Fair Women, Dark Men, University of Washington sociologist Pierre L. van den Berghe writes: "Although virtually all cultures express a marked preference for fair female skin, even those with little or no exposure to European imperialism, and even those whose members are heavily pigmented, many are indifferent to male pigmentation or even prefer men to be darker."[79]

Last edited:
ps: not that it matters, but I was born here. I would think my viewpoints on this topic probably aligns with that of other desi folks from north America.

You and your compadres are nothing but lowlife scum and I have no use for Scum like you.

Now Shoo away Pig......

You are not worthy o0f respect. People like you understand just one language, a boot up your rear end.

Alright Mr "I am a white American" Mirza :rofl:, whatever helps you sleep at night.

@Ayush I'm so disappointed in you - Why are you like @Dillinger @Aamna14 & @Marshmallow so ashamed of your brown complexion that you feel the need to get your skin bleached with dozens of whitening products applied to it ? :(

Kaleiii ho tou kiyaa hovaa Dil Waleiii ho ! :D

Come to think of it - Tu tou kalaa bhii nahin haiii achaa bhalaa complexion haiii teraa phir bhiii Fair & Lovely for Men lagataa haiii ? :undecided:

And even @Dillinger has a good terracotta colored complexion - a little lighter than the reddish terracotta that looks so...so very awesome on a person but he too wallows in self-pity & self-hate all the time thinking why was he born with this complexion ? :unsure:

Then you've got people like @Aamna14 & @Marshmallow - Brownies the both of them are but as I always tell them the Almighty made them Perfect but they still hate their Complexions ! :hitwall:

BECAUSE HAD I BEEN A BIT DARKER IT WOULD HAVE ACCENTUATED MY ABS FAR BETTER- I AM NOTHING IF NOT VAIN AND A SLAVE TO PUBLIC OPINION (ALL MY PARAMOURS HAVE SUGGESTED THE AFOREMENTIONED)...SOMETHING LIKE LATINO SKIN BRO.:frown:

Alright Mr "I am a white American" Mirza :rofl:, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I was neutral to Turks. Still have nothing against those inside their own "stans".

But there is something wrong somewhere. ;)

BECAUSE HAD I BEEN A BIT DARKER IT WOULD HAVE ACCENTUATED MY ABS FAR BETTER- I AM NOTHING IF NOT VAIN AND A SLAVE TO PUBLIC OPINION (ALL MY PARAMOURS HAVE SUGGESTED THE AFOREMENTIONED)...SOMETHING LIKE LATINO SKIN BRO.:frown:

Those aren't abs they're more like an embarrassment to fitness buffs - Abs that can't even support your own body weight to do a couple of hanging leg raises or hold a full body plank with a 20 kg plate on your back for 3 minutes ! :disagree:

Brown is sexy ...... 8-)

:lol: thats why subcontinentis are producing more mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i hate to say this but , you are right ....1 month back my cousin was getting married to a guy and my family asked if he was fair enough ...I let loose a barrage of screams at them they never expected... lets just say they don't ever buy fairness creams in front of me..

:)))) well that was good hehehe. because usually in India and Pakistan people look for fair skinned brides not grooms.

The groom even if is as black as coal is considered ok.

Speak for yourself. You may associate beauty with skin color, not everyone has to do that.

And I would agree with the fugly part for some yellow journalists by the way. ;)

Irrespective of the skin color. That doesn't matter for me...

array rota kahay ko ha kaliya.

dont be sad what if you are black.? sky is not going to fall :P

Come on wipe off those tears man.

Those aren't abs they're more like an embarrassment to fitness buffs - Abs that can't even support your own body weight to do a couple of hanging leg raises or hold a full body plank with a 20 kg plate on your back for 3 minutes ! :disagree:

Presumptuous of you, try a raised legs pull up lard belly.:lol: Waise kake tainu abs ke bare me ki pata? DODO!

Presumptuous of you, try a raised legs pull up lard belly.:lol: Waise kake tainu abs ke bare me ki pata? DODO!

Yay! a fellow Fitness fanatic!

Though i am more of a runner.

I do occasionally do weights to keep the strength.

now, I just need paramours :P

Yay! a fellow Fitness fanatic!

Though i am more of a runner.

I do occasionally do weights to keep the strength.

now, I just need paramours :P

Paramours will not care as long as you are in relatively good shape, on the other hand if your are as vainglorious as me then well get to it after all no one else is ever going to love your reflection as much as you will yourself.:lol: Or you might be like @Armstrong who is so narcissistic that he even thinks that his lard belly is worth appreciating in the mirror.

Paramours will not care as long as you are in relatively good shape, on the other hand if your are as vainglorious as me then well get to it after all no one else is ever going to love your reflection as much as you will yourself.:lol: Or you might be like @Armstrong who is so narcissistic that he even thinks that his lard belly is worth appreciating in the mirror.

I need to have confidence and need to get a life first in order to have paramours my friend :P

My skin tone is almost the same as Chitranganda Singh is one I can remember the top of my head.

:)

@Dillinger I have slowly stopped caring what people think of me in terms of looks or my love life.

I would like to say it is my new-found confidence,

But rather a remarkable apathy to life that i find liberating in a way.

:D

Back
Top Bottom