What's new

Factory rolls out first made in Vietnam buses

Bus, is actually the vehicle type with the LOWEST entry barrier. I'm very surprised to see Vietnam needs to wait till 2017 to make its first unit of bus. Instead of the brag of the OP, this news actually shows how slow Vietnam's industry sector is growing.

Important reasons about "bus is the vehicle type with the LOWEST entry barrier".
1) Easy to procure the engines. Unlike cars, where there is almost NO independent engine makers (by independent, I mean the players are concentrating on engine only, they do NOT make the vehicles); there exists MANY INDEPENDENT engines makers for buses applications, some important players include: China's Weichai/潍柴, Yuchai/玉柴, Shangchai/上柴, Germany's Deutz, and USA's Cummins. To these engine companies, tell them the engine specifications you want (power, ,torque, emission norms to achieve), they will deliver you the desired engines. That's just a normal business to these engine makers.

2) Ultra-small scale of the bus industry. Compared to cars, the scale of the bus market is extremely small. Take China as an example. There are about 25 million units cars sales in China a year (world No.1), while the buses sales is just about 200k units, i.e. <1% of the car sales. But this 200k units sales a year already makes China the largest bus market in the world. So for a proper car plant, it needs to employ many automated equipment to facilitate the fast production pace, hence very expensive in initial investment; but for buses, given its ultra small demand, buses manufacturing could tolerate a high percentage of manual work, hence the initial investment not expensive.

Low in initial investment amount, plus easy to source the core part, building a bus is in fact NOT a difficult task for country with some basic industry capabilities. So I'm actually a bit surprised to see this news, I thought it should be happened earlier.
Wait until I post the news of rolling out first ever Vietnam made refrigerator or kid bobby car, you will be more surprised. I know you will respond with China making refrigerator and bobby car in one billion units since 100 years.

Wait until I post the news of rolling out first ever Vietnam made refrigerator or kid bobby car, you will be more surprised. I know you will respond with China making refrigerator and bobby car in one billion units since 100 years.
I'm just posting some comments with hard facts to support with. You are always welcome to raise your own opinion with other HARD FACTS to support with.

but you comment or post news on CN, you don´t brag?
post hard facts is NEVER a brag. I'm more familiar with the China side information, therefore I cited the cars vs. buses production data of China, to showcase the scale-difference between cars vs. buses (25 million vs. 0.2 million). For Vietnam, I know its car market a year is about 150k units, but I have no clue about the buses sector, my estimation is in between 5k units to 10k units, but I don't have direct resource to check. That's it.

post hard facts is NEVER a brag. I'm more familiar with the China side information, therefore I cited the cars vs. buses production data of China, to showcase the scale-difference between cars vs. buses (25 million vs. 0.2 million). For Vietnam, I know its car market a year is about 150k units, but I have no clue about the buses sector, my estimation is in between 5k units to 10k units, but I don't have direct resource to check. That's it.
you are a funny person. not only you tend to compare everything with superpower China that produces everything in 1,000,000,000 units. ok the link in the very first post provides HARD FACTS. here again. and it is not bragging. or is it?

Read more at http://vietnamnews.vn/economy/41908...de-in-viet-nam-buses.html#gd0Wuqx5RlFUuvmm.99

Thaco sells 112,000 trucks, vans and commercial cars for revenues of $2.8 billion last year. It sells 14,000 29-47 seat buses from the first factory built in 2011, capturing a 54 per cent market share. Thaco signed on Thursday a commercial deal with partners from Thailand, Taiwan, the Phillipines and Cambodia for exporting more than 1,100 autos, of which 550 will be delivered next year. It contructs a Mazda facility in Quảng Nam Province, with a total investment of US$380 million, in addition it builds a $400 million logistics centre.

Weichai as the core bus engine supplier to Vietnam's Thaco Group.
W020170513505598777374.jpg

Quick translation to the below news article from China's Weichai Group:
- Weichai has been in the Vietnam market for about 30 years
- Weichai is the key bus engine supplier to Vietnam's Thaco Group. Weichai currently owns 90% share of the engines for the long-distance tourism bus market in Vietnam.
- There are currently about 55,000 units Weichai engines served in Vietnam, ranging from powering the commercial vehicles (buses and trucks), to vessels.

潍柴服务越南市场30年!

2017年03月29日

回首30年的岁月,潍柴与越南客户同心同行,以“专业专注”的经营理念、“可靠耐用”的产品品质及“说到做到更周到”的售后服务,助力当地建设。
  1986年,潍柴向越南出口了第一台6160A船用柴油机,目前此类中速船用柴油机已销售4000台,打造了深受客户信赖的品牌形象。
  1999年,潍柴在河内成立办事处。
  2006年,潍柴成功举办“服务越南20年”产品展示会,携手集团旗下重卡、工程机械等产品,打造动力总成和品牌集群优势。
  2009年,法国百年企业博杜安进入潍柴大家庭,作为潍柴旗下又一高端品牌进入越南,专业服务于船舶和发电领域。
  2011年,潍柴全系列船用柴油机取得越南船检局VR型式认可证书,成为第一家取得该认证的海外设备供应商。伴随越南汽车工业的发展,潍柴联合越南当地商用车制造企业成功通过欧II、欧III、欧IV排放检测。
  2013年,潍柴与越南长海汽车实现批量供货,潍柴WP12车用发动机以“可靠耐用”的品质,成为越南12米长途客运主流动力,在长途卧铺车市场占有90%以上市场份额。
  2016年,潍柴发动机在越南保有量超过55000台,成为越南当地商用车动力、船舶动力的领先品牌。
  2017年,潍柴站在新起点上再出发,将全面升级产品与服务,助力越南客户创赢、推动当地经济建设。

http://www.weichai.com/kcxfz_397/wczxd/201705/t20170513_35114.htm

that's a win-win!

Weichai as the core bus engine supplier to Vietnam's Thaco Group.
View attachment 441989

Quick translation to the below news article from China's Weichai Group:
- Weichai has been in the Vietnam market for about 30 years
- Weichai is the key bus engine supplier to Vietnam's Thaco Group. Weichai currently owns 90% share of the engines for the long-distance tourism bus market in Vietnam.
- There are currently about 55,000 units Weichai engines served in Vietnam, ranging from powering the commercial vehicles (buses and trucks), to vessels.

潍柴服务越南市场30年!

2017年03月29日

回首30年的岁月,潍柴与越南客户同心同行,以“专业专注”的经营理念、“可靠耐用”的产品品质及“说到做到更周到”的售后服务,助力当地建设。
  1986年,潍柴向越南出口了第一台6160A船用柴油机,目前此类中速船用柴油机已销售4000台,打造了深受客户信赖的品牌形象。
  1999年,潍柴在河内成立办事处。
  2006年,潍柴成功举办“服务越南20年”产品展示会,携手集团旗下重卡、工程机械等产品,打造动力总成和品牌集群优势。
  2009年,法国百年企业博杜安进入潍柴大家庭,作为潍柴旗下又一高端品牌进入越南,专业服务于船舶和发电领域。
  2011年,潍柴全系列船用柴油机取得越南船检局VR型式认可证书,成为第一家取得该认证的海外设备供应商。伴随越南汽车工业的发展,潍柴联合越南当地商用车制造企业成功通过欧II、欧III、欧IV排放检测。
  2013年,潍柴与越南长海汽车实现批量供货,潍柴WP12车用发动机以“可靠耐用”的品质,成为越南12米长途客运主流动力,在长途卧铺车市场占有90%以上市场份额。
  2016年,潍柴发动机在越南保有量超过55000台,成为越南当地商用车动力、船舶动力的领先品牌。
  2017年,潍柴站在新起点上再出发,将全面升级产品与服务,助力越南客户创赢、推动当地经济建设。

http://www.weichai.com/kcxfz_397/wczxd/201705/t20170513_35114.htm

that's a win-win!
Look I am for a close VN/CN industrial production. You can set up motor and car components in Vietnam. You can provide money and technology. We will expand production, increase quality and lower costs.

timg
China GEELY
timg
timg
Looks good but I never see a single chinese car in Germany.

Vietnam is close to sign a free trade deal with EU. As poor country we can ship everything to Europe tariffs free and without restrictions. That is the chance for you. China can support us in flooding Europe with buses, cars, computers, smart phones and other stuffs.

Win win

VN made products have a good Name.

Look I am for a close VN/CN industrial production. You can set up motor and car components in Vietnam. You can provide money and technology. We will expand production, increase quality and lower costs.

Vietnam is close to sign a free trade deal with EU. As poor country we can ship everything to Europe tariffs free and without restrictions. That is the chance for you. China can support us in flooding Europe with buses, cars, computers, smart phones and other stuffs.

Win win

we also never see a single german smart phone here in China, what you piece of shit want to prove ? when we were highly civilized, you worshiped germans were still live on the trees, remember those barbaric germanias rushing out of jungle to fight romans, half-naked and primitive?they only behave like a human being in the last 200 years, not any more.

It is a miracle to let you despicable viets living over 1000 years under our thumb. We admit that we made a mistake before. although we don't have a animal culture like you worshiped west to colonize you kind , we should stop your existence long time ago. we will learn our lessons from there, and I will assure you that you low kind will end up no better than mongolias, living by eating sands with vicious hatred toward china.

Now mark my words, you low-life will not end up better than jews 20 years later.

Last edited:

Win win

NO,this is no chance,USA will ban us anyway if we produce peoducts in viet they will say china is avoiding sanctions so why bother.
Apparently you do not know volve is a subsidiary 100% to CHINA Geely!
Subsidiaries
List
I never met any viet people that does not mean they do not exist!

and of course,coz you are in germany ,you must know the story of kuka.
KUKA is a Chinese-owned German manufacturer of industrial robots and solutions for factoryautomation. The KUKA Robotics Corporation has 25 subsidiaries worldwide, mostly sales and service subsidiaries, including in the United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Russia[3] and most European countries. The company name, KUKA, is an acronym for Keller und Knappich Augsburg.

KUKA AG

Type
Aktiengesellschaft
Traded as FWB: KU2
Industry Automation
Founded 1898
Headquarters Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany
Key people
Till Reuter (CEO and chairman of the executive board), Bernd Minning (Chairman of the supervisory board)
Products Industrial robots, automated production lines
Revenue €2.095 billion (2014)
Operating income
€138.2 million (2014)[1]
Profit €68.1 million (2014)[1]
Total assets €1,979.5 million (end 2014)[1]
Total equity €541.1 million (end 2014)[1]
Owner Midea Group
Number of employees
12,102 (end 2014)
Divisions
Website www.kuka.com
It is owned by Midea Group.

we also never see a single german smart phone here in China, what you piece of shit want to prove ? when we were highly civilized, you worshiped germans were still live on the trees, remember those barbaric germanias rushing out of jungle to fight romans, half-naked and primitive?they only behave like a human being in the last 200 years, not any more.

It is a miracle to let you despicable viets living over 1000 years under our thumb. We admit that we made a mistake before. although we don't have a animal culture like you worshiped west to colonize you kind , we should stop your existence long time ago. we will learn our lessons from there, and I will assure you that you low kind will end up no better than mongolias, living by eating sands with vicious hatred toward china.

Now mark my words, you low-life will not end up better than jews 20 years later.
He still think he is VN but actually contribute nothing to VN people!

If you go back to VN to help yoir own people then you earn my appreciations!

Why so hostile to Vietnam?
Why telling of history that nobody can remember? Or are there Chinese girls today that wear Tang dress?

NO,this is no chance,USA will ban us anyway if we produce peoducts in viet they will say china is avoiding

He still think he is VN but actually contribute nothing to VN people!

If you go back to VN to help yoir own people then you earn my appreciations!
Vietnam is overpopulated, has too people looking for jobs. We can do more for VN if we are here. Look, the Germans highly value Vietnamese. We look like Chinese, work hard like Chinese but we are not Chinese. New trend: hospitals and other healthcare institutions go to VN and recruit people. Should you ever travel to Germany and get sick, the chance is high you meet a Vietnamese nurse.

CF77EBF9-B509-419E-87BD-546E43C34C27.jpeg

26F3E6F3-85AA-4B5F-BEAE-6F8C47A40E8A.jpeg

Vietnam is doing a good job. Greetings from Russia.:tup:

The real question is: Why a viet can achieve so much and much bigger success in western countries like Germany than in their own?

Why so hostile to Vietnam?
Why telling of history that nobody can remember? Or are there Chinese girls today that wear Tang dress?

Vietnam is overpopulated, has too people looking for jobs. We can do more for VN if we are here. Look, the Germans highly value Vietnamese. We look like Chinese, work hard like Chinese but we are not Chinese. New trend: hospitals and other healthcare institutions go to VN and recruit people. Should you ever travel to Germany and get sick, the chance is high you meet a Vietnamese nurse.

View attachment 442059

View attachment 442060
The real question is: Why a viet can achieve so much and much bigger success in western countries like Germany than in their own?

A few decades ago we also boasted about such things, like "a lot of scientists in America are Chinese", blabla... Now we no longer mention , let alone be proud of these things. We only taling about Jack Ma, etc. The SP2012 and VN are boasting about these tiny things now. This reflects their stage of development, which in other words, their home country is still too backward and shitty, and have to seek comfort from other's "achievement" which is actually irrelavant to them.

A few decades ago we also boasted about such things, like "a lot of scientists in America are Chinese", blabla... Now we no longer mention , let alone be proud of these things. We only taling about Jack Ma, etc. The SP2012 and VN are boasting about these tiny things now. This reflects their stage of development, which in other words, their home country is still too backward and shitty, and have to seek comfort from other's "achievement" which is actually irrelavant to them.

That's exactly what he's doing. Talking nonsense. You can recognize his usual arguments: look how great Viets are in Japan, South Korea and Germany. Constantly bringing up some German guy of Vietnamese blood who doesn't speak a word of his ancestral language but only pure German. His hatred for Chinese is well known here and yet he now make some weird statement of Viets looking exactly like Chinese. :crazy: Is he insulting his own race?
The only contribution Vietnam makes is by selling export brides which makes him feel super good.

We were too nice, we didn't massacre those low life Viets under our rule unlike how the Westerners treated their colonial slaves. YET he and other Viets are always ingrates towards how Chinese had helped them even during the Vietnam War. We shall take care of those ingrates for stealing our islands in SCS. As of now we are already dominating the area, only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom