What's new

Factory rolls out first made in Vietnam buses

care to tell me why 99.999% of Chinese IT tech allowed worldwide and in the US included... while Facebook; twitter and so on... blocked in China?
Even Apple got his licence few years ago...
Not even speaking about Google rejection this last decade...
And the list goes on...

as for Huwai... Smartphones are allowed... on "telecom" area are not...since they got caught years ago on espionnage... :)

Look...we ain't going to measure d*cks..; China is way way ahead on market manipulation and restriction of foreign brand than US... far far far away ahead... so stop it...

AND yes EVERY SOCIAL PLATFORM MAD EIN CHINA WAS A WESTERN COPY...bc of restrictions... Period

Accept it and move on..; it's not like it's a shame or Icare tbh...
Any proof of huawei espionage?i have checked your USA congress has no prove they said only may pottentially threaten you are better than your congress! All they have is like.this:Founder RENzhengfei was a former PLA telecom officer so.you assume everythings you can!
Guess waht,HUAWEI is the 5G law maker,you want to develop 5G techs you need to use huawei standards such as polar code!!!

care to tell me why 99.999% of Chinese IT tech allowed worldwide and in the US included... while Facebook; twitter and so on... blocked in China?
And the list goes on...

as for Huwai... Smartphones are allowed... on "telecom" area are not...since they got caught years ago on espionnage... :)

Look...we ain't going to measure d*cks..; China is way way ahead on market manipulation and restriction of foreign brand than US... far far far away ahead... so stop it...

AND yes EVERY SOCIAL PLATFORM MAD EIN CHINA WAS A WESTERN COPY...bc of restrictions... Period

Whatever you say! Stop copy our WeChat comprehensive capacity!
Do not respect CHINA law then quit!!!

And the list goes on...

Facebook is like a cooperation branch for CIA as well as Google,and CIA has spied huawei by intruded its network and servers,as well as German high level officials!
Do we have proofs?yes we have proofs showed by Edward Joseph Snowden=The True HOOHA of former CIA.
Where is your proofs?

Last edited:
The bus may be may be made in Vietnam by Thaco, but all key components, like engine, are imported, and most from China.

I hope next year when the Vinfast complex completed, we can manufacture the engine by ourselves, at least starting by manufacture some key parts of the engine.

For your information, Vietnam could manufacture steam locomotives since 1960s (Tu Luc), based on some Chinese locomotive. Buses, like Ba Dinh bus, have been in manufacturing since 1970 - 1980.

Checked out Thaco, quite a promising conglomerate. I guess they will become major players in Vietnam and beyond with right approach to the cycle of learning and then innovating.

Which one is for Weixin?

They americains say wechat is a copy from facebook,whatsapp,snapchat,airbnb,ebay....and a bunch of others americain softwares .....
for them too shame to admit wechat also known as weixin is a quite innovative software which is currently copied by facebook and other americain software systems in terms of payment,taxi,utility,medical assurance,adminitrative service,bills,national identity card system,etc......

Copy and espionage as well as low human rights ,not democratic.,none transparent.or support iran,north korea.........would be the best excuses to ban chinese companys,if i am americain policy maker,i would use them to ban as many advanced chinese company as possible!

The bus may be may be made in Vietnam by Thaco, but all key components, like engine, are imported, and most from China.

I hope next year when the Vinfast complex completed, we can manufacture the engine by ourselves, at least starting by manufacture some key parts of the engine.

For your information, Vietnam could manufacture steam locomotives since 1960s (Tu Luc), based on some Chinese locomotive. Buses, like Ba Dinh bus, have been in manufacturing since 1970 - 1980.
Thaco says it makes 60 percent, so 40 percent is imported. Motors probably come from Hyundai because the company cooperates with the Koreans. I hope the Koreans construct motor factories so we can copy how to make motors. Also good for VinFast.

Chinese companies certainly provide car components too. Less expensive than the kimchi.

Checked out Thaco, quite a promising conglomerate. I guess they will become major players in Vietnam and beyond with right approach to the cycle of learning and then innovating.
Actually VN car industry is still at infancy, long way to go, just first step is made. Ah next Year 2018 Thaco will export 550 buses with some going to Taiwan. That is not a joke.

7611B396-214D-4944-9880-E06DCD993777.jpeg

Good Job Vietnam, continue your hard work :)
An economic strong and military capable Vietnam is best for everyone in the region. People have more choices in picking products, competition drives innovation and lower cost. We all will become slaves if the Chinese can control everything.

Thaco and VinFast will produce 700,000 cars a year.

570FF479-70E3-466A-A230-9AD6F546F709.jpeg
53C4468C-CEC5-4092-AFEC-13B1F1592802.png

An economic strong and military capable Vietnam is best for everyone in the region. People have more choices in picking products, competition drives innovation and lower cost. We all will become slaves if the Chinese can control everything.

Thaco and VinFast will produce 700,000 cars a year.

View attachment 441883 View attachment 441884
yes in the year 2071 perhaps

@Martian2

VN needs to work harder to close the 40 year gap in development to China, doesn’t it?

The way Vietnam is progressing is very, very impressive. Indeed in a decade from now, Vietanam will become a major producer of value added goods.

Impressive maybe, but its all depend on who is looking, and what kind point of view she/he has. Vietnam can have the facilities to produce even 1 million cars but without proper market and good marketing they cant sell any.

assembling bus in CkD is not impressive nowadays. Thailand indonesia etc did it long time ago. Thailand is building her E-bus now

assembling bus in CkD is not impressive nowadays. Thailand indonesia etc did it long time ago. Thailand is building her E-bus now

well Indonesia are build everything nowadays including chassis and engines. The bus assembly manufacturer sourcing the chassis, parts, and engines from local factory
20141104192929-mengintip-dapur-perakitan-truk-hino-di-purwakarta-002-dru.jpg
Perakitan Hino_01.jpg
Peresmian Produksi Bus Hino CNG_22.jpg
381477_620.jpg
Hino-4.jpg

yes in the year 2071 perhaps
ha ha...first VN made cars will become available in 2 years. VinFast will invest $3.5 billion into the domestic car project.

The way Vietnam is progressing is very, very impressive. Indeed in a decade from now, Vietanam will become a major producer of value added goods.
if Pakistan can buy everything from VN, from car to smartphone to computer to TV sets, your living standard will rise by 50% :tup:

Bus, is actually the vehicle type with the LOWEST entry barrier. I'm very surprised to see Vietnam needs to wait till 2017 to make its first unit of bus. Instead of the brag of the OP, this news actually shows how slow Vietnam's industry sector is growing.

Important reasons about "bus is the vehicle type with the LOWEST entry barrier".
1) Easy to procure the engines. Unlike cars, where there is almost NO independent engine makers (by independent, I mean the players are concentrating on engine only, they do NOT make the vehicles); there exists MANY INDEPENDENT engines makers for buses applications, some important players include: China's Weichai/潍柴, Yuchai/玉柴, Shangchai/上柴, Germany's Deutz, and USA's Cummins. To these engine companies, tell them the engine specifications you want (power, ,torque, emission norms to achieve), they will deliver you the desired engines. That's just a normal business to these engine makers.

2) Ultra-small scale of the bus industry. Compared to cars, the scale of the bus market is extremely small. Take China as an example. There are about 25 million units cars sales in China a year (world No.1), while the buses sales is just about 200k units, i.e. <1% of the car sales. But this 200k units sales a year already makes China the largest bus market in the world. So for a proper car plant, it needs to employ many automated equipment to facilitate the fast production pace, hence very expensive in initial investment; but for buses, given its ultra small demand, buses manufacturing could tolerate a high percentage of manual work, hence the initial investment not expensive.

Low in initial investment amount, plus easy to source the core part, building a bus is in fact NOT a difficult task for country with some basic industry capabilities. So I'm actually a bit surprised to see this news, I thought it should be happened earlier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom