What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

Daewoo XK8 or DAR-21 several prototypes were made by reports state that the Korean army did not accept it the purpose of this rifle was to replace the K2 rifle in the KA, but i guess the K11 will do that instead nonetheless we should ask Daewoo for a couple of prototypes mingle with it (reverse engineer) see what we get

the thing is we need a modular assault rifle whose calibers can be changed from 5.56 to 6.5 to 6.8 to 7.62 meeting IA requirements there are only a few rifles in the world which can do that but we are developing an indigenous one of our own US is developing several of them under the ACR competition

Well it dosen't look much to me BTW are the sending a RFI for carbine only .

yes..... thnx - its compact but it can also be used as a rifle, its indigenous, can accomodate modern optical sights- seems a very good option

I don't think that it has cleared the trials as last heard IA has sent a RFI for carbines. and moreover it is not a fturistic design just a improvment over the current INSAS.

Can any one give some info on NVD offered by Nelco can't find a sh$#@t on web.

Well it dosen't look much to me BTW are the sending a RFI for carbine only .

well the thing this if we are issuing RFP it will be for a multi purpose rifle that can go to 7.62 and become a battle rifle/ designated marksmen rifle we go to 6.8 or 6.5mm you get a assaulter has longer distance that 5.56 but less kick than 7.62, you go to 5.56 it can become a carbine thats the thing about multi caliber rifles you can switch the barrels and the cartridge to fit your battlefield needs here are some examples i can think of

if i am a sniper in a platoon i would switch to a 20inch barrel and put 7.62 longer distance and stopping power

if i am a regular riflemen/assaulter 5.56 or even better 6.8 with a 16 14 or 12 inch barrel would do the job

the thing is the IA learned in Sri Lanka that 5.56mm is just as accurate and gives the same amount of stopping power as 7.62 at medium distances i am basing this on a 200-400 meter distance anything beyond that would be the role of the sniper/designated marksmen to do with 7.62

the point is of having a mutli caliber weapon you can adjust to whatever you need to on the battle by simply changing the barrel length and the cartridge from CQB to medium to long distance battle here is the SiG-SG 550 take a look

SG 552 carbine for CQB notice the barrel length is 8.9 inches (good for CQB)

220px-Stgw_90_kurz.jpg

SiG SG 550 sniper barrel length of 25.6 inches (good for sniping designated marksmen role)

images

i hope this has cleared some stuff up for you :)

i'm sure the F-INSAS rifle will be able to do that but will modular assault rifles be able to quickly the change the barrel to fit different ammunition cartridges?

Theoretically possible but dont expect too much variation as u need to count for the additional weight from ammo and barrel in the load out.
U chose the load out u want for a specific task ..rig it together and then go on ur operation,..
The best use for it would be the capability of having a standard module that will be universal throughout all friendly parties. This saves on spare parts during battle as u can pick up a fallen rifle and switch parts for bad ones when camped.
Can also help us use multiple caliber ammunition with the same feel handling on a practiced system. There could be many more such nifty utilizations for a modular system.

well the thing this if we are issuing RFP it will be for a multi purpose rifle that can go to 7.62 and become a battle rifle/ designated marksmen rifle we go to 6.8 or 6.5mm you get a assaulter has longer distance that 5.56 but less kick than 7.62, you go to 5.56 it can become a carbine thats the thing about multi caliber rifles you can switch the barrels and the cartridge to fit your battlefield needs here are some examples i can think of

if i am a sniper in a platoon i would switch to a 20inch barrel and put 7.62 longer distance and stopping power

if i am a regular riflemen/assaulter 5.56 or even better 6.8 with a 16 14 or 12 inch barrel would do the job

the thing is the IA learned in Sri Lanka that 5.56mm is just as accurate and gives the same amount of stopping power as 7.62 at medium distances i am basing this on a 200-400 meter distance anything beyond that would be the role of the sniper/designated marksmen to do with 7.62

the point is of having a mutli caliber weapon you can adjust to whatever you need to on the battle by simply changing the barrel length and the cartridge from CQB to medium to long distance battle here is the SiG-SG 550 take a look

SG 552 carbine for CQB notice the barrel length is 8.9 inches (good for CQB)

220px-Stgw_90_kurz.jpg

SiG SG 550 sniper barrel length of 25.6 inches (good for sniping designated marksmen role)

images

i hope this has cleared some stuff up for you :)

The SG550 isn't modular like the SCAR series.It's like the G36.For example SG550 cannot be converted to a carbine SG551 or compact SG553 and vice-versa.

They stopped selling the SG550 Snipers long time ago.They were only for the Swiss.

The SG550 isn't modular like the SCAR series.It's like the G36.For example SG550 cannot be converted to a carbine SG551 or compact SG553 and vice-versa.

They stopped selling the SG550 Snipers long time ago.They were only for the Swiss.

my point was that the different barrel lengths serve a different purpose e.g 10 inches barrel or less for CQB 12-16 inch for assaulter/riflemen at medium distances, 18 20 inches or higher for designated marksmen/snipers

at last you will see that they have modified some guns (insas) i have seen some in fort willam cant colour it black and get some multicalibre like daewoo k11(it also have some issues ) for few in platoon level what do you think they will do to the 3-6 lakh rifles bought at 20000 a piece without ammo
though this kalantak thing shows some promise

Theoretically possible but dont expect too much variation as u need to count for the additional weight from ammo and barrel in the load out.
U chose the load out u want for a specific task ..rig it together and then go on ur operation,..
The best use for it would be the capability of having a standard module that will be universal throughout all friendly parties. This saves on spare parts during battle as u can pick up a fallen rifle and switch parts for bad ones when camped.
Can also help us use multiple caliber ammunition with the same feel handling on a practiced system. There could be many more such nifty utilizations for a modular system.

true.... but each man in a platoon has his duties e.g sniper scout riflemen shock troop etc so a special type of rifle will be issued to that infantrymen regarding his role you would not give a 12inch barrel 5.56 rifle to a sniper but a 18inches+ barrel rifle with 7.62 to a sniper

at last you will see that they have modified some guns (insas) i have seen some in fort willam cant colour it black and get some multicalibre like daewoo k11(it also have some issues ) for few in platoon level what do you think they will do to the 3-6 lakh rifles bought at 20000 a piece without ammo

i like Kalantak as well it should go to special forces because its compact modular good for CQB etc we should give this to NSG as well its comparable to the SG 550

its a shame though the Kalantak is derived from the Excalibur which failed IA trials because of its short barrel and high round if the barrel was longer it probably would be in service today :(

K11 isn't multi-caliber.It has a 5.56mm Assault Rifle and 20mm Airburst Grenade.The 5.56mm Assault Rifle subsystem as of now does not have any variants in any other caliber.Although a weapon like K11/PAPOP/XM25/Neopup PAW-20 would be welcome addition to the F-INSAS program a soldier carrying an OICW in one section would enhance the capabilities of that section by quite a large value.

i like Kalantak as well it should go to special forces because its compact modular good for CQB etc we should give this to NSG as well its comparable to the SG 550

its a shame though the Kalantak is derived from the Excalibur which failed IA trials because of its short barrel and high round if the barrel was longer it probably would be in service today :(

Kalantak was meant for Export and use with some State Police Force not for out Armed Forces and Paramilitary Forces.The Kalantak is a shorter variant of the Exaclibur having a shorter barrel so I don't think so the Army is going to accept them.The Excalibur lost the field trials because of the ammunition which caused excessive noise and muzzle flash.
INSAS although has a full family of small arms most of the variants are not used.
INSAS
INSAS Folding Stock
INSAS LMG
INSAS LMG folding Stock
Excalibur Carbine
Kalantak Compact Assault Rifle
MINSAS/Amogh PDW
MSMC PDW

Personally I think OFB should standardise the folding stocks in all the folding stock variants they have different ones for INSAS, LMG, Excalibur, Kalantak and Amogh.They should integrate RIS rails on the 12,6,9 and 3'O Clock positions on the foregrip and full length picattiny rail above the receiver.A DMR variant which is semi-auto only and have accurised heavy barrels would be nice addition.Also a shorter variant of the Kalantak same as SG553 and a 9mm SMG variant based on the MINSAS/Amogh.

I just want it to be like the HK33 Family.

K11 isn't multi-caliber.It has a 5.56mm Assault Rifle and 20mm Airburst Grenade.The 5.56mm Assault Rifle subsystem as of now does not have any variants in any other caliber.Although a weapon like K11/PAPOP/XM25/Neopup PAW-20 would be welcome addition to the F-INSAS program a soldier carrying an OICW in one section would enhance the capabilities of that section by quite a large value.

Kalantak was meant for Export and use with some State Police Force not for out Armed Forces and Paramilitary Forces.The Kalantak is a shorter variant of the Exaclibur having a shorter barrel so I don't think so the Army is going to accept them.The Excalibur lost the field trials because of the ammunition which caused excessive noise and muzzle flash.
INSAS although has a full family of small arms most of the variants are not used.
INSAS
INSAS Folding Stock
INSAS LMG
INSAS LMG folding Stock
Excalibur Carbine
Kalantak Compact Assault Rifle
MINSAS/Amogh PDW
MSMC PDW

Personally I think OFB should standardise the folding stocks in all the folding stock variants they have different ones for INSAS, LMG, Excalibur, Kalantak and Amogh.They should integrate RIS rails on the 12,6,9 and 3'O Clock positions on the foregrip and full length picattiny rail above the receiver.A DMR variant which is semi-auto only and have accurised heavy barrels would be nice addition.Also a shorter variant of the Kalantak same as SG553 and a 9mm SMG variant based on the MINSAS/Amogh.

I just want it to be like the HK33 Family.

the Kalantak is good for CQB so it should be issued to NSG and some special forces units as it would help them in CQB the reason for Excalibur not being accepted was short barrel used with powerful ammunition causing loud sound and high muzzle flash if the barrel length was longer than it probably would have been satisfactory or proficient

the Magpul Masada can fit the IA F-INSAS needs

the Kalantak is good for CQB so it should be issued to NSG and some special forces units as it would help them in CQB the reason for Excalibur not being accepted was short barrel used with powerful ammunition causing loud sound and high muzzle flash if the barrel length was longer than it probably would have been satisfactory or proficient

i think you are telling about the acr family it costs at between $2,685–$3,061.00 do your math in rs terms and also atleast 6 lakh rifles
also the multicalibre thing is not tested even
we should go for something like this
fn_scar_l2.jpg

If the barrle had been lenghtened the whole lenght of the rifle would have been more.The problem was the ammunition.It was the same as used in the INSAS and INSAS LMG.They are not compatible with short barreled rifles.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom