What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

Hey guys can any one throw a little light on Shivalik multipurpse handgrenades.:sniper:

images

i think this whole multiple calibre thing is all bullsh.... they should go for a modular system though whose calibre could be changed something like scar series or g36 and mainly concentrate on quality of the weapon as for ofb it is impossible or next to it as for the high gadgets shown i think they will only be for the commander or the ghatak platoon the intercom walky can be for all as its in the helmet itself . for all those who think india might be changing its standard weapon calibre from 5.56 x 45 mm ammunition to any thing its far fetched as we have lots of this round stored which are bought on very hard money that can;t be wasted
india should try something like FX-05 Xiuhcoatl assault rifle of mexico in some way a distant clone to g36 but still equal in quality
FX-05 Xiuhcoatl Assault Rifle | Military-Today.com

i think this whole multiple calibre thing is all bullsh.... they should go for a modular system though whose calibre could be changed something like scar series or g36 and mainly concentrate on quality of the weapon as for ofb it is impossible or next to it as for the high gadgets shown i think they will only be for the commander or the ghatak platoon the intercom walky can be for all as its in the helmet itself . for all those who think india might be changing its standard weapon calibre from 5.56 x 45 mm ammunition to any thing its far fetched as we have lots of this round stored which are bought on very hard money that can;t be wasted
india should try something like FX-05 Xiuhcoatl assault rifle of mexico in some way a distant clone to g36 but still equal in quality
FX-05 Xiuhcoatl Assault Rifle | Military-Today.com

what do you mean by modular?

what do you mean by modular?
Modular means the function of having stuff attached and detach according to preference.
In a modular Rifle u would usually have mltiple --grip sizes ,Stock sizes, Calibre barrles and or Magzene fittings, Load action (Bolt or assault preferred) .
The top base would have indentations so as to provide modular sliding fittings to lenses ,scopes,sights, etc...A GL fitting or s mini shotgun fitting is also -preffered

Modular means the function of having stuff attached and detach according to preference.
In a modular Rifle u would usually have mltiple --grip sizes ,Stock sizes, Calibre barrles and or Magzene fittings, Load action (Bolt or assault preferred) .
The top base would have indentations so as to provide modular sliding fittings to lenses ,scopes,sights, etc...A GL fitting or s mini shotgun fitting is also -preffered

i'm sure the F-INSAS rifle will be able to do that but will modular assault rifles be able to quickly the change the barrel to fit different ammunition cartridges?

well if MKU can provide the IA what it needs for F-INSAS than i'm sure they could be listed as a manufacture/supplier of equipment

BTW is this an Indian company? we need to see more private participation in the defense industry

Well the full name of this company is M Kumar udyog so by name it seems to be Indian . well heres a link
M Kumar Udyog - manufacturer of body armour, bulletproof vest, ballistic helmets, footwear, anti...
Well don't bother about MKU I think IA will go for vest made by TAML.

Tata Advanced Materials Ltd - Composite parts, bullet proof vests, helmets

Arre bhai please do mention the name of the rifle with the pic.

Daewoo XK8 or DAR-21 several prototypes were made by reports state that the Korean army did not accept it the purpose of this rifle was to replace the K2 rifle in the KA, but i guess the K11 will do that instead nonetheless we should ask Daewoo for a couple of prototypes mingle with it (reverse engineer) see what we get

the thing is we need a modular assault rifle whose calibers can be changed from 5.56 to 6.5 to 6.8 to 7.62 meeting IA requirements there are only a few rifles in the world which can do that but we are developing an indigenous one of our own US is developing several of them under the ACR competition

the rifle has to be developed indegenously- no way we can buy 3 million + rifles (including para and reserves)..... the kalantak or something( cant seem to remember the name) seems to me to be a very good option

the rifle has to be developed indegenously- no way we can buy 3 million + rifles (including para and reserves)..... the kalantak or something( cant seem to remember the name) seems to me to be a very good option

you mean this?

220px-Kalantak_Micro_Assault_Rifle_5.56mm.jpg

5.56 mm micro assault rifle (under-going user trials) - Kalantak Micro Assault Rifle is a gas operated automatic, air cooled, folding butt Rifle. It is a very power full, light weight & compact weapon for CQB & Personnel Defence Weapon Role. The weapon uses the same ammunition (5.56x45mm) as used in Rifle/ LMG, thus reducing the logistic problems in having different kind of ammunitions for different role of weapons. It’s design and mechanism is simple and having the capability to accommodate the various modern optical sights like Red Dot Sight, Holographic, MARS etc, available internationally in the market. Due consideration has been given for Reliability, Ergonomics and Aesthetics in designing of the Weapon. The furniture items will be subjected to continual improvement from human engineering point of view.

this rifle is very compact we should give this to special forces

you mean this?

220px-Kalantak_Micro_Assault_Rifle_5.56mm.jpg

5.56 mm micro assault rifle (under-going user trials) - Kalantak Micro Assault Rifle is a gas operated automatic, air cooled, folding butt Rifle. It is a very power full, light weight & compact weapon for CQB & Personnel Defence Weapon Role. The weapon uses the same ammunition (5.56x45mm) as used in Rifle/ LMG, thus reducing the logistic problems in having different kind of ammunitions for different role of weapons. It’s design and mechanism is simple and having the capability to accommodate the various modern optical sights like Red Dot Sight, Holographic, MARS etc, available internationally in the market. Due consideration has been given for Reliability, Ergonomics and Aesthetics in designing of the Weapon. The furniture items will be subjected to continual improvement from human engineering point of view.

this rifle is very compact we should give this to special forces

yes..... thnx - its compact but it can also be used as a rifle, its indigenous, can accomodate modern optical sights- seems a very good option

yes..... thnx - its compact but it can also be used as a rifle, its indigenous, can accomodate modern optical sights- seems a very good option

i dont think this will be issued for F-INSAS unless OFB or DRDO can make it so that it can support more than 1 caliber and a 40mm air burst grenade launcher along with many other attachments, e.g holographic, red dot, mars, ACOG, flashlight, shotgun, it should also come with 4 modes, safety, single shot, 3 round burst, and full auto all in a 30 round magazine

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom