F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

mixoo.jpg

w250rightleftside.png

Computer Module.
(aa) Commander Data Terminal (CDT).
(ab) Portable Display Unit (PDU).
(aaa) Wrist Display - for soldiers.
(aab) Planning Board - for commanders.
(ac) Software. OS, Application software and GIS. (ii)

(ii) Communication Module.
(aa) Single Band UHF Radio Set.
(ab) Dual Band UHF/VHF Radio Set.
(ac) Headset/ Earphone.

(iii) Navigation Module.
(aa) Global Positioning System (GPS).
(ab) Dead Reckoning Module (DRM). providing the users position related to an ‘Initialization Point’, on GPS becoming unavailable.
(ac) Digital Magnetic Compass (DMC).
(iv) Central Power Pack Module including Powermanagement System.
(v) Battle Load Carrier Vest (BLCV).

http://indianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/RFI/215/RFI_FINSAS_080211.pdf

SIR don't you think this computer module thing seems to be a bit delicate espacially its touch screen don' you think they should go for something with a flap for add on protection.

And what do you think about the modifications on INSAS I mentioned in my post #52.

which rifle is this?

this is the Italian Berreta ARX-160 can fire 5.56mm rounds STANAG mags, Pictanny rails for optic sights, 40mm air burst grenade launcher,

300px-Beretta_AR_with_thermal_sight_and_grenade_launcher.jpg

right now the F-INSAS assault rifle details are sketchy IA has not said anything solid yet, there are reports of DRDO making a indigenous assault rifle with air bursting grenade and all that, there are reports that we are jointly making a new rifle in collaboration with Israel, and there are reports that the IA will issue a global RFP for new assault rifles that can fire in 5.56 6.5 grendel 6.8 and 7.62, like in the Magpul video the IA wants a rifle thats cartridge can be quickly changed with ease on the battlefield

as part of the F-INSAS program besides the firearms mentioned above we should think about locally producing the M9 and giving it to our Jawans, standard weapons for a soldier are his service rifle, secondary, and Knife
i like sig p226 more than barreta but it is a little expensive also.:sniper:

And what do you about the modifications on INSAS I mentioned in my post #52.

i think all those modifications will be implemented in the future F-INSAS rifle about the barrels the thing thats sweet about that is on the battle field one of our Jawans can replace the barrel for a longer one in case of long range combat, or if he is fighting in urban warfare with CQB will most likely be used he could replace the barrel for a shorter one, basically he will have different barrels for different cartridges for different types of warfare CQB long distance etc i personally like how in the masada vid the guy changed the barrel and made the masada into a AK47 by just changing the barrel and the magazine

i like sig p226 more than barreta but it is a little expensive also.:sniper:

both pistols are good something light weight shoots fast will be good for the Jawan, what are your thoughts about using a machine pistol like the M93 Raffica?

both pistols are good something light weight shoots fast will be good for the Jawan, what are your thoughts about using a machine pistol like the M93 Raffica?

SORRY for late reply and Yeah M93 raffica is surely a very nice pistol but don't you think adding a machine pistol like that will be an overkill not to mention the cost factor.

so for the F-INSAS the DRDO will make 3 firearms total a carbine and 2 assault rifles with Israel?
As far as i have heard our deal is for building a multi-caliber assault rifle.

sounds good there is a lot of confusion become some info says DRDO is working on it alone, or with Israel, or a new F-INSAS will just be bought off the int'l market
Well since there is no officil information on this matter, there is a possibility that the deal might have been cancelled and DRDO might have decided to go solo on this project and as a result their might be huge delays in the project and thats why IA might have opted for a global tender for rifles and other equipment for FINSAS which IA always wanted. I think we will get the whole picture of FINSAS in Defexpo 2012.

we should give IA soldiers a mini uzi as a side arm would be better than the browning hi-power we currently use
I doubt we will give such an expensive sidearm to our infantry soldiers but for SF its possible. May be GOI can get too generous and might increase the production of MSMC and give it to every soldier.

SIR don't you think this computer module thing seems to be a bit delicate espacially its touch screen don' you think they go for something with a flap for add on protection.
Flap is not a big issue. These things might generally have a flap. Look at the module which FINSAS will be having in the video below :

Last edited by a moderator:
F-INSAS.jpg

Hey guys according to the reports that are coming i think IA has issued global tenders for almost all the accessories in the above poster as you can see in the tenders issued recently. Indian companies are also free to participate in the tender but its now not sure whether Tata and Rolta-Thales will be providing the equipment for FINSAS program.

SORRY for late reply and Yeah M93 raffica is surely a very nice pistol but don't you think adding a machine pistol like that will be an overkill not to mention the cost factor.

over kill? over kill is when you use a nuclear land mine :lol: machine pistols are not overkill actually machine pistols and SMG's are actually the same thing the only thing different is just the size like compare a UMP45 to a Steyr TMP both fire 9mm rounds only difference is the size but i guess your right M9 SiG or any other side arm is good for our Jawan

F-INSAS.jpg

Hey guys according to the reports that are coming i think IA has issued global tenders for almost all the accessories in the above poster as you can see in the tenders issued recently. Indian companies are also free to participate in the tender but its now not sure whether Tata and Rolta-Thales will be providing the equipment for FINSAS program.

i thought TATA was supposed to provide the hi tech communications stuff, Bullet proof jacket, combat ballistic helmet, night vision goggles even in the pic above it shows the things with a company name like NELCO and TATA

over kill? over kill is when you use a nuclear land mine :lol: machine pistols are not overkill actually machine pistols and SMG's are actually the same thing the only thing different is just the size like compare a UMP45 to a Steyr TMP both fire 9mm rounds only difference is the size but i guess your right M9 SiG or any other side arm is good for our Jawan

Yeah I know what an overkill means what I really wants to say is that our jawans don't need it. BTW give me a name of one army that issues sidearms to all the soldiers I am damm sure we will not be going to issue sidearms to our soldier(accept officers and SF).
There are many reasons not to give sidearms to all the jawans some of them are as you know that sidearms are given to soldiers basically for continous firing and to operate easilly in tight spaces and since our jawans work in groups rather than alone and with decrease in length of rifles we donot need a sidearm for jawans.

i thought TATA was supposed to provide the hi tech communications stuff, Bullet proof jacket, combat ballistic helmet, night vision goggles even in the pic above it shows the things with a company name like NELCO and TATA

Well I like MKU more than TATA they even have their own nightvison device. Any other company you think can provide us with listed items.
thanks in advance.

Yeah I know what an overkill means what I really wants to say is that our jawans don't need it. BTW give me a name of one army that issues sidearms to all the soldiers I am damm sure we will not be going to issue sidearms to our soldier(accept officers and SF).
There are many reasons not to give sidearms to all the jawans some of them are as you know that sidearms are given to soldiers basically for continous firing and to operate easilly in tight spaces and since our jawans work in groups rather than alone and with decrease in length of rifles we donot need a sidearm for jawans.

US Army gives M9 pistols to its infantry we do the same with ours we just give them older browning hi-power sidearms

Back
Top Bottom