What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

well the thing this if we are issuing RFP it will be for a multi purpose rifle that can go to 7.62 and become a battle rifle/ designated marksmen rifle we go to 6.8 or 6.5mm you get a assaulter has longer distance that 5.56 but less kick than 7.62, you go to 5.56 it can become a carbine thats the thing about multi caliber rifles you can switch the barrels and the cartridge to fit your battlefield needs here are some examples i can think of

if i am a sniper in a platoon i would switch to a 20inch barrel and put 7.62 longer distance and stopping power

if i am a regular riflemen/assaulter 5.56 or even better 6.8 with a 16 14 or 12 inch barrel would do the job

the thing is the IA learned in Sri Lanka that 5.56mm is just as accurate and gives the same amount of stopping power as 7.62 at medium distances i am basing this on a 200-400 meter distance anything beyond that would be the role of the sniper/designated marksmen to do with 7.62

the point is of having a mutli caliber weapon you can adjust to whatever you need to on the battle by simply changing the barrel length and the cartridge from CQB to medium to long distance battle here is the SiG-SG 550 take a look

SG 552 carbine for CQB notice the barrel length is 8.9 inches (good for CQB)

220px-Stgw_90_kurz.jpg

SiG SG 550 sniper barrel length of 25.6 inches (good for sniping designated marksmen role)

images

i hope this has cleared some stuff up for you :)

Thanks for for telling but when did I actually asked for it? Though I didn't knew about that Sri Lankan stuff good to know as I always thought that 7.62 has more stopping power compared to 5.54 no matter whats the range. .And please give the links want to give it a read .

i think you are telling about the acr family it costs at between $2,685–$3,061.00 do your math in rs terms and also atleast 6 lakh rifles
also the multicalibre thing is not tested even
we should go for something like this
fn_scar_l2.jpg
6 LAKHS??? Sir I think it should be you who need to do some maths $1=Rs45 (approx) so in Rs it would be some what around 1.3Lakhs (correct me if wrong) BTW nice pic.:tup:
And what ubgl is this looks cool.:smitten:

my point was that the different barrel lengths serve a different purpose e.g 10 inches barrel or less for CQB 12-16 inch for assaulter/riflemen at medium distances, 18 20 inches or higher for designated marksmen/snipers

I think we should go for a rifle with a barrel length of 18inch and 6.8mm calliber only . As crazzze said we donot know how reliable these multicalliber are. And can issue some marks men rifle in section level. . JUST MY THOUGHT.:wave:

6 LAKHS??? Sir I think it should be you who need to do some maths $1=Rs45 (approx) so in Rs it would be some what around 1.3Lakhs (correct me if wrong) BTW nice pic.:tup:
thats what i am telling that such rate for a service rifle is not possible for ia we should buy lisence produce which is difficult for mag. masada (acr, bushmaster etc) but mignt be possible for a FN gun
or other options are
cz_s805.htm

czech czs805

i think you are telling about the acr family it costs at between $2,685–$3,061.00 do your math in rs terms and also atleast 6 lakh rifles
fn_scar_l2.jpg

these are the SCAR series of rifles made by FN they were built for special forces SCAR= Special operations forces Combat Assault Rifle

fn_scar_l2.jpg

multi caliber will be tested in trials you think any army in the world would just induct a prototype?

I think we should go for a rifle with a barrel length of 18inch and 6.8mm calliber only . As crazzze said we donot know how reliable these multicalliber are. And can issue some marks men rifle in section level. . JUST MY THOUGHT.:wave:

IA requirements are for a multi caliber rifle and how are they not reliable? all you do is change the barrel and cartridge as demonstrated in the masada video and you work from there but if you are talking about a primary assault/battle rifle for regular infantrymen i guess 18 inch 6.8 would not be bad at all

thats what i am telling that such rate for a service rifle is not possible for ia we should buy lisence produce which is difficult for mag. masada (acr, bushmaster etc) but mignt be possible for a FN gun
or other options are
cz_s805.htm

czech czs805

if we do buy a outside rifle it will be license produced by OFB (god i hope they use good quality material) we can license produce any rifle as long as there is TOT

and i like that Czech CS805 and from what i've read on it, it can sport many caliber :)

images

OMG LOOK AT THIS BABY

images

not to mention Czech arms are very reliable they supply IA jawans in Kashmir with 7.62 rifles

i believe i just fell in love :smitten: :smitten: :yahoo: :cheesy: not only can this rifle fire 5.56 it can also fire 7.62x39 and maybe 6.8 sometime in the future!!!!!!!! so its a multi caliber czech rifle which makes it better because czech will transfer all kind of technology and they're arms are reliable!!!!

images

images

images

notice the picatinny rails

if these CZ 805 is mutli caliber and its barrel/cartridge can be quickly changed to sport a different caliber this got my vote!!!! :smokin:

so far i like the Magpul Masada, and the CZ 805
but considerring the price of magpaul masada its not fissible its about 1.3 lakh a piece but the cz805 is a good gun from long ia is testing them(many) for their cqb operations mostly the para's though none of them can come close to xm8 which is a closed project
btw all new insas are comming and ofb is putting stake on kalantak
as far as the multicalibre thing its highly untested see the k11 is also put out of action due to problems and its unfeasible with the army as we can't go such hitech overnight their need to be training do you know a soldier fires nearly 1000 rounds in training only

or other options are
cz_s805.htm

czech czs805
Czech is really a nice option as czech and polish are known to make rifles which are mixture of both American and Russian design so both reliability and modern features and since there market hasn't evolved much so they may give us complete tot at less cost.

Back
Top Bottom