What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

oh.. some other guy posted it

Just wanted to give you the exact name of the variant.

but yeah what rifle you like for F-INSAS ?

Anything which is not a Bullpup.Should be modular and have Full Length Assault Rifle (20" Barrel), Carbine(15"-14" Barrel), Compact Assault Rifle(12"-10" Barrel), DMR (Accurised 20" Barrel) and LMG (Heavy 20" Barrel).The rifle should have common lower receiver.

Just wanted to give you the exact name of the variant.

Anything which is not a Bullpup.Should be modular and have Full Length Assault Rifle (20" Barrel), Carbine(15"-14" Barrel), Compact Assault Rifle(12"-10" Barrel), DMR (Accurised 20" Barrel) and LMG (Heavy 20" Barrel).The rifle should have common lower receiver.

like for example the Czech CZ 805, Magpul Masada, SCAR, and HK416/417 rifles?

I don't know when we will see F-INSAS in our soldiers' possession... its 2011 already and no difference in our infantry from 1999 Kargil war. Having a few special units armed with contemporary (NOT futuristic) weapons is not a mean feat. It is simply covering up darker inefficiencies.

Sir I think alot of things about this F INSAS will become clear only in defence expo2012 we have to wait for it. Now if I am not wrong many things about our forces do have changed since Kargil but sadly nothing in case of our Jawans, they still our illequiped.:cry:

Sir I think alot of things about this F INSAS will become clear only in defence expo2012 we have to wait for it. Now if I am not wrong many things about our forces do have changed since Kargil but sadly nothing in case of our Jawans, they still our illequiped.:cry:

the original INSAS rifles were a POS god only knows how many Nepalese and Indian Jawans were killed in Kargil and battles against maoists still INSAS IMO is substandard the soldiers using it in Kashmir have said its too heavy, only maims enemy not kills them (5.56 round), bright orange camo gives away they're position easily they want better and more stealthy finish on the rifles, during the kargil war there are stories of our Jawans picking up the enemy's AK having to use there rifles like a club or using bayonets because there rifles had malfunctioned i hate to say this but i think the reason why we lost so many men in Kargil was because of the INSAS performance and failures up there

i'm sure F-INSAS rifle (what ever it may be) will fill these gaps and be the rifle the INSAS was not, army needs to give extensive trials to the rifle to make sure it is durable reliable and well suited for our needs

buddy wait till a large media strikes the ia and mod but untill then all this is in paper long away from reality insas is in production though they are trying to change the buttstock and other furniture to classical black also remove some useless but bulky features of insas 1b1
i think the rifle will live atleast 10 next years in ia and numerous more in paramilitaries
also they are always late for the foot soldier not only india but all other nations except a few because they believe in theory of power projection you show off your air power your navy so that nobody attacks you

buddy wait till a large media strikes the ia and mod but untill then all this is in paper long away from reality insas is in production though they are trying to change the buttstock and other furniture to classical black also remove some useless but bulky features of insas 1b1
i think the rifle will live atleast 10 next years in ia and numerous more in paramilitaries
also they are always late for the foot soldier not only india but all other nations except a few because they believe in theory of power projection you show off your air power your navy so that nobody attacks you

true but the purpose of this thread is to examine and discuss all options on the table for us, what ever the Futuristic INfantry Small Arms Systems (F-INSAS) rifle is it needs to be something thats good in all aspects in any conditions in any situation i hope we can make an indigenous one but still we have no idea what kind of rifle will be made whether indigenously, with Israel, or just license producing foreign rifles etc

Well I guess we Shouldn't go for something which just Show shaa on paper but failed to Operate on different environment and condition ,if you take a look around in Country like India.We should select guns which fits some of the basic Criteria

1>Reasonable price and economical on operating.
2>Future prospects in its Growth like it should be able to easily upgrade with new accessories required with changing doctrine.
3>Hassle free and Soldier should feel comfortable to operate during operation.

Here's my choice the Ultimate weapon with reasonable cost and some of the features which are unmatched by anyone .
Ladies and Gentle man ,Please welcome SR-47 Knight
kac-sr47-01.jpg

SR47_0050.jpg

sr47050920vi6.jpg

sr479804959us.jpg

The weapons are based on the M-4/M-4A1 carbine variants of the M-16 assault rifle family, but fire the 7.62 x 39mm Soviet-designed cartridge and magazines used in the AK-47 assault rifle.So we can utilize "battlefield pick-up" AK-47 magazines taken from opponents. :triniti:
But it never enter US army due to problem in operating with M4 5.56 rifle which is standard rifle for US army.

^ Not a really good option.Direct Impingement in 7.62x39mm will cause a lot of fouling.This one of the reasons why this system isn't widely used.Neither do I see any use in this.It's not even compatible with M16/M4 because of different upper and lower receivers.

Not to mention only 7 of these have been made to date.There are many other rifles better than this and even more modular.

How about this:

ADD / Daewoo K11 dual-caliber air-burst weapon (South Korea)

xk11_2.jpg

xk11_1.jpg

Modern Firearms - Daewoo K11

K11 is too heavy and can only fire 5.56 but can fire 20mm grenades as well as u can see in the picture one magazine is for bullets the other for grenades but still its pretty heavy and not what IA will probably get for F-INSAS it has a ballistic management comp in it well very unlikely it can work in temp extremes of india
currently put out of action due to serious considerations of barrel movements and failures well guys accept it

however if they make it work with 6.5 6.8 7.62 rounds it has a shot but the weight problem is still there

K11 is too heavy and can only fire 5.56 but can fire 40mm grenades as well as u can see in the picture one magazine is for bullets the other for grenades but still its pretty heavy and not what IA will probably get for F-INSAS

however if they make it work with 6.5 6.8 7.62 rounds it has a shot but the weight problem is still there

20mm not 40mm.

K11 is too heavy and can only fire 5.56 but can fire 40mm grenades as well as u can see in the picture one magazine is for bullets the other for grenades but still its pretty heavy and not what IA will probably get for F-INSAS

well said along with it pls add
it has a ballistic management comp in it well very unlikely it can work in temp extremes of india
currently put out of action due to serious considerations of barrel movements and failures well guys accept it all these programs of these multicalibres are vain eg. XM29 OICW, AICW,PAPOP etc

20mm not 40mm.

well said along with it pls add
it has a ballistic management comp in it well very unlikely it can work in temp extremes of india
currently put out of action due to serious considerations of barrel movements and failures well guys accept it all these programs of these multicalibres are vain eg. XM29 OICW, AICW,PAPOP etc

k i corrected it

and crazee is right those programs were a huge waste of money for the US i think we should have a rifle that can quickly change barrels and ammo like the Masada if we can modify the Czech CZ 805 rifle to do what the Masada can i think we would be in good shape but adding on the primary caliber for this F-INSAS rifle needs to be 6.8, U.S SOF's have used it and are "very pleased" with its performance

btw cz 805 can change barrels for variety of ammunitions and its a good gun but in view of indias large ofb establishment it is very unlikely that they will go for a license production i think they will go for a bullup design as it is very well accepted in all branches of army the tar 21 is really a good gun i wonder if the start a serial production of a slightly changed version (not the zitara)
the travor 21 has only one problem it can't use our mags it needs STANAG mags so they can modify it but with some difficulty
whereas the cz805 uses mags very simmilar to us
tavor_tar21_l1.jpg

tavor_tar21_l2.jpg

btw cz 805 can change barrels for variety of ammunitions and its a good gun but in view of indias large ofb establishment it is very unlikely that they will go for a license production i think they will go for a bullup design as it is very well accepted in all branches of army the tar 21 is really a good gun i wonder if the start a serial production of a slightly changed version (not the zitara)
the travor 21 has only one problem it can't use our mags it needs STANAG mags so they can modify it but with some difficulty
whereas the cz805 uses mags very simmilar to us
tavor_tar21_l1.jpg

tavor_tar21_l2.jpg

OFB can license produce the Tavors and CZ-805's

and how are bullpups better than regular rifles? the Tavor is more compact but short barreled CZ-805 barrel length can be changed and so can the caliber

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom