What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

btw cz 805 can change barrels for variety of ammunitions and its a good gun but in view of indias large ofb establishment it is very unlikely that they will go for a license production i think they will go for a bullup design as it is very well accepted in all branches of army the tar 21 is really a good gun i wonder if the start a serial production of a slightly changed version (not the zitara)
the travor 21 has only one problem it can't use our mags it needs STANAG mags so they can modify it but with some difficulty
whereas the cz805 uses mags very simmilar to us

CZ805 and INSAS don't have the same magazines which are similar in anyway.They both have proprietary magazines the only thing common between them is that they both are translucent.

OFB can license produce the Tavors and CZ-805's

and how are bullpups better than regular rifles? the Tavor is more compact but short barreled CZ-805 barrel length can be changed and so can the caliber
tavor_tar21_l4.jpg

hope this can clear
though in battlefield you can't do that as you can't add a underbarrel grenade launcher to your weapon you have to go to battalion /brigade weapon mngr. to get it installed and fit a safty pin our forces are only trained to wash and oil the weapons in tavor you can fit no. of barrels to it currently we can fit 4
bullups are really better you get a way better grip after using tavor ak47 and insas both i think tavor are good but it needs many improvements for our use as boyonet you can't fit in these also charge training need to be modified

CZ805 and INSAS don't have the same magazines which are similar in anyway.They both have proprietary magazines the only thing common between them is that they both are translucent.
i told simmilar not same the insas mag is inspired by the steryr aug
her are some pics compare yourself a slight feeder port change can bring it working
DSC05575.jpg

DSC05574.jpg

tavor_tar21_l4.jpg

hope this can clear
though in battlefield you can't do that as you can't add a underbarrel grenade launcher to your weapon you have to go to battalion /brigade weapon mngr. to get it installed and fit a safty pin our forces are only trained to wash and oil the weapons in tavor you can fit no. of barrels to it currently we can fit 4
bullups are really better you get a way better grip after using tavor ak47 and insas both i think tavor are good but it needs many improvements for our use as boyonet you can't fit in these also charge training need to be modified

ok but still the rifle should be able to adjust to the battle fields needs if the soldier needs to take a long shot he can switch to a 18inch barrel and take a long shot if he needs CQB switch to 10 inch barrel etc

the soldier should be able to add any attachments he needs on the battlefield by himself not going to some weapons manager or whatever

ok but still the rifle should be able to adjust to the battle fields needs if the soldier needs to take a long shot he can switch to a 18inch barrel and take a long shot if he needs CQB switch to 10 inch barrel etc

the soldier should be able to add any attachments he needs on the battlefield by himself not going to some weapons manager or whatever
i doubt that is in our designers mind BTW few of my colleagues told they are designing a modular insas

btw cz 805 can change barrels for variety of ammunitions and its a good gun but in view of indias large ofb establishment it is very unlikely that they will go for a license production i think they will go for a bullup design as it is very well accepted in all branches of army the tar 21 is really a good gun i wonder if the start a serial production of a slightly changed version (not the zitara)
the travor 21 has only one problem it can't use our mags it needs STANAG mags so they can modify it but with some difficulty
whereas the cz805 uses mags very simmilar to us
tavor_tar21_l1.jpg

tavor_tar21_l2.jpg
images

images

TAR 21 is a nice rifle and all the soldiers who has used it don,t miss any chance of praising it but I think that TAR21 is not a robust rifle(I can't prove it as link is dead) which should be our primary requirment and it should hoist a 6.8mm calliber . But a bullpup has many advantages as it gives a full length barrel without increasing the overall length of rifle and it is very easy to operate it and change its magzine.:smokin:

Though I know we may not buy cz 805 but I really like this rifle and it will also hoist a 6.8mm in future. here are some specs-
Caliber: 5.56x45 mm NATO, 7.62x39 M43 interchangeable; also 6.8x43 Rem SPC proposed in near future
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 910 mm (butt extended)
Barrel length: 360 mm standard, other lengths available
Weight: 3.6 kg less magazine and accessories
Rate of fire: ~ 700 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 20, 30 or 100 rounds

The CZ 805 assault rifle was first introduced to the public in 2009, as a possible future replacement for aged Sa. Vz. 58 assault rifles still in use by Czech armed forces. According to the recent news, early in 2010 the CZ 805 was selected as a next standard military rifle for Czech armed forces, with production contract issued to the famous Czech arms factory CZ-UB in the city of Uhersky Brod. It is quite possible that CZ 805 rifles also will be offered for export, either in military (select-fire) or in civilian (semi-automatic only) versions.
The CZ 805 (which is apparently dubbed as "CZ 805 BREN A1" in Czech sources) is a modular weapon of modern appearance. In its layout it is somewhat similar to the Belgian FN SCAR assault rifle (against which CZ 805 competed and won in Czech army trials), but similarity is not exact and there are significant design differences between these two weapon systems.

The CZ 805 assault rifle is of modular, multi-caliber design, with aluminum alloy upper receiver and polymer lower receiver / fire control unit. The magazine housing is a separate detachable unit, which can be replaced in the field in the course of caliber change. CZ 805 also features quick-change barrels, allowing to change calibers and barrel lengths according to the mission profile (in each caliber there there are short carbine barrel, standard barrel and long "marksman" or "squad automatic" barrel). The basic action uses fairy common piston-operated gas action with manual gas regulator, and a rotating bolt locking. For each proposed caliber, there is a separate bolt with appropriate dimensions.
Fire control unit includes ambidextrous safety / fire selector switch, which permits single shots, 2-round bursts and full automatic fire. Charging handle can be installed on either side of the gun, depending on user preferences.
Feed is from detachable box magazines, which are inserted into detachable magazine housing. In standard configuration, the CZ 805 will use proprietary 5.56x45 caliber 30-round magazines made of translucent polymer. Other magazine housings will allow use of STANAG or HK G36 5.56mm magazines, as well as various 7.62x39 and 6.8x43 magazines.
CZ 805 assault rifle is fitted with integral Picatinny rail on the top of receiver, with additional rails running on the sides and the bottom of the forend. Rifle will be issued with folding iron sights, and will also accept a wide variety of additional sighting equipment (red-dot or telescope day sights, night sights, lasers etc). Rifle is equipped with side-folding buttstock, which is adjustable for length of pull, and can be completely removed if maximum compactness is required. Additional equipment also includes new, specially designed 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher CZ G 805 and also a new knife-bayonet.:sniper:

Sir nice thought but acctually it is very difficult as when any soldier fires his weapon its barrel and fire mechanism becomes very hot which makes it very difficult to change barrels and during firring the barrel becomes the house of pressurised gases which further makes it impossible , even if these probelms are countered even then still there is always a probability of human error espacially in battlefield. The reason why army wants a multi calliber rifle is so that they can change calliber before any misson like a 7.62mm in plains of punjab and 5.54mm for cqb in kashmir.Your thought is nice but practically not possible correct me if wrong.:cheers:

Please can anyone tell how to upload pictures out here
thax in advance.

Sir nice thought but acctually it is very difficult as when any soldier fires his weapon its barrel and fire mechanism becomes very hot which makes it very difficult to change barrels and during firring the barrel becomes the house of pressurised gases which further makes it impossible , even if these probelms are countered even then still there is always a probability of human error espacially in battlefield. The reason why army wants a multi calliber rifle is so that they can change calliber before any misson like a 7.62mm in plains of punjab and 5.54mm for cqb in kashmir.Your thought is nice but practically not possible correct me if wrong.:cheers:

5.56 has some drawbacks thats why the 6.8 and 6.5 rounds were created US special forces were given the 6.8mm and they were "very pleased" with it as the round as better stopping power than 5.56

the IA and Rashtriya rifles use Czech 7.62 rifles in Kashmir for the stopping power they give because 5.56 maims enemies but does not kill them

Sa_58-JH04.jpg

and soldiers would not touch a hot barrel of there gun they would wait until it is cooled then replace if it's necessary like i said the primary caliber for this F-INSAS needs to be 6.8

Please can anyone tell how to upload pictures out here
thax in advance.

right click on the image then click on copy image url... then in the post box on the top there is a tab where you can change fonts bold sizes etc click on insert image then post the URL of the pic make sure you remove the HTTP first though thats what i do so the link does not come out to be weird

800px_sar21lw-tfb1.jpg

dsc00475f.jpg

dsc00476jt.jpg

Hey guys this is SAR21 which was supposed to be the base rifle design on which our new carbine was supposed to be based. on this rfile was made by singapore firm STK but after it got blacklisted the project got stranded. Any more info on this????:what:

Back
Top Bottom