What's new

F-35 Nearly Six Years Away, Pakistan Buys F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
if pakistan want f-35 ...its ok lest consider us approved your proposal for f-35 ( very rare chance because of china) so its production starts in 2015 or 16 but problem is that for next 10 to 15 it goes for NATO states that contributes for project (more than 500 f35 being ordered by different countries )

by that time i think your chinies frnds hav jxx.

If offered Pakistan should grab the moment without second thought.

So far i have seen indians concerned about the price but let me ask a hypothetical question........ if for any reason US offer Pakistan F-35 and for any reason Pakistan choose it ...... and decide to raiase one squarden of F-35 would it be acceptable for indians?

^yeap, exactly what i was thinking..

PAF, please induct this beautiful beast. We willing to forgo our two time meal for this sexy beast, we are willing to donate our 75% salary every month for this super jet...
4557065061_2486c0e86f_o.jpg

$192mn is not surprising given how PAF is paying $83mn for each Block-52+...in general, Western fighters are just getting pricier and pricier. No one is saying that the F-35 must be a core and final solution for the PAF, it must also invest in another project with China. However, I think a limited number of F-35s (18~36 fighters) may be pursued in 2020-2025 to replace the Peace Gate-I/II F-16s. Starting from 2030-2035, the PAF could begin replacing its oldest JF-17 with an indigenously built solution.

Now this is a classical example of what should i say hmmm dream thread.lol.

guys Yanks even get nightmares selling us F-16s and you guys are just well so funny.

Bijli ha nahi ghar ma aur chalay ha F-35 kharidnay.lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2003-2004, we also heard people say the same thing about new-built F-16s.

But then this came:
http://www.dsca.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2006/Pakistan_06-09.pdf

...and then this:
YouTube - =HD= 1st Flight PAF F-16 Block 52+ (Pakistan 2010)

Never say never.

Oh for ALLAH sake spare me from Youtube Propaganda.Seriously i am sick of seeing all these toys of destruction.

Mosquitoes are biting me presently because there is no electricity for 2 hours now and i am browsing using netbook and evo.and don't forget this is not some remote village but one of the most central cities of Pakistan.

Our Priorities have been wrong from day 1.

$192mn is not surprising given how PAF is paying $83mn for each Block-52+...in general, Western fighters are just getting pricier and pricier. No one is saying that the F-35 must be a core and final solution for the PAF, it must also invest in another project with China. However, I think a limited number of F-35s (18~36 fighters) may be pursued in 2020-2025 to replace the Peace Gate-I/II F-16s. Starting from 2030-2035, the PAF could begin replacing its oldest JF-17 with an indigenously built solution.

Not sure what the export price would be on the F-35. But the U.S. cost is close to the same as a new F-16 built today.

“The unit recurring flyaway cost for the most common version of the F-35 will be about $60 million in today's dollars. That's roughly what the latest variants of the F-16 and F/A-18 fighters cost"

Oh for ALLAH sake spare me from Youtube Propaganda.Seriously i am sick of seeing all these toys of destruction.

Mosquitoes are biting me presently because there is no electricity for 2 hours now and i am browsing using netbook and evo.and don't forget this is not some remote village but one of the most central cities of Pakistan.

Our Priorities have been wrong from day 1.
Since day 1, we had feudal lords in power, lived off the corrupted and Islamically wrong capitalist economic system, had the elites distribute the people's wealth among themselves and not with the public, etc. Dotting off a few weapons from the military's modernization plan is NOT going to change the situation on the ground, it just distracts us from the root problems such as corruption, neo-liberalism, man legislating based on their whims and desires, etc.

Last edited:
I think it is totally out of reach currently for pakistan to get something like the F-35. When you induct a new aircraft you just don't buy it at whatever price the aircraft is. You have to purchase lots of extras like spare parts and training equipment etc etc. These also have to be inducted in a decent number to make it worth the cost. JF-17 is very new and money still has to go to the production and upkeep and upgrade of all these. That along with the FC-20 which like the F-35 the same concept applies although less i would think because Pakistan has done work with China and since it is also a 4th gen aircraft. F-35 is out of reach for a while.

The combination of missed schedules, technical problems and, most importantly, reports of skyrocketing costs gained the F-35 a lot of unwanted attention and the perception that it's a deeply troubled program.

That's not the case, say Lockheed Martin officials, who insist that the cascade of reports about problems and soaring costs is at best exaggerated and often wrong.

"These things get blown out of proportion," Steve O'Bryan, Lockheed's F-35 vice president of business development, said in an interview.

The cost issue, in particular, is a sore spot for Lockheed officials, who have winced repeatedly in recent weeks over government cost estimates that could undermine political support for the F-35.

Defense Department number crunchers, in a recent report to Congress, said the 2,457 jets that the U.S. government plans to buy will cost an average of $97.1 million each, or $133.6 million including inflation. And both of those numbers, the report says, are optimistic -- the next, better estimate could exceed $150 million per aircraft.

That's baloney, O'Bryan said. "We feel that, dealing with actuals [production data] and costs, we know how much each jet is going to cost."

And how much is that? Well, it depends.

A document that Lockheed provided to friends, allies and the Star-Telegram says the F-35A model, the cheapest and simplest version, will on average cost about $60 million each in today's dollars. That would make the Navy and Marine Corps versions of the F-35 (680 planes) $80 million to $85 million each on average, based on the Pentagon estimates.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04/23 ... -cost.html

LM vs U.S. Government who will win ? I wouldn't take what LM says too seriously their marketing department is in overdrive. We will see the numbers once the fighters start rolling in.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military/jan-june10/defense_04-21.html
Interesting video here.

Last edited:
I think it is totally out of reach currently for pakistan to get something like the F-35. When you induct a new aircraft you just don't buy it at whatever price the aircraft is. You have to purchase lots of extras like spare parts and training equipment etc etc. These also have to be inducted in a decent number to make it worth the cost. JF-17 is very new and money still has to go to the production and upkeep and upgrade of all these. That along with the FC-20 which like the F-35 the same concept applies although less i would think because Pakistan has done work with China and since it is also a 4th gen aircraft. F-35 is out of reach for a while.

Buddy take a look at this
Military officials discuss F-35 fighter on Capitol Hill
Also bad or good economic situation doesnt always remain the same.Yesterday till 2007 our GDP was one of the fastest growing in asia.beating india,south korea,indonesia etc but now its at snails pace but tht is stopping us from buying advanced weapons and in future Inshallah our economy will revive to its original condition as things are getting better so getting such weapons wont be of so much concerns.Thanks

Buddy take a look at this
Military officials discuss F-35 fighter on Capitol Hill
Also bad or good economic situation doesnt always remain the same.Yesterday till 2007 our GDP was one of the fastest growing in asia.beating india,south korea,indonesia etc but now its at snails pace but tht is stopping us from buying advanced weapons and in future Inshallah our economy will revive to its original condition as things are getting better so getting such weapons wont be of so much concerns.Thanks

Don't get me wrong i hope Pakistan gets a 5th gen fighter as fast as possible but currently programs are already in place to replace older aircraft. I don't think Pakistan is looking ahead of that for the F-35 and other next gen platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom