What's new

F-35 Nearly Six Years Away, Pakistan Buys F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
:disagree:
Just to remind you, this is not the era of Mongols.

Today economy is the sharpest weapon and it can slash through any armor. A strong defense would not help the economy, it would only destroy it. Whereas a strong economy would enable powerful defenses.

F-35 is not a toy that can be bought just like that. You have to pay a lot for these. Its okay of you are ready to pay double the tax for it. But I doubt you would be able to afford it.

Its not the govt that buys those stuff, its the people of the nation. Its the money out of your pockets that is used to buy these. Millions are evading taxes today. That shows how much they want to spend it for this cause. If you want the govt to buy these then pay your taxes and encourage people to do the same. Donate to govt. Work for it. Making bold statements here won't get you F-35 home delivered.

These kind of sentences only suits in books... Reality is way different...

Take example of your country, more than 37% of India’s population of 1.35 billion still lives below the poverty line and 15% of the urban population of India exists in this difficult physical and financial predicament. Still ur government is spending such a huge amount on money.....
Surely they may have got this lesson from ISLAM.

Take example of your country, more than 37% of India’s population of 1.35 billion still lives below the poverty line and 15% of the urban population of India exists in this difficult physical and financial predicament. Still ur government is spending such a huge amount on money.....

You remember the poverty part but forgot to mention an economy of $1.22 trillion. Its the power of economy that we have achieved this, not the other way around.

But it seems you don't want to understand. Anyways your wish.

Who decides he poverty line? Don't give me a figure in dollars. Any family below the poverty line gets 35 kg wheat /35 kg rice at Rs. 2 per kg!!
Free health care, free education. The right to education plan has just been launched recently.
We are on the right track, on all fronts, not just defence!!

We don't mix state and religion, thats why things are working for us.

The tone of the title is such as if PAF was going to buy F-35 but due to delays by LM PAF is forced to go for F16. :rofl::rofl:

Even the countries which are partners in the program are not being able to afford these planes and here we are talking about PAF buying these.

Not even India can afford these planes.
The unit cost with weapons package and spares, maintenance goes over $250 million. That means even to raise two squadrons you need to dish out at least $10 billion

PAF can look into these planes but not in the next two decades. Just like PAF is getting F16 now, so late, may be it will get JSF too but only when half the world would have bought it too.

Please make sure the article, at least the title is realistic and not from Alice in Wonderland.

Don't worry Jagjitnatt,

we always achieved something that others thought we can never do it. We do get things from one hand or another :lol: If PAF can't afford to buy these planes we shall get it from United States military aid, if not enough Saudis will pay for us, if not enough let chinese shower some $$$ on us :rofl:

The ultimate goal is to buy these planes and if ever demand arises we shall buy it. I always wondered where did we brought money to build such a strong military force. Just wait and see the miracles happening in the future also :lol:

You remember the poverty part but forgot to mention an economy of $1.22 trillion. Its the power of economy that we have achieved this, not the other way around.

Ahh, it is only hyped, nothing more. if this is the case then why india is among poors??

But also keep in mind the huge population of India. We have around 7.5 times less population than India and around same times of economy less than India.

Now see India planning to buy 200 5th generation aircrafts in future, MRCA, SU-30s etc etc can't we afford only 2 squadrons of 5th generation aircraft? :lol:

Let the time comes u will see money coming from one way or another. Whether its from our own pockets or from others pocket if ever demand arises we will buy it :rofl:

Ahh, it is only hyped, nothing more. if this is the case then why india is among poors??

India is not among the poor, it is among the developing countries, countries where the number of poor people are decreasing rapidly and standards of life is increasing.

We can all feel the change.

10 years back, I struggled to own a PC.
Today I have 4 PCs, all hardcore filled to the brim. 2 cars, bikes, 4 storey mansion in a posh area.

Where we were just worth 15-20 lacs in 2000, today we are worth 1.7 crores.

Similar is the story of everyone else. The story of 1 billion of us. Things are improving and no one in the world can deny. This is the reason people believe that India will become a superpower.

India is not among the poor, it is among the developing countries, countries where the number of poor people are decreasing rapidly and standards of life is increasing.

Today I have 4 PCs, all hardcore filled to the brim. 2 cars, bikes, 4 storey mansion in a posh area.

Similar is the story of everyone else. The story of 1 billion of us. Things are improving and no one in the world can deny. This is the reason people believe that India will become a superpower.

:haha::haha::haha:

Don't worry Jagjitnatt,

we always achieved something that others thought we can never do it. We do get things from one hand or another :lol: If PAF can't afford to buy these planes we shall get it from United States military aid, if not enough Saudis will pay for us, if not enough let chinese shower some $$$ on us :rofl:

The ultimate goal is to buy these planes and if ever demand arises we shall buy it. I always wondered where did we brought money to build such a strong military force. Just wait and see the miracles happening in the future also :lol:

The bold part above might be the reason why Pakistan will not get F-35 in future.

So, are you trying to tell us that 37% of indian population is under poverty is fake. And if everyone else had the same story(Today I have 4 PCs, all hardcore filled to the brim. 2 cars, bikes, 4 storey mansion in a posh area. ) with you in india then you are already a developed supersuperpower country and definitely greater and powerful than US.:lol: Could you please stop talking like this?

F35 in PAF.

in 6 to 10 Years.

NOW THAT WUD BE A SHOCK

Storm Force...F-35 Nearly Six Years Away, implying PAF would be able to evaluate..
PAF has been a customer of Lockheed Martin..As F-16 production line closes us wouldn't want to lose an old customer for continual business they need current valuable customers F-35 will be available, or can be surprised after F-16 what is there PAF can buy supposing F-35 is not available due to long standing customers, perhaps F-18 Super hornets are offered at a stage after demise of F-16 production line after 2016-2018.

I remember the days when people were saying things like, "PAF will never get Block-52+...", or "JF-17 will never fly/enter service"...or "Sweden will never sell Erieye". But then, how did things turn out? In any case, the F-35 is geared for export, and if PAF were to openly pursue a 5th-generation fighter, it will be somewhere on the list - regardless of all the 'blah blah' against American equipment.

I don't doubt that PAF will contact China for a 5th-generation solution, but I don't think it will enter production before 2030-2035 given the fact that JF-17 is just entering service and that FC-20 is still in testing. However, can PAF afford to wait until then for a 5th gen fighter? Probably not, and until its own favourable solution comes to the fore, it will need to pursue available options - and F-35 is or will be one of them.
I'm a big opponent of purchases from the US, however this is the only thing I would make an exception for, although thats a different argument if China can go into J-XX production in 2020 as the American intelligence once quoted.

If we get a hold 5th generation planes say in 2025 (about the time India might be getting their PAK-FA solution), life won't be all that bad.

To me the F-16 purchase just wasn't smart, J-10s would've been better.

Moreover I think we need to also be concerned about 6th Gen fighters, full fledged UCAVs. At some point we will have to make our own fighters so we need to spend some cash on our universities and make sure the graduates from there come out with the skills that will allow them to carry out their R&D on making our own gear.

Back to the Topic.

At $192m each F35 ARE about 14 times the price tag of a Thunder
7 x the price tag of a F16

AND 5 X THE PRICE OF A J10.

F18S/H maybe a better more realistic option. in 2016

but aren,t PAF buying J10 then & 2nd batch of Thunders. ABOUT 2015 TIMEFRAME

A annual budget of about $1 billion for the air force can only go SO FAR

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom