What's new

F-35 Nearly Six Years Away, Pakistan Buys F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong i hope Pakistan gets a 5th gen fighter as fast as possible but currently programs are already in place to replace older aircraft. I don't think Pakistan is looking ahead of that for the F-35 and other next gen platforms.

Well im not saying its the state policy to buy em right now.but it is a posibilty to counter russian-ind PAK-FA.
And we all know tht when indians buy something we do the same to counter them be it F-16 against there SU-30s or F-35 against there PAK-FA.only time will tell.as mark said its quiet a realistic thing.
Also about replacing old platform bro thts currently underway in form of JF-17s and there future planned versions.+

Well im not saying its the state policy to buy em right now.but it is a posibilty to counter russian-ind PAK-FA.
And we all know tht when indians buy something we do the same to counter them be it F-16 against there SU-30s or F-35 against there PAK-FA.only time will tell.as mark said its quiet a realistic thing.
Also about replacing old platform bro thts currently underway in form of JF-17s and there future planned versions.+

I guess it would depend on when the order from India is put in for the PAK-FA and if it takes a while to get the aircraft into production that would increase Pakistan's chances of getting the F-35. The FC-20 is still slated for a 2014-15 delivery date right ? That could open the door for the F-35 soon after that date.

I guess it would depend on when the order from India is put in for the PAK-FA and if it takes a while to get the aircraft into production that would increase Pakistan's chances of getting the F-35. The FC-20 is still slated for a 2014-15 delivery date right ? That could open the door for the F-35 soon after that date.
Exactly right.....
But PAF is smart and are looking for future requirements while keeping in mind the changing enviorment of the region...as well all know tht they(PAF) will do anything to counter PAK-FA which is atleast another decade ahead......im not saying the US fighter is the ultimate choice of PAF the J series will also be an open in case Pak-fa is inducted earlier or F-35 programe suffers some problem.
Things keep changing for example the delayed MRCA deal of india.Plus its rumoured tht Pakistan is testing FC-20s and the final induction of J10B or FC-20 (with western avionics and armaments) may depend on it...keeping in mind the statements of defence minister of Pakistan about getting TOT of FC-20s and other rumors and comments on international defence news sites.

To Whome it may Concern:

a) US will not offer any stealth plane to any country unless it , it self has means to detect and defeat stealth platform

b) Pakistan is not even top of the line country who are destined to get
The joint strike fighter.

We did not even get Sentry or F15Eages like Saudis did

Should we wait 6 years to learn we have to wait another 8 years combined wait of
14 years 2024

We are better off , solidifying our conventional airforce first

F16 C/D 100 + Units with spare parts
Thunder 300 units with spare and upgrades AESA
J10B 100 units to replace mirage

and
Rafale 30 units

If we can have this combination we are pretty solid Airforce -

Stealth is a new technologies but I am sure in 8 years time we will be looking for our first 12 Stealth bombers/fighters

Last edited:
One more thing, i have heard that F-22 required maintainance after almost every takeoff and landing, if the F-35 requires the same than i don't think Pakistan can afford them.

One more thing, i have heard that F-22 required maintainance after almost every takeoff and landing, if the F-35 requires the same than i don't think Pakistan can afford them.

every dual engine aircraft need maintainance after every sortie..
that is why Pakistan is refraining from buying dual engine aircrats but only untill 2020.. PAF will need air superiority fighters after something around 2018-20, so great chance for F35.

:pop::pop::pop:

Last edited:
do you want to say that Pakistan will sit back as a good boy watching india inducting PAK FA,,,??:blink:

Man! defence should be the top priority, even ISLAM emphasizes on preparation of war to maintain peace, even than our economy can flourish.

If enemy saw any weakness in our defense, they will surly exploit it. Then bye bye to economy..

But when u even dun have money then how the hell you will buy F-35 tell me?

Its good to bring up thousands of reasons for buying it but without money its impossible

Its similar to giving you 50thousand rupees and asking you to buy a Honda Civic car with it so you can compete in your society lol

F-22 requires more than 30 hours of maintenance for every flight hour, with the total cost per flight hour of $44,000.However, a Lockheed spokesman says that the variable cost per flight hour is only $19,000

f 35?? india ki jaan nikal jae ge.:hitwall:. they even cant take few f16 procurement for paf i wonder what will happen if Pakistan really get hold on raptor or jsf. indians will die of heart attack :pakistan:

on topic f 35 will not be purchased by any time soon that is for sure our economy dont allow this and some other international strategic issues as well.

Last week we were all discussing F16 would be the last major USA fighter PAF should buy cause they sanction pakistan and are suking up to India selling F16/60/ F18S/H and aegis combat systems etc.

THIS WEEK only 7 days later WE WANT TO BUY or shoukld consider a $200m
F35

Thats some turn round in 7 days.

WAT ABOUT THE SANCTIONS threat ??????????

JSF is not needed its too much for our needs we are ok with 100 F15C/D if we have that for basic airforce needs

PAF current needs will change when PAK-FA is inducted by IAF, which
is a matter of fact.

PAF will actively seek a fifth gen, its in Pakistans nature and interests, allways has been.

Guys here saying its too expensive....How much will 2 billion get you? About 8 JSF....so thats 8 fighters with 8 nukes loaded to knock out 8 Indian cities....I can only name about 5 big indian cities...Excuse the scenario, but the idea is to maintain a minimum deterance, always has been Pakistans philosophy, even with just 8 or even 4 JSF, India would be jittery. You don't need to spend 10 billion to achieve minimum deterance.

Well Stealth planes are complete waste of time for us right now

a) We can't manage such planes
b) We don't have access to such technology
c) These planes are not completed yet

So either way , we should focus on traditional force first as we can control them , the numbers we can produce , and performance parameters ourselves.

Stealth plane will get inducted in 3 years in China, and may be in 7-8 years we will have options to consider 4-5 planes for our needs

Stealth is best used for nuke deliveriese

At the moment F-16 is batter then F-35.....
As F-16 is tested in real time adventures......where as F-35 still needs to be tested for flights tests....and real time adventure is little more far away :)

Go PAF with F-16's :D

f 35?? india ki jaan nikal jae ge.:hitwall:. they even cant take few f16 procurement for paf i wonder what will happen if Pakistan really get hold on raptor or jsf. indians will die of heart attack :pakistan:

on topic f 35 will not be purchased by any time soon that is for sure our economy dont allow this and some other international strategic issues as well.

dAY time dreams man usa offer india for f35 if india go for f16in not u
so for what india cry... your 36f16blk52:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom