What's new

F-35 and the UAI feature

moon_light

New Recruit

Reaction score
I have heard that all F-35 will have a new feature called the UAI that will allow any weapon of any countries to be incorporate onto the aircraft without requiring major changes to each aircraft's operational-flight-program (OFP) software:undecided: does that also mean in theory the F-35 can carry even russian missile :what:
Japan is buying F-35 and they also developing the ASM-3 so do you think F-35 be able to carry and use ASM-3 ( that may be the reason why the japanese want their F-35 to be able to carry weapon externally )
all-about-military.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/japans-asm-3-supersonic-anti-ship.html

:) one more question , if the UAI feature works like advertising so that mean the F-35 can even carry old missile like ASM-135 , AGM-69 or AIM-54 ( externally:P i mean ) :rolleyes: is that right ( of course i know these missiles are retired but u know just in theory :tongue:) F-35 can even carry the STROM shadow which is 5.1 metter long with weight of 2711.7 lbs so i dont think size and weight really a problem
sorry for my bad english

I have heard that all F-35 will have a new feature called the UAI that will allow any weapon of any countries to be incorporate onto the aircraft without requiring major changes to each aircraft's operational-flight-program (OFP) software:undecided: does that also mean in theory the F-35 can carry even russian missile :what:
Japan is buying F-35 and they also developing the ASM-3 so do you think F-35 be able to carry and use ASM-3 ( that may be the reason why the japanese want their F-35 to be able to carry weapon externally )
all-about-military.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/japans-asm-3-supersonic-anti-ship.html

Integration of Japanese weapons should not be issue as long as Japanese company produce their weapon and with UAI standard. New weapons will be plug and play if weapon interface program is written in UAI standard.
F35 requires that you weapon comply with UAI standard.
Plug-and-Play Strike Weapons
The UAI standard allows for a common language between F-35 and whatever weapon is integrated on it. It will be a true plug and play standard for weapons on F-35:D
All the weapon has to do is to communicate using a a uniform set of data to the UAI interface.
In principle an air launched weapon is the same as new mobile phone for the computer That uses the standard interface to communicate with the computer that should have its own driver.

Of course Japanese can use weapon which is developed according to UAI standard .
Otherwise Else they have to wait further blocks according to missile interface standard. In the second case, they need the permission of U.S.A for the modification of f35 if thier missile interface is not according to UAI.

Integration of Japanese weapons should not be issue as long as Japanese company produce their weapon and with UAI standard. New weapons will be plug and play if weapon interface program is written in UAI standard.
F35 requires that you weapon comply with UAI standard.

The UAI standard allows for a common language between F-35 and whatever weapon is integrated on it. It will be a true plug and play standard for weapons on F-35:D
All the weapon has to do is to communicate using a a uniform set of data to the UAI interface.
In principle an air launched weapon is the same as new mobile phone for the computer That uses the standard interface to communicate with the computer that should have its own driver.

Of course Japanese can use weapon which is developed according to UAI standard .
Otherwise Else they have to wait further blocks according to missile interface standard. In the second case, they need the permission of U.S.A for the modification of f35 if thier missile interface is not according to UAI.
:undecided: so basically instead of changing the software of the F-35 to make it able to accommodate new weapons , they just write the new weapons software by UAI standard right :agree: :sick: the F-35 still can't carry any weapon that software was not written in UAI standard
:undecided: not so cool:tongue:

:) one more question , if the UAI feature works like advertising so that mean the F-35 can even carry old missile like ASM-135 , AGM-69 or AIM-54 ( externally:P i mean ) :rolleyes: is that right ( of course i know these missiles are retired but u know just in theory :tongue:) F-35 can even carry the STROM shadow which is 5.1 metter long with weight of 2711.7 lbs so i dont think size and weight really a problem
sorry for my bad english

At present, F-35 can only carry two known long range cruise missiles at internal payloads which is being developed out of USA borders.

One is Kongsberg's NSM/JSM missile.

74ed4ebc3643b51bbcbee878c4d451c278e353c2_big.jpg

Other is Tubitak SAGE SOM, Turkey

getAsset.aspx

At present, F-35 can only carry two known long range cruise missiles at internal payloads which is being developed out of USA borders.

One is Kongsberg's NSM/JSM missile.

Other is Tubitak SAGE SOM, Turkey

actually iam talking about external carrier

:undecided: so basically instead of changing the software of the F-35 to make it able to accommodate new weapons , they just write the new weapons software by UAI standard right :agree: :sick: the F-35 still can't carry any weapon that software was not written in UAI standard
:undecided: not so cool:tongue:
Yes This should promote the home A2A weapons into UAI(Universal Armaments Interface) standards specially for f35 customers . For the countries who purchased A2A weapons even with UAI standard, still Depends on the TOT or TOS whether the "X" country allows its missile to be used on other fighter jet.

Back
Top Bottom