What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Very interesting work of fiction.
Do not see any fiction in the article, since all these components are available or are already feasible, besides , no one knows for sure what block 2 will look like or what would the changes be.

Have a look at these conformal tanks and other changes:
3d048a8060940db41f5c0248932b37d7.jpg

versus
205bc02e2cbe96bb1447df9dd75c8a97.jpg

And this
fca82dd62d8615c8e69c21cf8dc81f6a.jpg

Some changes to the structure and the exterior of the plane are obvious.

I can see three variants.

Last edited:
Do not see any fiction in the article, since all these components are available or are already feasible, besides , no one knows for sure what block 2 will look like or what would the changes be.

Have a look at these conformal tanks and other changes:
View attachment 128577

versus
View attachment 128578

And this
View attachment 128579

Some changes to the structure and the exterior of the plane are obvious.

I can see three variants.

Sure, if fantasy photoshop was to be considered as the official development path.

Sure, if fantasy photoshop was to be considered as the official development path.

Sorry about the photo-shops, but a bit realistic considering all the speculations going on the upgrades. We'll see the real upgrades when block 2 appears.

...PAF proposed initiative to export JF-17 Thunder to some prospective buyer states, which, the PAF sources claim, have taken 'keen interest' in purchasing the aircraft from the Pakistani armed force. Of these states, the officials said, intense deliberations are under way with Turkey, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
"There are a few other states, mostly less developing ones, with which the negotiations are at a preliminary stage," the insiders informed, adding that the PAF, if continuously supported by the government in terms of resisting the international pressure, would be able to export the JF-17 Thunder in the coming years.
"There has been enormous international pressure coming from some developed states that oppose exporting JF-17 Thunder project. It's up to the government to withstand these kinds of pressures and the PAF will be able to launch the aircraft exports in the coming times, a couple of years at least," a senior PAF official stated...

PAF to brief PM on JF-17 export today

This news is persistent throughout the net.

Hi,

So---Brazil decides to buy the Grippen NG today----36 of them---and guess what----25% are going to be 2 seaters.

I think that has also been one of the factors in not making a sale for the JF 17.

PAF reminds me of the late Mr Soichiro Honda----he did not believe in a 6 cylinder Honda----. He stood firm for a 4 cylinder engine on Hondas for as long as he was alive----his belief was that 4 cy has enough power for every job.

Technically he may have been right---but in the buying publics mind---he was wrong. So---right after he passed away---Honda came out with 6 cylinder engine for its cars----. 6 Cylinder Honda vans and suv's are amongst the best selling.

PAF has to have flexibility in its design----. They have twin seater F 16's---they must have twin seater Jf 17's as well.

Bottomline----2 in an aircraft are better than one.

Hi,

So---Brazil decides to buy the Grippen NG today----36 of them---and guess what----25% are going to be 2 seaters.

I think that has also been one of the factors in not making a sale for the JF 17.

PAF reminds me of the late Mr Soichiro Honda----he did not believe in a 6 cylinder Honda----. He stood firm for a 4 cylinder engine on Hondas for as long as he was alive----his belief was that 4 cy has enough power for every job.

Technically he may have been right---but in the buying publics mind---he was wrong. So---right after he passed away---Honda came out with 6 cylinder engine for its cars----. 6 Cylinder Honda vans and suv's are amongst the best selling.

PAF has to have flexibility in its design----. They have twin seater F 16's---they must have twin seater Jf 17's as well.

Bottomline----2 in an aircraft are better than one.

JF-17 developed to fulfill Pakistan air force requirement though Pakistan wants to sell JF-17 to foreign customer they are reluctant/late to develop twin seater version as they are satisfied with one seater in their own Air force yet they dreaming to sell this Aircraft who would like to see some twin seater as trainer .I think this was blunder i Pakistan should developed both kind altogether to meat the potential customer .

JF-17 developed to fulfill Pakistan air force requirement though Pakistan wants to sell JF-17 to foreign customer they are reluctant/late to develop twin seater version as they are satisfied with one seater in their own Air force yet they dreaming to sell this Aircraft who would like to see some twin seater as trainer .I think this was blunder i Pakistan should developed both kind altogether to meat the potential customer .

Hi,

It is a misconception that a twin seater is a trainer---which it is not----. It is a strike aircraft with all the bells and whistles. Now---it can be used as trainer if need be----but it is still a full fledged warrior in its own form and shape.

Hi,

It is a misconception that a twin seater is a trainer---which it is not----. It is a strike aircraft with all the bells and whistles. Now---it can be used as trainer if need be----but it is still a full fledged warrior in its own form and shape.
jf-17-two-seat.png
p1523580.jpg

yea i know yet Pakistan ignore the development of a twin seater for JF-17.

Last edited:
I recently read an article which said a lot of countries were asking for a twin seater version so Pakistan is taking steps towards that now

I heard China is not supportive of twin seat JF-17. Pakistan needs to stick with one seater JF-17.
I've heard that as well, maybe most of the fuselage for that will be designed and made in Pakistan?

I heard China is not supportive of twin seat JF-17. Pakistan needs to stick with one seater JF-17.

A twin seat version of the JF-17 is totally useless, since the JF-17 is not made for ground strike missions, usually twin seat planes are made to help pilots on ground strike missions to focus, where the pilot focuses on flying the plane, and the co-pilot mission is to launch the attack. But the JF-17 will be totally useless on ground strike missions, since their load is very low, using them in ground strikes is useless.

*that's just my opinion

A twin seat version of the JF-17 is totally useless, since the JF-17 is not made for ground strike missions, usually twin seat planes are made to help pilots on ground strike missions to focus, where the pilot focuses on flying the plane, and the co-pilot mission is to launch the attack. But the JF-17 will be totally useless on ground strike missions, since their load is very low, using them in ground strikes is useless.

*that's just my opinion

Hi,

Supposedly the 1st batch of 50 aircraft is for ground strike mission.

*that's just my opinion
JF-17 has become more of a Pakistan project rather than joint venture.

Back
Top Bottom