What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Because of the PAF requirement,even if it fail to get a export customer.it still will be a Successful project with atleast 150 confirmed for PAF

I heard China is not supportive of twin seat JF-17. Pakistan needs to stick with one seater JF-17.

but i heard different that pak is not interested in twin seater anyways time has not gone yet Pakistan should now develop a twin seater version too.

Sirjee, technically block-1 is only good for ADA since it only carries WVR and dumb-bombs
Sir its not true.it has got all kinds of precision guided munitions cuz when op rah e raast was being conducted,JFT was used to drop laser guided bombs on the terrorists.Thats when Gillani,the then P.M said that pakistan has used most of its laser guided bombs.
P.S:I dont know why u posted such a thing cuz even the the first JFT was compatible with BVR`s and PGB`s

Last edited:
Sirjee, technically block-1 is only good for ADA since it only carries WVR and dumb-bombs

Incorrect. All Jf-17s are cleared for BVR , WVR, Dumb bombs and a LGB with the WMD-7. The weapons were cleared for operational usage through a phased program.

Incorrect. All Jf-17s are cleared for BVR , WVR, Dumb bombs and a LGB with the WMD-7. The weapons were cleared for operational usage through a phased program.

I was under impression until B-1 goes through MLU ( strengthen wing roots and upgraded avionics) It wont be able to carry LGB,pod and BVR

On an unrelated note, does this wing root strengthening has anything to do with JF crash couple years back ? IIRC the wing was torn and there were chinese report of weak structure which can't handle high pressures plus the insider account of Taimi

I was under impression until B-1 goes through MLU ( strengthen wing roots and upgraded avionics) It wont be able to carry LGB,pod and BVR

Nope, it could carry them already. The wing strengthening was needed to clear the carriage of these loads beyond certain G-limits. BVR for e.g. was always cleared... but there was particular stress places by additional equipment that resulted in the only JF-17 loss(the pilot overstressed the airframe).. while essentially it was already a "beyond the limits" flight.. it prompted a strengthen of the structure that has the added benefit of increasing the weapon load that can be carried by the various stations.

Can u provide any reference to ur claim ?

Hi,

It is not my claim------the information----It should be here on this board on the old links---the ACM made those statements many a years ago and we had many a heated discussion as to why a ground strike rather than BVR capable.

You get nominated for TT by any of our team members. The nomination will lead to a vote, vote will decide the outcome. To get nominated you have to maintain quality, do not engage in forum violations and practice respectful discourse. We usually consider members with 1000 posts + for such roles that too as a minimum and depending on the quality.

some time the pdf adminsitrator suddenly closed the thread for thread participant with remarks
" (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"
But not inform the participant for what posting or word was the wrong if you inform the member privately this will be better for pdf slandered.

Hi,

It is not my claim------the information----It should be here on this board on the old links---the ACM made those statements many a years ago and we had many a heated discussion as to why a ground strike rather than BVR capable.
after loosing the hope of becoming a TT before 100 posts, the gentleman creates a new ID and is on your case on his 4th post

note: (he needed to become TT so that he can give me negative rating for my insolence)

Last edited:
I think it's premature to think that Block I could get exports if we did it would be great but now we have expanded operating envelope with Block II and hence a expanded export chance

With Super Mushshak, K-8 and JF-17 Block II combination Sino-Pak can achieve some good success with theses units especially since the first two have already been successful export aircraft

But at the same time we face a lot of lobbying pressure from multilevel governmental organisations if we secure a export it not only a export win but a huge political win too

I really hope we can secure exports for Block II first time a Muslims nation exports such a versatile weapon and that privilage should fall only to Pakistan inshallah

navy is interested in two sqdrns of blk 2 configuration. We may see mirs being replaced soon. As per a source, "jf-17 in naval config offers atleast twice the capability vis a vis mirage5pa. When it comes to radar and sensors, jf17 is way ahead of any mirage including ROSE upgrades."

Last edited:
navy is interested in two sqdrns of blk 2 configuration. We may see mirs being replaced soon. As per a source, "jf-17 in naval config offers atleast twice the capability vis a vis mirage5pa. When it comes to radar and sensors, jf17 is way ahead of any mirage including ROSE upgrades."

Not to mention reduced maintenance costs, higher reliability and easier integration into Pakistan's NCW components.
I really hope this is true, but where are the funds going to come from? Plus for some Submarines and surface vessels?

Back
Top Bottom