What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Usually, China don't deal with JF-17 tender. Even the Myanmar deal is carry out by PAC. Surprised, this Argentina deal tender is handle by CAC representative.

No surprise

Very sensible when you really think about it

Pakistan has a big UK diaspora, plus long term/time economic connections with the UK

China taking the lead is very sensible

Hi,

The rumour mill has it that there were either 6 or 9 targets locked---within the 60-70% kill range of the SD10's and lack of preparedness made them lose the opportunity to crush the enemy's psyche.

While it is a shame that they didn't fire I think it wasn't Pakistan's intention to escalate the conflict. The goal was to teach the Indians a lesson, and that the Indian military did learn despite their media making up fake news about F-16 kill. Had several additional jets been shot down and God forbid, some pilots died then I think there is a real risk of full scale war.

While it is a shame that they didn't fire I think it wasn't Pakistan's intention to escalate the conflict. The goal was to teach the Indians a lesson, and that the Indian military did learn despite their media making up fake news about F-16 kill. Had several additional jets been shot down and God forbid, some pilots died then I think there is a real risk of full scale war.
Shooting down enemy aircraft inside their own territory will not justify the aggression but in fact paint yourself as aggressor. The only IAF plane that can be down is the Mig-21Bison venture into Pakistan territories airspace.

Hi,

It was---just that the order to take them out came a few seconds too late---.

PAF has become a SHOW HORSE---bragging about its high performance during excercises with other nations---but when the moment of truth came---the Paf general command was not ready to hammer the nail in the coffin.

Hi,

It was---just that the order to take them out came a few seconds too late---.

PAF has become a SHOW HORSE---bragging about its high performance during excercises with other nations---but when the moment of truth came---the Paf general command was not ready to hammer the nail in the coffin.
Story of Pak military's life, from '62 to '65 to Kargil, always gun shy.

Hi,

The rumour mill has it that there were either 6 or 9 targets locked---within the 60-70% kill range of the SD10's and lack of preparedness made them lose the opportunity to crush the enemy's psyche.
Even one aircraft falling in Pakistani-controlled territory would be enough to keep Indians on backfoot. But as far as I know, the lone Mig-21 crashing in Azad Kashmir was at the tail end of the engagement & Indian assets had already bugged out by then. So, perhaps we were not in a position to target other IAF aircraft once Abhinandan got shot down.

I think it was a mistake to let them go once they were locked. In fact, the lack of preparedness was telling in that Pakistan could have used this opportunity to make strikes elsewhere in a seriously disproportionate manner (Siachin, Drass sector, you name it). This would have crushed them. But then on the other hand Indian leadership was invested in this misadventure of their's due to it being electoral season. This might have precipitated war. Still, Pakistan should have taken chances because the dividends were going to be great.

JF-17 murdering IAF birds with SD-10 would have been a big boost all around.

Last edited:
Had several additional jets been shot down and God forbid, some pilots died then I think there is a real risk of full scale war.
India was not in position to initiate a sustainable full scale war with Pakistan, it was entering in Election period, a complete war was the exact opposite of what BJP had planned for that certain time period, it is because of this reason Indian foreign Minister immediately after Indian action release the official statement stating No interest of India to escalate the tension further.

Secondly, only 2 orders were given one was against the Su-30MKI which was posing threat to Mirage Jet which was guiding the H-4 inside IIOK, second was against the MiG-21 of Abhinandan.

As per acknowledgement of PAF officials order for shooting down for rest of the aircrafts were not given.

Last edited:
Usually, China don't deal with JF-17 tender. Even the Myanmar deal is carry out by PAC. Surprised, this Argentina deal tender is handle by CAC representative.

I think China has been actively doing so for the past couple of years or so. I believe they were at the front for pitching JF-17 to Serbia. Don't know of any further progress there.

Pakistan could have used this opportunity to make strikes elsewhere in a seriously disproportionate manner (Siachin, Drass sector, you name it). This would have crushed them. But the on the other had Indian leadership was invested in this misadventure of their's due to it being electoral season. This might have precipitated war. Still, Pakistan should have taken chances because the dividends were going to be great.
Thankyou. This is such a great point. And even after retaliating on Siachen for example, the world pressure on us would have been much less than what a first strike would have brought to us.
For future, we must plan of using retaliatory strikes strategically instead of just for the sake of showing power or for some minor tactical gains. If playing the game becomes inevitable, let us least play it on our own terms.

Shooting down enemy aircraft inside their own territory will not justify the aggression but in fact paint yourself as aggressor. The only IAF plane that can be down is the Mig-21Bison venture into Pakistan territories airspace.

Hi,

Sir---you are not well informed---.

India had declared war on pakistan---its aircraft had bombed pakistani soil.

Pakistan had the right to retaliate.

If it was Israeli air force instead of PAF---they would have annihilated the enemy first and asked questions later.

There are rumors about Tunisia buying the JF-17 BLK III in May this year..

1645089974869.png

Back
Top Bottom