What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

So what? How does F-15QA, Rafale and Eurofighter cater to Qatar's need for a light weight fighter?

Malaysia did have trouble with RD-33's of Mig 29's but that particular issue doesnt occur with RD-93. You just made a big assumption. Plus they had no such trouble with Su-30's which is also a Russian aircraft

Another flawed argument.

By what measure did you just consider RMAF and QAF as subpar? RMAF has a very professional Air Force. QAF has over 70% pilots trained by Pakistani's at PFT/BFT level. Hence adjectives like subpar or poor do not fit here.

Please rethink your story.
With that many export customers, the European Vendors would happily offer their defense products for integration on Block-III fighter, which implies that Meteor could also be a real possibility in the future

So what? How does F-15QA, Rafale and Eurofighter cater to Qatar's need for a light weight fighter?

Malaysia did have trouble with RD-33's of Mig 29's but that particular issue doesnt occur with RD-93. You just made a big assumption. Plus they had no such trouble with Su-30's which is also a Russian aircraft

Another flawed argument.

By what measure did you just consider RMAF and QAF as subpar? RMAF has a very professional Air Force. QAF has over 70% pilots trained by Pakistani's at PFT/BFT level. Hence adjectives like subpar or poor do not fit here.

Why does Qatar have a need for a light fighter? Have they released any information suggesting they may be looking for one?

"The only disadvantage was a low service life, and heavy smoke, which was fixed only in the later models."
The RD93 still suffers from the smoking and has an even further reduced service life due to its increased thrust. Actually, i remember seeing that its service life was shortened by 1800 hours due to said higher thrust. Also, there is the potential for supply chain issues if Russia finds that the JF-17 is too great a competitor for aircraft such as the Mig 29 or Mig 35.

Not an argument, an opinion. Clearly stated "I personally".

At which point did i mention the RMAF and QAF in my closing remark? I dont see where i did? I again, clearly stated, "around the world"

Please rethink your interpretation.

Last edited:
I dont see anything coming from Qatar considering the just purchased a batch of new F-15QA. Malaysia probably wont come to fruition either as Malaysia has had tons of issues with Russian engines, to the point where they have grounded entire fleets. Don't get very excited. Besides, i personally wouldn't want to see this aircraft around the world. Just take a look at the combat record of Russian aircraft. It is terrible compared to American ones, this is because they're typically sold to poorer countries which do not have the same training standards. Selling to sub par forces will only tarnish the Thunder's record.
The comment before mentioned a country using F18 that's Malaysia and a country using EFT and Rafale that's Qatar.

Are Azeris still interested?

Another flawed argument.

The hints you are giving are too straightforward and must not be discussed on public forums.
Actually report about the countries are already known and pic of their head of state/government inspecting JF-17 are already widely circulated ... so no damage is done here ..... his part is only limited to confirm that we are still in negotiations with these countries ....

With that many export customers, the European Vendors would happily offer their defense products for integration on Block-III fighter, which implies that Meteor could also be a real possibility in the future
Think Big !!!

All the meteor hype will vanish in no time, either by Chinese industry or just a single scenario between PAF and IAF Rafale where PAF shoots down a meteor loaded Rafale !!!

Think Big !!!

All the meteor hype will vanish in no time, either by Chinese industry or just a single scenario between PAF and IAF Rafale where PAF shoots down a meteor loaded Rafale !!!

We know for a fact from 27th Feb in regards to SD-10, but from a marketing standpoint its a huge bonus that our product has paired the goodness of both the worlds

AESA Equipped Pakistani JF-17 Fighters Coming to Israel’s Border? Egyptian Air Force Shows Interest in Large Purchase

he Egyptian Air Force has reportedly shown considerable interest in acquiring an advanced variant of the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Thunder single engine light fighter to replace its large fleet of ageing second generation fighters. Egypt’s Air Force is currently among the largest in the world, but the country relies heavily on ageing variants of the Soviet MiG-21 and French Mirage 2000 - of which several hundred are currently in service. The country also fields a single squadron of Chinese J-7 fighters, acquired in the 1970s, and Vietnam War era U.S. manufactured F-4 Phantoms. These aircraft are all prized for their reliability and low operational costs, and give the Egyptian fleet a considerable numeric advantage over all potential adversaries, but have not been adequately modernised with up to date sensors, avionics or electronic warfare systems. These legacy aircraft also lack the ability to operate modern munitions - and in air to air combat are restricted to shore range engagements.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...S3_t1h-eh5Lx_THdfYd2k-qfVGjLZ7gdU51-Rs91xLSy0

Selling to qatar could be a political move more than what they need we are paying twice the rate of int'l market for their LNG

Back
Top Bottom