What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

PAKISTAN

Pakistan to export JF – 17 Thunder Fighter Jets to 4 countries

OCTOBER 15, 2019

Pakistan is all set to export JF – 17 Thunder Fighter Jets to 4 countries, reports have revealed.

Pakistan is now eyeing export markets in third countries in India’s neighborhood and among New Delhi’s traditional defence partners in Africa.

The subject of Chinese fighter aircraft and other military hardware supplied to Pakistan for exports to third countries figured high on the agenda of Pakistan Army chief’s visit to Beijing last week.

edfewsf.jpg
It is also revealed that Pakistan plans to sell batches of JF-17 Thunder fighters that it has built with Chinese assistance to India’s neighbour Myanmar and Nigeria, India’s old defence partner in Africa.

Myanmar has already purchased four thunder jets through Chinese assistance. Pakistan also plans to export JF-17 to Malaysia and Azerbaijan as well as additional fighter jets to Nigeria, which now has three JF-17s, as per the sources.

How hard it is to check for existing topic as such and avoid duplication of discussion.

We have already had this discussion on this and other threads. All the angles were discussed. Why open that discussion again?
as recently this news has been shared by some member. and at this time when we are crying that saudia and uae are not supporting pak rather they are having trade with worth billions of dollars. our leaders and analysts are blaming them that they prefer materialism over humanity. we also do the same.

as recently this news has been shared by some member. and at this time when we are crying that saudia and uae are not supporting pak rather they are having trade with worth billions of dollars. our leaders and analysts are blaming them that they prefer materialism over humanity. we also do the same.
Please search and read the relevant discussion. It is not quite that simple. Like I said, there are multiple angles to this issue. Why go in circles again?

Please search and read the relevant discussion. It is not quite that simple. Like I said, there are multiple angles to this issue. Why go in circles again?
every country has its "excuses". ask saudia and UAE. they will also have long list of excuses. in reality no one is ready to sacrifice $ for the sake of few thousand muslims. only few speeches and condemnation remarks are sufficient. the only point is that we should not blame others when we are preferring materialism over humanity. and it is not new. we followed the same approach after 9/11. its useless to discuss it here. i dont have time to go through BS excuses in the thread. we dont have the spine to rise for what's right and to make a sacrifice. we never had and never will. we should not point fingers at others. one day our time may come and no one will be coming for our help . they will have only words for us. how good we will feel at that time?

It is foolish to compare myanmar situation and pakistan with that of saudi and uae on kashmir. I don't want to go into details at this stage when it's not relevant but it was not a matter of excuses. 9/11 was a different case though and we acted poorly then, but I think we have moved on from that time when a dictator could surrender us on one phone call.

Point is that the link above is pure nonsense and I must admit I'm no longer fully aware on how this turned out in the end, but my feeling tells me there are so many overhyped reports like this posted and most of the were reposted several times at other sites, but that does not make them reliable.

And back to the Malaysian issue: When has ever an Air Force directly "purchased" two aircraft to test them? Never ... as such all these reports, Malaysia is the third export cutsomer of 2 JF-17s are nonsense. IMO this was a political statement similar to so many comments other political leaders do without any clue to the facts behind.

But as admitted, these are my 2 Cents.

The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force is on an official visit to Nigeria where he met the Chief of the NAF in Abuja. Nigeria bought 3 JF-17 jets in 2018 from Pakistan for $184.3 million. Nigeria now is satisfied with the jet and is looking to buy several more.

EHD2eqPXUAAEVdA.jpg

The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force is on an official visit to Nigeria where he met the Chief of the NAF in Abuja. Nigeria bought 3 JF-17 jets in 2018 from Pakistan for $184.3 million. Nigeria now is satisfied with the jet and is looking to buy several more.

View attachment 584535

And when will we see them? ... also, how can they be satisfied when they are not even delivered?

And when will we see them? ... also, how can they be satisfied when they are not even delivered?
It will take 4-5 years for them to be delivered .this is pretty much case with well established western jet manufacturers..
India signed rafale in 2016 with announcement in 2015 and delivery in march 2020 and looks satsified already just with traning and wants more...

Nigeria reportedly signed in early 2017 ..so why do we expect delivery in 2020 ??.shouldn't be by 2021 or later by standard comparison ...

Further orders might come if positive feedback by ground training and pilot training even before delivery

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom