What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

This is very very nice, if real !

I always thought that if Egypt and Pakistan can get together, to build aircraft then there is nothing which can beat this combo.

Lets do it ASAP; Saudi Arabia will join in !

Hunter_Hunted has shown interest in going through the news of someone new showing interest in JF-17

@cabatli_53

I never heard of this...

We already ordered 15 KT-1T from KAI in April 2015 as a stop-gap solution until we begin producing Hurkuş...

super mushak may be for low cost observation aircraft fitted with turkish systems... You dont want to send in F-16 if mushak can perform the same roll..

Responding to Ambassador’s interest, the minister said during the meeting that Pakistan is currently selling its weapon production to USA, United Kingdom, Germany and Far-East.

The defence minister proposed sale of JF-17 as well as Super Mashak to Egypt while bragging off Iraq’s signing an agreement to buy a score Super Mashak and Turkey’s agreement to buy 52 Super Mushak is almost done.

o_O

Pakistan only sells small arms to be used in shooting ranges for the west.. not that we are providing high tech 5th gen stealth..

super mushak may be for low cost observation aircraft fitted with turkish systems... You dont want to send in F-16 if mushak can perform the same roll..
We have ANKA for that.......if you are talking about low cost.

@cabatli_53

I never heard of this...

We already ordered 15 KT-1T from KAI in April 2015 as a stop-gap solution until we begin producing Hurkuş...

something is really cooking ..... an official press release of yesterday ....

PR No. 32
PRESS RELEASE
Islamabad: December 3, 2015

A Turkish delegation called on Minister for Defense Productions, Rana Tanvir Hussain in Islamabad. The delegation comprised of Prof.Dr. Ismail Demir. Undersecretary, Mr. Mujdat Uludag (Head of Demaprtment/Naval Platforms), and Mr. Murat Ceran (Head of Department/Fixed Wing Platforms). During the call on important discussions regarding the matters related to defence production industry and defence trade between the two countries were carried out.

Press Information Department (Government of Pakistan)

Buying JF-17 is the very same reason why they buy China K-8. They want an aircraft with low maintenance while giving them more input in dealing with production of aircraft. This is something buying a Mig-29 will not accomplished. MIg-29 is a fine aircraft but Mig is nototious company when comes to spare and repair plus the 2 engine is quite hefty maintenance problem especially for not a rich country like Egypt.
the k8 is an exception as the aircraft performed similar to wester aircrafts [bae hawk] at the time. and it made sense to buy it.
mig 29's and typically Russian jets as a whole are notoriously maintenance intensive. the mig 29 engine, the rd-33 is similar to the the jf-17 engines which is the rd-93, and the rd-93 as done 7000 hours and it hasnt skipped a beat. so reliability of the engines is something i may disagree with.

Egypt is surviving on Saudi aid..they do not have any pockets..
their pockets are shrinking too. and that goes for other regional countries that are regional allies of saudi arabia too.
Saudi Arabia burns through foreign reserves - FT.com
Saudi Arabia plans to borrow money on international bond markets - Business Insider

Joint Production? They want to assemble it locally? Will China allow that? just asking

the k8 is an exception as the aircraft performed similar to wester aircrafts [bae hawk] at the time. and it made sense to buy it.
mig 29's and typically Russian jets as a whole are notoriously maintenance intensive. the mig 29 engine, the rd-33 is similar to the the jf-17 engines which is the rd-93, and the rd-93 as done 7000 hours and it hasnt skipped a beat. so reliability of the engines is something i may disagree with.

their pockets are shrinking too. and that goes for other regional countries that are regional allies of saudi arabia too.
Saudi Arabia burns through foreign reserves - FT.com
Saudi Arabia plans to borrow money on international bond markets - Business Insider
In short Egypt has been there on n off.

Egypt in talks with Pakistan for joint production of JF-17 Thunder

Also read carefully post#15 and carefully read the highlighted parts.

U will get an idea of whats going on.

In short Egypt has been there on n off.

Egypt in talks with Pakistan for joint production of JF-17 Thunder

Also read carefully post#15 and carefully read the highlighted parts.

U will get an idea of whats going on.
i can write a report which is completely false and inflated. Pakistan and turkey is working on defense cooperation. where has that led to?
no anka
no hurkus
no milgem
no tf2000
no t129

the only thing i can remember the mtrp -33 and armored vehicles.

the tfx is an option but unlikely as china will undercut them by a huge margin.
also what they can get in turkey, they can also get in china for a fraction of what turkey is offering.

whats left?

i can write a report which is completely false and inflated. Pakistan and turkey is working on defense cooperation. where has that led to?
no anka
no hurkus
no milgem
no tf2000
no t129

the only thing i can remember the mtrp -33 and armored vehicles.

the tfx is an option but unlikely as china will undercut them by a huge margin.
also what they can get in turkey, they can also get in china for a fraction of what turkey is offering.

whats left?
read my post again.

Egypt to purchase JF-17 Thunder fighter jet from Pakistan
4th December 2015, 7:03 PM 0

jf-17-730x548.jpg

Advertisements
ISLAMABAD: Egyptian Ambassador to Pakistan, Sherif Shaheen met minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain and showed his country’s attention to purchase Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder.

Responding to Ambassador’s interest, the minister said during the meeting that Pakistan is currently selling its weapon production to USA, United Kingdom, Germany and Far-East.

The defence minister proposed sale of JF-17 as well as Super Mashak to Egypt while bragging off Iraq’s signing an agreement to buy a score Super Mashak and Turkey’s agreement to buy 52 Super Mushak is almost done.

Lauding Egypt’s potent and close relations with Pakistan, Tanvir said Egypt is ardent for collaboration in the area of defence production.

“A close cooperation between the two countries will also help other Muslim countries over the world,” added the defence minister.

The Egyptian Ambassador expressed his country’s wish to collaborate in defence production as the core of ties between Pakistan and Egypt.

The Ambassador said that his country would send a defence delegation to pay a visit to have a brief look at the defence production establishments and look into purchasing defence weapons from Pakistan.
Egypt to purchase JF-17 Thunder fighter jet from Pakistan | The News Teller
not another interest thread please?

why dont you add this to the mysterious sales thread?

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom