What's new

Exclusive: PAF Airchief Visits Rafale & M2k Units

two? i'd say thats almost 70% of your aircraft strength being evaluated, if thats really the case..LOL!

I have read some where that India is putting pressure thru France on Qatar to sell them to India.
And what is the reaction of Qatar ?

M2K still worth for PN repalceing Mirage 5 along UAE mirages 2k
UAE is not in a mood to sell, they have intentions for further upgrades so we can safely forget that for a half decade at least

Dude Qatar received her first Rafales in June last year so there's no question of any exercise with them.

oh my bad.
but i think it was some exercise with some countries where we have seen F-16s with Rafales ?
or was it with Typhoon ?

Why aren’t we taking interest in this ?
Very very small numbers. Not even a full squadron.
QR - Mirage 2000.jpg

But we are already on tight funds. What about repairs, weapons etc??? And are 12 jets really worth it???

It would make sense if we are getting more of these from UAE too.
Its interesting you've made two completely different statements in one post.

On one side, you're talking about us being tight on Funds. And then, on the other side you're hoping to perhaps score more from the UAE.

See whatever lil' funds we did have to buy old aircrafts were flushed down the toilet when we made the deal with Egypt last year for their even older Mirages.

Qatar had offered us the Mirages, but I think that was well over a decade back. And I believe there was a time when there was some talk going on with the UAEAF. So its safe to say that we've been down that path & the results are before us. I do know that UAE's Mirages were offered to Egypt a lil' over a year back, but that deal didn't go through.

Your question about if 12 jets being worth it... In the hands of our guys - trust me, they are.

I think the question we all want answered is (based on this topic) is, if Qatar is willing to part from their Mirages at a fair* price.

*Fair being dirt cheap.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom