What's new

examples of elite burden on the poor

Sliver

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am asking all of you to only contribute specific examples of how elites have become a burden on pakistan.this thread should be search-able, verifiable data so we can have a database to get back to.
I will keep adding more and if I find these are unverified or false information - I will update this thread and will apologize openly.

I will start:

1696078653537.png

Pakistan caretaker PM diverted his plane, had dinner on top of eiffel tower with family
bill paid by pakistani people.

pepetrator:Anwar Ul Kakar
breed: politician
cause: using public funds for personal grandiose use

notes:
this PM wasnt elected by the people to be the PM
Pakistani people are being told we are going through tough times, imports were halted to preserve forex, people are starving and many reduced intake of costly food
this "dinner on eiffel tower" did not result in any meetings/contacts with foreign powers
its just the PM "desiring" to go have dinner at eiffel tower - and pakistani tax payers/people's money being used to fund his "desire".

Kakar ka baap Asim munir ka paisa jo jua. Kisi ki kya majaal jo kuch kaha unless he/she wants a black vigo outside their house and then disappeared without a trace.

I am asking all of you to only contribute specific examples of how elites have become a burden on pakistan.this thread should be search-able, verifiable data so we can have a database to get back to.
I will keep adding more and if I find these are unverified or false information - I will update this thread and will apologize openly.

I will start:

View attachment 957100

Pakistan caretaker PM diverted his plane, had dinner on top of eiffel tower with family

notes:
Pakistani people are being told we are going through tough times, imports were halted to preserve forex, people are starving and many reduced intake of costly food
this "dinner on eiffel tower" did not result in any meetings/contacts with foreign powers
its just the PM "desiring" to go have dinner at eiffel tower - and pakistani tax payers/people's money being used to fund his "desire".

Pakistan is the most unfortunate country....establishment, PMLN and PPP ruled Pakistan for decades but still promising ...when they come in power , we will............................................ plunder more.

He just had best few days of his life and he will milk his temporary bonanza for the whole duration. Your whole caretaker setup drama is absurd.

First of all going to NY, he stopped at Paris. This is not a big deal. Don't waste your energy on these things.

Now the elite capture. Selling $14 per mmbtu natural gas to Textiles at US6.5 per mmbtu, with a notion that these are export oriented industries. From 2015 t0 2022. They just took that subsidy and contributed nothing. No one asked them to show export growth. Yet they cost billions of dollar to exchequers. Same goes for Fertilizer industries, getting subsidy and showing nothing.

In power sector same subsidy is given to certain industries who instead of investing in expansion invest in real estate.

These are the examples of elite capture.

In 50s, many industries were given land by the govt with the promise that these will be used for industrial purpose only, now many of these lands have shopping malls . NO one asked them.

I spent some time yesterday watching a long documentary about how Robert Mugabe's policies ruined Zimbabwe. Sure, there were the elites leeching but by overly generous 'benefits' and 'populist policies', he did even more damage. In case of Pakistan, the elites exist in all upper strata of the society: Judges, Generals, Politicians, Beauracracies. But below them are the elites like in PIA with overly generous allowances and benefits.
I have often said that Pakistan needs a Juche like policy--but not that extreme which would hinder the exports-- to get its house in order. There will be a lot of initial pain but the country will be set on good footings after that.

Here is the Zimbabwe video I watched yesterday. I kept trying to draw parallels with Pakistan and other ailing economies. To me, the worst enemy of a country is political instability and domestic violence (terrorism), followed by 'corruption', 'nepotism'. Orderly transfer of power is a must if it is a democracy. If not then might as well remain authoritarian while lifting the education level of the masses. Plenty of countries have transitioned from authoritarian countries to stable democracies or semi-democracies.

I will start:

View attachment 957100

notes:
Sab say barray chutiyay are the idiots paidaishi ghulam shaking his hands. Couldn't one of them had the minimum amount of ghairat to have called out his chor *** wasting public's money.

Trip to Paris, trip to the high streets of London and a nice lunch with his wife and son (why TF were they even on this trip?), and then the Turkish restaurant in NYC. Oh, and the stopover in KSA on the way back too.

Is this moron back in the country yet?

Hamaray jarnail and their fetish of anyone who can speak some English will never to cease to amaze me.

Here is the Zimbabwe video I watched yesterday. I kept trying to draw parallels with Pakistan and other ailing economies. To me, the worst enemy of a country is political instability and domestic violence (terrorism), followed by 'corruption', 'nepotism'. Orderly transfer of power is a must if it is a democracy. If not then might as well remain authoritarian while lifting the education level of the masses. Plenty of countries have transitioned from authoritarian countries to stable democracies or semi-democracies.

Excellent video. Similar case studies should be made for Haiti, Lebanon, Egypt, Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia etc., Nothing is as valuable in understanding complex Macroeconomics as a careful study of failed economies. U.S. Great Depression of 1930's is a standard subject of any macroeconomics course, but it is becoming old and has to be supplanted with modern failures.

Excellent video. Similar case studies should be made for Haiti, Lebanon, Egypt, Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia etc., Nothing is as valuable in understanding complex Macroeconomics as a careful study of failed economies. U.S. Great Depression of 1930's is a standard subject of any macroeconomics course, but it is becoming old and has to be supplanted with modern failures.

Mistakes in foreign policy especially with regards to neighbors, has profound affect's on a country's future direction. Pakistan's decline started after the 1979 Soviet-America proxy war in Afghanistan, Somalia was not that bad until a bad military move decades ago, and Mugabe's costly involvement in a foreign war hugely compounded the results of his blunders. There are probably similar cases such as in Ethiopia.
Peace and stability within and without--especially in the immediate neighborhood. And that's why I differ with most Pakistanis here who want to launch rains of very costly missiles into Afghanistan these days against the TTP terrorists. Instead, work with the Afghan Taliban govt in a carrot and stick approach but the 'stick' doesn't have to look like a missile.

I will start:

View attachment 957100

notes:
They are not burden ...they are curse .

Mistakes in foreign policy especially with regards to neighbors, has profound affect's on a country's future direction. Pakistan's decline started after the 1979 Soviet-America proxy war in Afghanistan, Somalia was not that bad until a bad military move decades ago, and Mugabe's costly involvement in a foreign war hugely compounded the results of his blunders. There are probably similar cases such as in Ethiopia.
Peace and stability within and without--especially in the immediate neighborhood. And that's why I differ with most Pakistanis here who want to launch rains of very costly missiles into Afghanistan these days against the TTP terrorists. Instead, work with the Afghan Taliban govt in a carrot and stick approach but the 'stick' doesn't have to look like a missile.
People don't understand benefits of peace. Why USA is prosper ? It has one of most calm borders. Even when Mexico is not cooperating with USA and pumping 1000s of migrants to its southern boarder, they are not going to war. People are too much trigger happy and I feel they don't get idea of toll on resources even if small localize conflict.

Back
Top Bottom