What's new

Ex-army chief VK Singh tried to topple J&K government: Report

[MENTION=148509][Bregs][/MENTION] Phaentein padne hai tereko. If your babus were so sure of these allegations in the 6 months that they had, yes six months since this has been around, a court of inquiry would have been instituted. The very fact that it has not been so means that they can't prove squat and/or are somehow hiding something themselves. IF you do not know the organisational setup of the MOD and the IA, cannot distinguish between a board inquiry under the DGMO and actual proof, do not know the legal and procedural setup then BUG OUT!

He simply asked you, do you agree that then entire Congress party should be tried out for Swiss bank accounts? You've not responded.

i have replied to him there is no need for you to pop out your head in every discussion because i have divergent view with you

The BJP should distance itself from V.K.Singh pronto. Regardless of the merit in these latest allegations, it is a report from the Army that is being debated. The BJP should not be picking V.K.Singh over the army or over other Generals including the present CoAS and the man most likely to succeed him, Lt.Gen. Dalbir Singh Suhag, both of whom came under fire from V.K.Singh. Does the BJP want to risk alienating a present chief and a future chief by taking sides in this matter? The BJP has no dog in this fight, better to let V.K. Singh go his own way. He is quite clearly controversial. As as been pointed out earlier, the government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee sacked a Naval Chief on the charge of insubordination. Best to leave this well alone.

I think it was probably because it was a case of hearsay and probably not provable and that was why the RM asked the Chief whether he wanted to pursue it because it would be his testimony alone that would be used & whether it might be best not to wash dirty linen in public. After all the man against whom the allegation was made was also a recently retired high ranking officer.

Yaar...just look at the setup of Intelligence agencies

1. Intelligence Bureau - Reports in to the Ministry of Home Affairs. The IB operates and has its own network. More so in the border areas. This is headed by an IPS officer. Let me assure you, the capabilities this organisation has to intercept information is not funny.

2. RAW - Reports directly to the PMO. Well funded and operates the ETS(The elint arm). Note, the Elint arm reports in to RAW. Again the Elint arm is headed either by an IAS or IPS cadre officer

3. DMI - The main intelligence arm of the Army. Compared to the resources available to IB and RAW, this is a baby. Anyways, to further drill it down and show this is crap. Post Kargil, most of the power is with the DIA. Why is this important? Most of the communications (Elint) which was earlier part of the DMI was moved to the DIA. DIA reports to MoD not Army HQ.

Now in all this, there are only 2 things possible

1. If the Army chief was indeed involved, he should have been fired. No questions asked. But he was not. Why? Did the other organisations not pick up a problem? If they did not, we have a serious problem in intelligence capabilities.

2. If the Army chief was indeed involved and the GoI did not act. Why did it not act then? Why now?

this is the simple reason, why I practically refuse to believe that 3 of the premier intelligence agencies with all the elint capabilities int he country failed to monitor the activities of a army chief. that too related to a state like J&K. Btw, all activities of all military heads are tracked.

Which is why I say, this is rubbish.

[MENTION=148509][Bregs][/MENTION] Phaentein padne hai tereko. If your babus were so sure of these allegations in the 6 months that they had, yes six months since this has been around, a court of inquiry would have been instituted. The very fact that it has not been so means that they can't prove squat and/or are somehow hiding something themselves. IF you do not know the organisational setup of the MOD and the IA, cannot distinguish between a board inquiry under the DGMO and actual proof, do not know the legal and procedural setup then BUG OUT!

Phaentein maar apne Fenku fans ko jakar, these babus do not belong me neither does these army oofficers i have only quoted news reports and you have not authority to comment on my views if i do not agree with others are you the sole proprietor of all the knowledge of how set up works in MOD

[Bregs];4792492 said:
Phaentein maar apne Fenku fans ko jakar, these babus do not belong me neither does these army oofficers i have only quoted news reports and you have not authority to comment on my views if i do not agree with others are you the sole proprietor of all the knowledge of how set up works in MOD

More so than you. I do know how the organisation functions. My issue is simple, IF you are going to post a gaggle of reports- do so only when you have sufficient knowledge of the matters at hand. Instead of flooding a thread with red marked allegations which you don't even know the context of.

Just 2cr to topple the government! :lol:
I wish he used it to topple "UPA"!
~
What happen to "coup" investigation?
~
What happen to "tatra" investigation?
~
What happen to "secret letter" investigation?
~

Yaar...just look at the setup of Intelligence agencies

1. Intelligence Bureau - Reports in to the Ministry of Home Affairs. The IB operates and has its own network. More so in the border areas. This is headed by an IPS officer. Let me assure you, the capabilities this organisation has to intercept information is not funny.

2. RAW - Reports directly to the PMO. Well funded and operates the ETS(The elint arm). Note, the Elint arm reports in to RAW. Again the Elint arm is headed either by an IAS or IPS cadre officer

3. DMI - The main intelligence arm of the Army. Compared to the resources available to IB and RAW, this is a baby. Anyways, to further drill it down and show this is crap. Post Kargil, most of the power is with the DIA. Why is this important? Most of the communications (Elint) which was earlier part of the DMI was moved to the DIA. DIA reports to MoD not Army HQ.

Now in all this, there are only 2 things possible

1. If the Army chief was indeed involved, he should have been fired. No questions asked. But he was not. Why? Did the other organisations not pick up a problem? If they did not, we have a serious problem in intelligence capabilities.

2. If the Army chief was indeed involved and the GoI did not act. Why did it not act then? Why now?

this is the simple reason, why I practically refuse to believe that 3 of the premier intelligence agencies with all the elint capabilities int he country failed to monitor the activities of a army chief. that too related to a state like J&K. Btw, all activities of all military heads are tracked.

Which is why I say, this is rubbish.

Actually my point was different. This now becoming an internal army issue. Regardless of the merit in the allegations, best for the BJP to say out is what I felt.

@Bang Galore You realize what has happened right? Every officer will be looking behind his back- organisational discipline will suffer no matter how this issue is handled. Political propriety will take over professional efficiency and clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
The IE usually does its fact checking pretty well. The previous allegation was not that V.K. Singh attempted a coup, only that the GoI and the bureaucracy thought it might be. It wasn't proven wrong, it most likely was spot on . The present report has now been vouched for as being present by top ministers, including Salman Khurshid. The validity of the charges is a different matter, IE said that there was a report & that these were the contents. I simply see no basis to doubt that. A quick look at any news channel will prove that they are discussing this report and debating the veracity of its contents, not the existence of the report itself.

I think that the chief reason why the previous allegation wasn't pursued was due to the fact that it would've put the entire Indian Army(although led by V.K. Singh) under trial. Which is also why I strongly suspect the charges of this report are neatly and singularly pointed only at the ex-general this time around.

More so than you. I do know how the organisation functions. My issue is simple, IF you are going to post a gaggle of reports- do so only when you have sufficient knowledge of the matters at hand. Instead of flooding a thread with red marked allegations which you don't even know the context of.

Mine putting links of relevant news links looks offensive to you what about others insulting remarks including yours despite being a sr member here

But no problem at your insulting comments to me i am amazed at the type of cadre RSS is producing now a days i used to go to shakha in school time but that RSS is long gone which used to teach certain ethics now although personally i still have regard for RSS not for its cadres anymore

i have read each n every article the problem is only political angel has been highlighted here that govt is doing because VK Singh joined BJP except some other aspects highlighted very eloquently by @Bang Galore and @Agnostic_Indian

i found your comments biased but i will never go abusive and never intervened in your discussions which is not in mine rule book to poke my nose in each discussion

@Roybot @third eye @Marxist

Can you people tell us why did Gen.VK Singh shamelessly covered up the beheading of 3 Indian Soldiers by Pakistani Soldiers/BAT teams in August 2011?

Chindits: *Flash* : Soon After Indo-Pak Talks, Pakistan's Border Area Team (BAT) Behead Indian Soldiers In Kupwara's 28 Div !!

Militants behead two jawans in J&K : North, News - India Today

Army which was led by Gen.VK Singh then hid this incident.

For the same reason that the withdrawal from Sundorong Chu or the fact that a certain post on the LOC is no longer ours remains hidden from the public. The same reason that we have babus who try to down play these incidents.

@Roybot @third eye @Marxist

Can you people tell us why did Gen.VK Singh shamelessly covered up the beheading of 3 Indian Soldiers by Pakistani Soldiers/BAT teams in August 2011?

Chindits: *Flash* : Soon After Indo-Pak Talks, Pakistan's Border Area Team (BAT) Behead Indian Soldiers In Kupwara's 28 Div !!

Militants behead two jawans in J&K : North, News - India Today

Army which was led by Gen.VK Singh then hid this incident.

Don't be silly, does the IA announce what it does in revenge? I actually find the present tom-toming of the incidents to be more surprising than the secrecy before.

news hardly comes as surprising

either way, the "official" govt in ioK doesnt enjoy popular support even among Kashmiris themselves; the APHC and the Mirwaiz factions hold a lot more political influence -- and those cant be 'toppled'

For the same reason that the withdrawal from Sundorong Chu or the fact that a certain post on the LOC is no longer ours remains hidden from the public. The same reason that we have babus who try to down play these incidents.

But then VK Singh is no different from these dishonest babus.HE is same as them.

Back
Top Bottom