What's new

Ex-army chief VK Singh tried to topple J&K government: Report

Bofors and this is NOT the same- is that so hard to comprehend? Is it my imagination or was it "deep- throat" who did the digging NOT the damn ministries leaking a confidential report.

Oh so its all kosher coz its not the first time? Well then everything else is also very common in India- bribery, corruption, riots- since all of them happen- we shouldn't highlight such things with a political angel.

You and every other indian have every right to raise the political exploitation of this issue by congress but not at the expense of ignoring other allegations levelled against VK Singh, through reports though he may not be legally in trouble as of now or ever but this certainly is embarrassing for army and country as a whole that he too has lost no opportunity of being in controversy

[Bregs];4792674 said:
You and every other indian have every right to raise the political exploitation of this issue by congress but not at the expense of ignoring other allegations levelled against VK Singh, through reports though he may not be legally in trouble as of now or ever but this certainly is embarrassing for army and country as a whole that he too has lost no opportunity of being in controversy

Ah is that so. So akin to the very people you oppose. Not a wit of a difference- to each only his party is spotless and supreme. AND if caught in a corner then at least mitigate the damage to said party's image.

Leave it be. The embarrassment is not his, he was earning his ranger tab while these babus were still learning how to lie properly.

[Bregs];4792659 said:
Here lies the problem this General has caused many controversies before too and now his political innings will give embarrassing moments to country n army because congress too is not far behind any one one to politically exploit this issue like its happening now with the tmings but what about other allegations levelled in the report

Is it first time the aligations are leveled against any person in India ??? Or any army officer ???
- Jorge Fernandis
- Rajiv Gandhi
- Rajesh Titlar
- Lalu
-Mulayam - mayavati - jailalita - Raja 2G - MMS - Robert Vadhera
Tons of alligations

Didnt those aligations ever bring any embarresment to Nation ??? So why you think now this case will be different ???

- guy was a General and he served our country well. He expose TATRA scam. Those are good deed.
- now he is not related to army. He is a free individual to whatever he want including politics.

I am not saying guy is innocent. If govt can prosecute him they will and they should. But trust me they cant thats why this report got leak. Now somebody will go to SC with a PIL agaist him for contempt of constitution. Thats the only way for GOI. But SC will not take that PIL

Yes me no speak engrish. Happy now?

MoD receives all the info from the Army. Which info needs to be released to the media is a decision that the MoD needs to take.

@Dillinger back me up on this.

You didn't answer my question.

What stopped VK Singh from giving a press conference or atleast speaking to the media on the incident IF he really felt that he must tell the nation the truth and not hide it.

OR even more important:
why didn't he visit the families of Havildar Jaipal Singh Adhikari and Lance Naik Devender Singh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it first time the aligations are leveled against any person in India ??? Or any army officer ???
- Jorge Fernandis
- Rajiv Gandhi
- Rajesh Titlar
- Lalu
-Mulayam - mayavati - jailalita - Raja 2G - MMS - Robert Vadhera
Tons of alligations

Didnt those aligations ever bring any embarresment to Nation ??? So why you think now this case will be different ???

- guy was a General and he served our country well. He expose TATRA scam. Those are good deed.
- now he is not related to army. He is a free individual to whatever he want including politics.

I am not saying guy is innocent. If govt can prosecute him they will and they should. But trust me they cant thats why this report got leak. Now somebody will go to SC with a PIL agaist him for contempt of constitution. Thats the only way for GOI. But SC will not take that PIL

All the scams are bad for country but this general issue was avoidable

Here is the list of scam, performed by BJP and their partners just 9 years ago:

1. Tehelka.com, a website run by investigative journalism enthusiast showed BJP’s then president Bangaru Laxman taking bundles of cash as bribe

2. UTI – United Trust of India, now doing business as Axis Bank, lost its money putting investors to the verge of loosing their money. Though the funds was managed well in UTI64, scam hit during NDA regime which created the loss. Few thousand crore money involved. The US-64 scheme had 2 crore investors, the bulk of whom were small savers, retired people, widows and pensioners. In 1998, the UTI crashed, and the BJP-led NDA government scrambled to organise Rs. 3,500 crore bail-outs to UTI. The capital of UTI fell by 33% from 75,000 crores to 50,000 crores, making this a 25,000 crores scam. Additionally public faith in financial institutions was completely eroded. In a global recession such a mistake would be catastrophic, it would retard and hamper the country’s chances of recovery turning it into a full blown crisis.

3. BJP leader Sushma Swaraj and her close friendship with Reddy brothers, who are considered to be mining mafia in Andhra – Karnataka states is a known fact. She was considered as God mother for Reddy brothers.

4. Soon after assuming office in 1999, the NDA government embarked on a full-scale privatisation programme, offering controlling stake in government-owned companies to “strategic partners”. Starting in January 2000, in less than two and a half years, the government sold controlling stake in nine companies, apart from 19 hotels at various locations belonging to the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC). The government earned Rs.5,544 crores from the strategic sale of the nine enterprises. Every single instance was controversial and initiated protests from the unions. The unions not only feared for workers’ jobs but alleged that the units were being sold for a song.

5. BALCO SCAM: – Complete erosion of public money in the name of ‘disinvestment’. – The aluminium giant where missiles such as ‘Agni’ and ‘Prithvi’ were shaped, was sold to Sterlite company for a paltry sum of Rs.551 crore at a time when the assets alone were worth Rs.5,000-6,000 crore.

6. Gujarat Cooperative Bank Scam 2003: – In Gujarat, the Narendra Modi Government had to pay out Rs. 870 Crore to small investors after the Gujarat Bank Scam of 2003 which led to the closure of 9 cooperative banks and 17 other being declared sick. – The administrator of the crisis-ridden Panchamahal District Co-operative Bank even registered a complaint against Gujarat Minister of State Prabhatsinh Chauhan and 28 others, alleging their involvement in the embezzlement of Rs 124 crore (Rs 1.24 billion) from the bank

7. Centaur Hotel Scam: – In June 2002, the 288-room Centaur Hotel near Mumbai’s domestic airport was sold by the Hotel Corporation of India to Batra Hospitality, for Rs 83 crore. – *Within four months*, Batra Hospitality sold off the hotel property to the Sahara group *for Rs 115 crore, raking in a 35% profit*. – This leads to the inescapable conclusion that the bidding process of the hotel was blatantly rigged in favour of A. L. Batra, an industrialist with close ties to the RSS. – Validating the above theory, the Comptroller and Auditor General, in its report-2004, expressed *serious doubts on the methods used by the NDA government for computing the valuation of the underlying assets* in the matter of disinvestment of Centaur Hotel. CAG stated that the Government had *suffered a loss of rupees 145.69 crores in revenue in the sale of Centaur Hotel.

8. Cybertron Technopolis Scam: • Another scam of Atal Behari Vajpayee Government relates to laying the foundation stone of a Software Technology Park, named as ‘Cybertron Technopolis’ by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. *The park was promoted by the same Johri brothers who were benefited by the UTI scam*. • The RSS man who facilitated this was Pradeep Narayan Mathur, who is a trustee of Vishwa Samvad Kendra in Lucknow and a senior member of VHP. *The Rajnath Singh government in UP collaborated in the venture by becoming a partner of the proposed IT park*. • Since the company had the blessings of the Prime Minister, the innocent public invested heavily in the company. • Evidence of the suspicious and ill-thought out nature of the venture: currently the promoter, Arvind Johri is under investigation by the CBI.

Finally who is the winner in doing Scams?

What stopped VK Singh from giving a press conference or atleast speaking to the media on the incident IF he really felt that he must tell the nation the truth and not hide it.

OR even more important:
why didn't he visit the families of Havildar Jaipal Singh Adhikari and Lance Naik Devender Singh.

Becuase he CANNOT give a press conference as the serving COAS on the matter without clearance. Ergo my criticism when he stepped out of line for the TATRA and date of birth issue in contravention of the same rule. NOR is it his job/mandate to give press conferences, he doesn't have the authority- what is to be done with the info is a political decisions and not his. You think Gen. Bikram Singh was part of a certain conclave this year without prior permission from the MOD? How many serving officers have a FB account? Find out- or how many actually give interviews without prior permission- they can't even release their private pictures if on ops.

[Bregs];4792727 said:
All the scams are bad for country but this general issue was avoidable

Here is the list of scam, performed by BJP and their partners just 9 years ago:

1. Tehelka.com, a website run by investigative journalism enthusiast showed BJP’s then president Bangaru Laxman taking bundles of cash as bribe

2. UTI – United Trust of India, now doing business as Axis Bank, lost its money putting investors to the verge of loosing their money. Though the funds was managed well in UTI64, scam hit during NDA regime which created the loss. Few thousand crore money involved. The US-64 scheme had 2 crore investors, the bulk of whom were small savers, retired people, widows and pensioners. In 1998, the UTI crashed, and the BJP-led NDA government scrambled to organise Rs. 3,500 crore bail-outs to UTI. The capital of UTI fell by 33% from 75,000 crores to 50,000 crores, making this a 25,000 crores scam. Additionally public faith in financial institutions was completely eroded. In a global recession such a mistake would be catastrophic, it would retard and hamper the country’s chances of recovery turning it into a full blown crisis.

3. BJP leader Sushma Swaraj and her close friendship with Reddy brothers, who are considered to be mining mafia in Andhra – Karnataka states is a known fact. She was considered as God mother for Reddy brothers.

4. Soon after assuming office in 1999, the NDA government embarked on a full-scale privatisation programme, offering controlling stake in government-owned companies to “strategic partners”. Starting in January 2000, in less than two and a half years, the government sold controlling stake in nine companies, apart from 19 hotels at various locations belonging to the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC). The government earned Rs.5,544 crores from the strategic sale of the nine enterprises. Every single instance was controversial and initiated protests from the unions. The unions not only feared for workers’ jobs but alleged that the units were being sold for a song.

5. BALCO SCAM: – Complete erosion of public money in the name of ‘disinvestment’. – The aluminium giant where missiles such as ‘Agni’ and ‘Prithvi’ were shaped, was sold to Sterlite company for a paltry sum of Rs.551 crore at a time when the assets alone were worth Rs.5,000-6,000 crore.

6. Gujarat Cooperative Bank Scam 2003: – In Gujarat, the Narendra Modi Government had to pay out Rs. 870 Crore to small investors after the Gujarat Bank Scam of 2003 which led to the closure of 9 cooperative banks and 17 other being declared sick. – The administrator of the crisis-ridden Panchamahal District Co-operative Bank even registered a complaint against Gujarat Minister of State Prabhatsinh Chauhan and 28 others, alleging their involvement in the embezzlement of Rs 124 crore (Rs 1.24 billion) from the bank

7. Centaur Hotel Scam: – In June 2002, the 288-room Centaur Hotel near Mumbai’s domestic airport was sold by the Hotel Corporation of India to Batra Hospitality, for Rs 83 crore. – *Within four months*, Batra Hospitality sold off the hotel property to the Sahara group *for Rs 115 crore, raking in a 35% profit*. – This leads to the inescapable conclusion that the bidding process of the hotel was blatantly rigged in favour of A. L. Batra, an industrialist with close ties to the RSS. – Validating the above theory, the Comptroller and Auditor General, in its report-2004, expressed *serious doubts on the methods used by the NDA government for computing the valuation of the underlying assets* in the matter of disinvestment of Centaur Hotel. CAG stated that the Government had *suffered a loss of rupees 145.69 crores in revenue in the sale of Centaur Hotel.

8. Cybertron Technopolis Scam: • Another scam of Atal Behari Vajpayee Government relates to laying the foundation stone of a Software Technology Park, named as ‘Cybertron Technopolis’ by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. *The park was promoted by the same Johri brothers who were benefited by the UTI scam*. • The RSS man who facilitated this was Pradeep Narayan Mathur, who is a trustee of Vishwa Samvad Kendra in Lucknow and a senior member of VHP. *The Rajnath Singh government in UP collaborated in the venture by becoming a partner of the proposed IT park*. • Since the company had the blessings of the Prime Minister, the innocent public invested heavily in the company. • Evidence of the suspicious and ill-thought out nature of the venture: currently the promoter, Arvind Johri is under investigation by the CBI.

Finally who is the winner in doing Scams?
Oh common I am not targeting your congress. Add all this to my post and then reply. On rest if my post.

Aren't all these scams worst than what general did ???

And about toppling govt wasn't "Cast in LS" live on National television wasnt embarrassing enough ???
You can add whatever you want for BJP but that didn't change my question.

OR even more important:

How do you know he didn't?

What stopped VK Singh from giving a press conference? Protocol, at the end its the decision of the MoD what they want to do with a particular incident and whether they want to go to the press. The decision lies with the Raksha Mantri, the Government.

As I said, Indian army exacted its revenge. So please stop questioning the General VK Singh' competency, simply because he decided to share the stage with Modi. Its sickening.

Becuase he CANNOT give a press conference as the serving COAS on the matter without clearance. Ergo my criticism when he stepped out of line for the TATRA and date of birth issue in contravention of the same rule. NOR is it his job/mandate to give press conferences, he doesn't have the authority- what is to be done with the info is a political decisions and not his. You think Gen. Bikram Singh was part of a certain conclave this year without prior permission from the MOD? How many serving officers have a FB account? Find out- or how many actually give interviews without prior permission- they can't even release their private pictures if on ops.

So acc. to you He has time as well as the guts to tell the media without GOI pernission about deals regarding TATRA trucks BUT he becomes as meek a lamb when it comes to beheading of Indian Soldiersand doesn;t even speak a word about it with the media.:omghaha:

Oh common I am not targeting your congress. Add all this to my post and then reply. On rest if my post.

Aren't all these scams worst than what general did ???

And about toppling govt wasn't "Cast in LS" live on National television wasnt embarrassing enough ???
You can add whatever you want for BJP but that didn't change my question.

you were targeting politicians other then BJP ones, so i updated your list :cheers:, though not added latest state govts stalwarts like Yeddi and reddy bros and ministers under modi scandals

So acc. to you He has time as well as the guts to tell the media without GOI pernission about deals regarding TATRA trucks BUT he becomes as meek a lamb when it comes to beheading of Indian Soldiers.:omghaha:

He did what he did, THAT is exactly why me and @Bang Galore have been saying that what he did was wrong. He breached the rule- you break the law once doesn't mean that you should have broken it before as well. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing worries me. If Congress continues like this, their leaders may end up being assassinated by the public! Not that they don't deserve death though.

Ahh!!That would be a real pleasure for me.........infact the greatest one of my life.

[Bregs];4792763 said:
you were targeting politicians other then BJP ones, so i updated your list :cheers:, though not added latest state govts stalwarts like Yeddi and reddy bros and ministers under modi scandals

I said add that all BJP scams to my post and then reply to my posts. I didn't go in detail I just posted whatever I remember in one go. Still if you want feel free to add them and then reply

I said add that all BJP scams to my post and then reply to my posts. I didn't go in detail I just posted whatever I remember in one go. Still if you want feel free to add them and then reply

Its all over from me till more reports of this VK singh comes out in public linen

How do you know he didn't?

What stopped VK Singh from giving a press conference? Protocol, at the end its the decision of the MoD what they want to do with a particular incident and whether they want to go to the press. The decision lies with the Raksha Mantri, the Government.

As I said, Indian army exacted its revenge. So please stop questioning the General VK Singh' competency, simply because he decided to share the stage with Modi. Its sickening.

The slain soldiers were identified as Havaldar Jaipal Singh Adhikari and Lance Naik Devender Singh, hailing from Uttarakhand state.

Jaipal Singh Adhikari's brother Chandan Singh Adhikari said the army officials were not willing to accept the tragic incident at that time.

"The army has now accepted that they were beheaded," said Chandan Singh Adhikari.

The gathering demanded that the government should honour the families of the slain soldiers and proper compensation must be provided.

Martyred Indian soldier's family demands retribution - Indian Express

Army even lied about the beheading then:

http://news.in.********/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5347442

The Truth:

The martyred soldiers were identified as Havildar Jaipal Singh Adhikari and Lance Naik Devender Singh.

The soldiers were cremated on Wednesday at their native places in Pithoragarh and Haldwani districts of Uttrakhand.

A state police officer, who was present at the cremation of Devender Singh, confirmed that the bodies were badly mutilated and not shown to relatives. The Army authorities informed that the heads were blown away during the fierce encounter, he said.

Lance Naik Devender Singh's uncle also admitted that the bodies weren't shown to the family members, and so did a 20 Kumaon regiment official. Militants fired rocket propelled grenades at the jawans, killing them on spot and blowing off their heads, the official said.

When asked if militants beheaded Indian soldiers, Kalia avoided a direct reply by merely commenting that " details weren't available". But, the actual incident is quietly being discussed among the army circles in the valley.

A commanding officer of a Rashtriya Rifles ( RR) unit, deployed in the Kupwara sector, also privately confirmed that militants had beheaded two soldiers of the Kumaon unit.

MY anger against VK singh is not because he shared a dias with modi but because he lied that it is because of decommision of his intel unit border incidents happened.

If that is the case why did such incidents like one above happened in his tenure when his intel unit had a free hand.

Back
Top Bottom